Houston
Sponsored by

Miami learning the hard way what Houston already know - Fart Acevedo

7,222 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Chewy
Marauder Blue 6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/10/us/miami-police-chief-art-acevedo/index.html

Good riddance. Now if they'd just hire our DA.
tylercsbn9
AG
Quote:

Tom Brady or the Michael Jordan of police chiefs," when he was hired.

Holy ****
DustysLineup
AG

Quote:

But the tipping point, according to Piquero, was when Acevedo told officers during roll call in August that the "Cuban Mafia runs the Miami Police Department."

Acevedo later apologized, saying his comment was intended to "highlight the importance of diversity within our own ranks and to lighten our discussion," but added that he has since learned it was "highly offensive to the exile Cuban community, of which I am a proud member."

When contacted by CNN for comment on the meetings and allegations, Acevedo said he has been "ordered by the city not to discuss these matters."

File5
AG
My favorite part was this:

"An NBC 6 investigation found that Acevedo did not officially apply for the role of chief; however, the mayor recommended Acevedo for the position while he was in Houston and the city manager hired him. He was selected over more than 50 applicants and eight finalists, including five internal candidates who went through a selection process"

So screw the rules, let's just hire this "all-star" from Houston! Why even have a process if you're going to pick someone based on soundbites and ethnicity? Thank the Lord they did, though, for H-town's sake.
Jock 07
AG
A friendly note to Miami, the return policy has already expired. Sorry
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Always a good idea to take a deep look at someone's history AFTER you hire them.

Suck it Miami, he's your problem now.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Ag_07
AG
Art is nothing more than a politician. He's not a LEO and I'm glad he's gone and someone has to deal with his BS.

With that said...Unfortunately he's not the problem here. Our issues here will persist long after his departure and go way deeper than a crappy police chief.
chimpanzee
tylercsbn9 said:

Quote:

Tom Brady or the Michael Jordan of police chiefs," when he was hired.

Holy ****
Peter Brady or Montell Jordan, perhaps.
. . .
He gone

Quote:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article254651372.html

City Manager Art Noriega suspended embattled Miami Police Chief Art Acevedo on Monday with the intention of firing him ending weeks of speculation and tumult at Miami City Hall and after a pair of circus-like public hearings last week in which commissioners repeatedly lashed out at the chief over a series of controversial moves and blunders.

Through spokeswoman Stephanie Severino, Noriega's communication director, the manager said the situation between Acevedo and elected leaders had become "untenable."

"Today I suspended Police Chief Art Acevedo with the intent to terminate his employment," Noriega said in a statement. "Relationships between employers and employees come down to fit and leadership style and unfortunately, Chief Acevedo is not the right fit for this organization."

Moments before Noriega released his statement, Acevedo sent one to the city's 1,300 sworn officers saying "It's been a privilege serving and fighting for you."

Under city rules Acevedo can accept the termination or choose to have a hearing before the city's five commissioners, three of whom have quarreled with him the past several weeks.
Ag_07
AG
So I've read some of this stuff and haven't seen what exactly did he do that pissed everyone off?
Tone2002
Interesting considering he was Latino and running a smaller department.
BohunkAg
AG
Ag_07 said:

So I've read some of this stuff and haven't seen what exactly did he do that pissed everyone off?

Apparently he wore a tight jumpsuit.

" City Manager Art Noriega moved to fire embattled Police Chief Art Acevedo Monday night, ending weeks of speculation and tumult at City Hall and after a pair of circus-like public hearings in which commissioners lashed out at the chief for everything from a misguided statement he made about the "Cuban Mafia," to the tight jumpsuit he wore during a fundraiser in another city."
BohunkAg
AG
Miami sounds fun.

BohunkAg
AG
Said bulge. Bahahahahaha

AGHouston11
AG
If Art was white would he have been hired in Houston or Miami? Racism is alive and well.
Petrino1
BohunkAg said:

Ag_07 said:

" City Manager Art Noriega moved to fire embattled Police Chief Art Acevedo Monday night, ending weeks of speculation and tumult at City Hall and after a pair of circus-like public hearings in which commissioners lashed out at the chief for everything from a misguided statement he made about the "Cuban Mafia," to the tight jumpsuit he wore during a fundraiser in another city."
He also fired two tenured Miami police officers, and demoted a black female police officer. Seems weird because none of these seem like fireable offenses. He must be really hated there.

He learned the hard way, that just because you are latino, doesn't mean you're the "right kind" of Latino.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
BohunkAg said:

Said bulge. Bahahahahaha

Whoa…. Can we get him back? /S. Turner
DustysLineup
AG
Well, it was rumored that he liked to show it off back in his California Highway Patrol days.
Furlock Bones
AG
you absolutely love to see it. **** that ******bag.
AustinCountyAg
Art will be in San Francisco, or some California town soo enough.
Diggity
AG
ea1060 said:

BohunkAg said:

Ag_07 said:

He also fired two tenured Miami police officers, and demoted a black female police officer. Seems weird because none of these seem like fireable offenses. He must be really hated there.

He learned the hard way, that just because you are latino, doesn't mean you're the "right kind" of Latino.
I figured a Cuban would be the "right kind" of Latino in Miami, but maybe I'm misguided.
Build It
AG
No knock raids continued in Miami?
Petrino1
Diggity said:

ea1060 said:

BohunkAg said:

Ag_07 said:

I figured a Cuban would be the "right kind" of Latino in Miami, but maybe I'm misguided.
He is a Cuban from California, completely different from the Miami Cubans. Im a Puerto Rican from Texas, and the New York Puerto Ricans would never accept me as one of them.
Diggity
AG
the geography aspect makes more sense...although presumably they knew where this guy was from when they hired him.
GEA89
AG
I am actually surprised it took this long, the guy is a fraud
htownag10
AG
They need to take the fire chief as well
Charlie Murphy
Sounds like he has been officially let go.
agnerd
AG
Looks like Chief art has found an employer that will allow and encourage him to do what he does best:

https://www.chron.com/politics/article/Art-Acevedo-CNN-analyst-Miami-Houston-police-16703588.php
File5
AG
agnerd said:

Looks like Chief art has found an employer that will allow and encourage him to do what he does best:

https://www.chron.com/politics/article/Art-Acevedo-CNN-analyst-Miami-Houston-police-16703588.php

He's the Michael Jordan of Law Enforcement commentary!!!
htownag10
AG
It's perfect for him. Doesn't know anything about law but he'll get his look at me tv time
maroon barchetta
Art is not going quietly.

https://abc13.com/chief-art-acevedo-miami-police-department-abuse-of-power-cuban-mafia/11488913/
htxag09
AG
He already get fired from his new cnn gig so needs some cash?!?!
CheeseSndwch
Quote:

AUSTIN (KXAN) Former police chief Art Acevedo is returning to Austin to work for the City in a new role overseeing and advising the police department, multiple sources confirmed to KXAN Friday.

The City said it plans to hire Acevedo for the role of interim city manager over APD.

Link: To Full Story

Time for Austin to learn what Houston and Miami already learned the hard way.
maroon barchetta
Umm they should know. He was the chief there before he went to Houston.
Build It
AG
No knock raids and bad cover up operations on the way. Still can't believe he's not in prison.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.