Houston
Sponsored by

When is it enough?

7,056 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ciboag96
Ciboag96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Guy broke into my business and was caught by police last week. He was let out the SAME ****ING DAY even thought I pressed charges for burglary and tresspass.

THE MOTHER ****ER WAS JUST CAUGHT ON CAMERA BREAKING INTO MY OFFICE AGAIN. Not 4 days after he was caught and let go.

Hey HPD, Hey Turner, Hey all you worthless *******s! GO **** YOURSELF!!!!
Aggiemike96
AG
When is what enough? Sounds like the perp doesn't have enough of your stuff yet.
evestor1
You suck at being a Houstonian. Man up !

Mr. Lahey
AG
sounds like you need to set up an ambush
Irish 2.0
Get his personal information from the arrest report and call the HPD telling them that you're armed and going to make a citizen's arrest and reclaim your property. They'll go pick him up again
Ciboag96
Just got word that the judge has dropped all charges against the guy who broke into my business. I'm pressing charges now on the second break in.

WHAT THE EVER LIVING ****. WHERE DOES THIS MOTHER ****ER GET OFF DROPPING THE ****IG CHARGES I ****ING FILED?????
I Am A Critic
It usually occurs when the judge believes that there is no likelihood of a conviction. What'd the DA's office say when you asked them?
Username checks out.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
To answer the OP: when a .223 answers the door.

ETA- I don't know if I blame HPD at this point. You do your job only to have the judicial side undermine you at every turn. It would be pretty demoralizing.
Ciboag96
Yeah I see your point. Their morale is snake's ass low.
Sea Speed
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Just got word that the judge has dropped all charges against the guy who broke into my business. I'm pressing charges now on the second break in.

WHAT THE EVER LIVING ****. WHERE DOES THIS MOTHER ****ER GET OFF DROPPING THE ****IG CHARGES I ****ING FILED?????

I honestly don't understand how this happens. Was he caught in the act? With your stuff? This makes zero sense. Who was the judge, do you know?

I know someone said it is because they think the conviction rate is low, but jfc.

OP what type of business is it?
BowSowy
AG
Sounds like the blame lies with Ogg and the DA office, not with HPD or Turner. Ogg is the worst
Serious Lee
kim ogg is doing exactly what she was bought in to do. covid, the border situation, afghanistan..."new world order"
schmellba99
AG
The worst part is that if you defended your property - odds are you'd be behind bars, and wouldn't be released on any sort of bond.

We live in a gotdamned clown world. At some point the people are just going to revert to vigilante justice, and my bet is that a whole lot of LEO's would turn a blind eye to it because at least it is some form of justice. We the people don't get that with the current regime to any degree at all.
Build It
AG
Which judge?
txags92
AG
Quote:

SUBCHAPTER D. PROTECTION OF PROPERTY

Sec. 9.41. PROTECTION OF ONE'S OWN PROPERTY. (a) A person in lawful possession of land or tangible, movable property is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the other's trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property.
(b) A person unlawfully dispossessed of land or tangible, movable property by another is justified in using force against the other when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to reenter the land or recover the property if the actor uses the force immediately or in fresh pursuit after the dispossession and:
(1) the actor reasonably believes the other had no claim of right when he dispossessed the actor; or
(2) the other accomplished the dispossession by using force, threat, or fraud against the actor.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and
(3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or
(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

The judges and police in Houston and Harris County are setting up all of the conditions to meet 9.42(3)(A) by refusing to investigate property crimes and refusing to prosecute criminals who are arrested and charged with theft of property. When people stop calling police and just start shooting people who are stealing stuff, hopefully the public will recognize the role of the courts and the police leadership in creating the conditions where people don't feel like there is any other way to protect their property than to use deadly force. When teenagers stealing crap start getting shot, these juries better remember who made it clear to the property owners that there would be no justice for anybody caught stealing stuff.
Serotonin
AG
schmellba99 said:

The worst part is that if you defended your property - odds are you'd be behind bars, and wouldn't be released on any sort of bond.

We live in a gotdamned clown world. At some point the people are just going to revert to vigilante justice, and my bet is that a whole lot of LEO's would turn a blind eye to it because at least it is some form of justice. We the people don't get that with the current regime to any degree at all.

When you shoot the guy tell the police and the judge that you were breaking into his business. You'll be released within hours.

In all seriousness, I'm sorry, that sucks. Shouldn't happen in a civilized society.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Mr. Lahey said:

sounds like you need to set up an ambush
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
BowSowy said:

Sounds like the blame lies with Ogg and the DA office, not with HPD or Turner. Ogg is the worst
Ogg is not the judge.
Irish 2.0
Drop guns are a thing. Just saying
Chef Elko
AG
sts7049
AG
post the name of the perp. let texags get to work
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Your mistake was operating in Harris County.
TulaneAg
You need to buy a billboard close to the courthouse and plaster the judges address on it... House needs to be cleared asap! Come and get it!
RK
AG
Hey Pelosi, minorities can use the internet.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Ciboag96 said:

Guy broke into my business and was caught by police last week. He was let out the SAME ****ING DAY even thought I pressed charges for burglary and tresspass.

THE MOTHER ****ER WAS JUST CAUGHT ON CAMERA BREAKING INTO MY OFFICE AGAIN. Not 4 days after he was caught and let go.

Hey HPD, Hey Turner, Hey all you worthless *******s! GO **** YOURSELF!!!!
White liberals are the absolute worst. This is on them.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Irish 2.0 said:

Drop guns are a thing. Just saying
Is this similar to a thow-away gat?
SockDePot
We had a guy on camera breaking in multiple times, cops caught in act multiple times.

They told us they would take him in, but he'll be out in a couple of days and be back, nothing they could do.

Maybe call one of the local news stations? Oddly, They've been loving running stories about the low bonds and criminals out recommitting crimes.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
What is the value of what he stole?
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
mm98
AG
It's almost like the leftist judges want gun owners to use their weapons so the gun control narrative can be pushed further.
Ciboag96
Guy smashed a window in my business again. Did not enter. Cops called and got the video. No arrest warrant. DA disinterested. Cost me money to repair and no relief.
Sea Speed
AG
Same guy?!?!?!
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Have you reached out to any news station to run a story? Hell...do any of them even care?

That really sucks, man. I can't imagine how frustrating that must be.
Ciboag96
Sea Speed said:

Same guy?!?!?!
. Yep.
Sea Speed
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Sea Speed said:

Same guy?!?!?!
. Yep.

Dude. Did you bang his wife? Holy Jesus. And the cops won't do something even though you have video of him doing this THREE TIMES?!?!?! My god man, I really hope this gets squared away. Id be absolutely furious.
Ciboag96
Sea Speed said:

Ciboag96 said:

Sea Speed said:

Same guy?!?!?!
. Yep.

Dude. Did you bang his wife? Holy Jesus. And the cops won't do something even though you have video of him doing this THREE TIMES?!?!?! My god man, I really hope this gets squared away. Id be absolutely furious.

Cop said he's mentally ill and has a history of arrests and mental illness. I guess they don't think he should be in jail because he's *****zo but there is no other recourse besides jail. It's just messed up. I'm now hoping he just wanders the **** off and started ****ing with someone else's livelihood.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.