Houston
Sponsored by

Another Houston Institution sold out

8,165 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Bakery Donuts on 11th and Shepherd

Those are just like my Czech grandma used to make.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Quote:

the consistent lines spilling onto Ella in the afternoon was a good reminder as to why Houston is so ****ing fat.
Hoedup. There are Shipley's all over town, but that's the only one people always talk about having a line. What's so special about the Ella location?

Is it just one of those Northside things where like 3 generations of the family grew up in the same house, went to Waltrip, and were raised to eat Shipleys for breakfast and Barbecue Inn for dinner?
The Wonderer
AG
Harry Lime said:

Quote:

the consistent lines spilling onto Ella in the afternoon was a good reminder as to why Houston is so ****ing fat.
Hoedup. There are Shipley's all over town, but that's the only one people always talk about having a line. What's so special about the Ella location?

Is it just one of those Northside things where like 3 generations of the family grew up in the same house, went to Waltrip, and were raised to eat Shipleys for breakfast and Barbecue Inn for dinner?
The drive-thru lane is about 31 feet long and they leave their Hot-N-Fresh sign lit 24/7.
AgLA06
AG
Food is better than most like North Main.
Pricing is better than most
Large quantities sold equals constantly fresh food
Mike gives back A LOT to the community.
HtownAg92
AG
Harry Lime said:

Quote:

The line is due to the Ships being old AF, slow AF and the drive through being just long enough for 2.5 cars with the extra back half of the 3rd out on Ella.

It's old school and brings back the memories, but be prepared to wait a long time to indulge your nostalgia. Kind of like stopping at a small town Dairy Queen on a road trip.
NoahAg
Smells fat in here.
Redstone
AG
This is old news - was first detailed about 6 months ago.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Redstone said:

This is old news - was first detailed about 6 months ago.
This is old news - was first detailed yesterday at 5:39pm.
Redstone
AG
Also, the food is awful. If you are doing to support corporate breakfast-based items, please go to Dunkin'
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
**** dunkin
Irish 2.0
Redstone said:

Also, the food is awful. If you are doing to support corporate breakfast-based items, please go to Dunkin'

I like you more on F16 than tine board
Sea Speed
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Redstone said:

I like you more on F16 than tine board

Has he ever posted on tine board?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
He nuked the watch thread some time back.
Redstone
AG
I've ventured to and fro.

The situation, in detail:

- Politics: warned - multiple times - not to discuss a certain very powerful country very close to my ancestral home of Aleppo, Syria. Sad, because I'm quite informed about their activities.
I was also a major contributor to their dearly departed Q thread, and called my shot in 2018, which was IMO fully vindicated by the HBO doc. I remain upset it was nuked.
- Religion: no real issues. Props to their mod.
- Food and Spirits: Mods DO NOT appreciate my opinions.
- East Texas: no real issues. Props to their mod.
- Metroplex: minor issues, quickly resolved.
- Houston: I was a top contributor to the high end watch thread, and yet was warned off. I've complied, although I've since bought some excellent Bulova pieces that were not analyzed there, as they should have been.
- Aggies Only: I've done very well there, and yet the board has nearly expired. Sad.
Aggieland: I abandoned it.
- General: I was a major contributor when the board was actually good, meaning before 2010.
- Rivalries: Major contributor to the 2 jorts analysis threads, yet not much else. I didn't even try to hang with the in-crowd when it was good, meaning before 2015.
Outdoors: minor contributions, and generally intimidated by the high level of knowledge there.

My only perma, nearly 2 years ago, was reversed in less than 24 hours. The mod made an error; the situation was quickly corrected.

edit
Original sign-up: Blocker computer lab, Spring 1999
Sea Speed
AG
East Texas
Onceaggie2.0
Redstone said:

- Politics: warned - multiple times - not to discuss a certain very powerful country very close to my ancestral home of Aleppo, Syria. Sad, because I'm quite informed about their activities.
I was also a major contributor to their dearly departed Q thread, and called my shot in 2018, which was IMO fully vindicated by the HBO doc. I remain upset it was nuked.
- Houston: I was a top contributor to the high end watch thread, and yet was warned off. I've complied, although I've since bought some excellent Bulova pieces that were not analyzed there, as they should have been.
- Aggies Only: I've done very well there, and yet the board has nearly expired. Sad.
- General: I was a major contributor when the board was actually good, meaning before 2010.
- Rivalries: Major contributor to the 2 jorts analysis threads, yet not much else. I didn't even try to hang with the in-crowd when it was good, meaning before 2015.
Outdoors: minor contributions, and generally intimidated by the high level of knowledge there.

My only perma, nearly 2 years ago, was reversed in less than 24 hours. The mod made an error; the situation was quickly corrected.

edit
now what about your Shanked Punt handle? Masterful troll btw
Redstone
AG
1 account
0 socks
Many temporary bans

I give permission for Staff to verify the above facts, and those general facts only, with any other poster.
AndesAg92
AG
Onceaggie2.0 said:

Redstone said:

edit

Redstone is a very aliens dude too. Idk wtf is going on but he does this "look at the magnificent things I have done on TA" thing everywhere I've seen him.

But some how. Some way. Decade after decade we have got to witness some hard hitting red stone analysis. We are not worthy
Jdrexgman
AG
AndesAg92 said:

Onceaggie2.0 said:

Redstone said:

edit

Redstone is a very aliens dude too. Idk wtf is going on but he does this "look at the magnificent things I have done on TA" thing everywhere I've seen him.

But some how. Some way. Decade after decade we have got to witness some hard hitting red stone analysis. We are not worthy

Seriously how/why does this end up on a DoNut thread? What is going on here? lol
Texaggie7nine
Didn't you read the man?? His Bulova pieces weren't analyzed as they should have been!!!
7nine
Jackal99
AG
Harry Lime said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Queen Donut. "Yes boss. Thank you boss."
Wamitup? Yuwan WAMITUP?!?
That's the Best.
inconvenient truth
TheFunnierPhideaux said:

holy hell. you're right. It was on my news ticket like it was new today. Well that's lame.

Whomp whomp

If only a concerned citizen would've interceded and convinced the owners not to sell this could have all been avoided. Where is the hero we need in a situation like this to save another chain restaurant from themselves?
AndesAg92
AG
inconvenient truth said:

TheFunnierPhideaux said:

holy hell. you're right. It was on my news ticket like it was new today. Well that's lame.

Whomp whomp

If only a concerned citizen would've interceded and convinced the owners not to sell this could have all been avoided. Where is the hero we need in a situation like this to save another chain restaurant from themselves?

I would have taken the cash
BohunkAg
AG
Redstone said:

edit
gd that's comprehensive.
DiskoTroop
inconvenient truth said:

TheFunnierPhideaux said:

Whomp whomp

Gimme a dang minute...
agz win
AG
MAS444 said:

The North Main location's kolaches were different and better than the others too.

And the klobesneks with boudin, jalapeño and cheese is delicious. They use a different dough than their other locations- much better.
htxag09
AG
What the **** is going on in here
Jock 07
AG
agz win said:

MAS444 said:

The North Main location's kolaches were different and better than the others too.

And the klobesneks with boudin, jalapeño and cheese is delicious. They use a different dough than their other locations- much better.

You misspelled kolaches
BCG Disciple
AG
I'm a chocolate covered with sprinkles kind of guy. Shipley's is high end for them. There is a location in Lufkin that deliciously glazes them - a nice change of pace when driving through.

Chocolate filling kills.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Some lady from Nacogdoches owns all those franchises. Runs a tight ship.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
redstone is a mf genius.
CW Griswold
BohunkAg said:

Redstone said:

gd that's comprehensive.

Not quite comprehensive enough. He left out Entertainment.
TXAG 05
AG
Dunkin Donuts is opening a store practically across the street front the Ella Shipley store. Bold move.
Diggity
AG
isn't Dunkin more of a coffee chain these days?
The Wonderer
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Dunkin Donuts is opening a store practically across the street front the Ella Shipley store. Bold move.
Where?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.