Houston
Sponsored by

"East River"

11,740 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by GoAgs92
Cole Trickle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did y'all know we have a river downtown now? I'm sure this thing will have zero flood issues:

https://www.papercitymag.com/real-estate/east-river-houston-development-midway-mega-project-waterfront-restaurants/
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Great ideas. Stupid name.
schmendeler
AG
i want to see a map of where this will actually be.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Should name it Thunder River. RIp Astroworld.
one MEEN Ag
AG
Cole Trickle said:

Did y'all know we have a river downtown now? I'm sure this thing will have zero flood issues:

https://www.papercitymag.com/real-estate/east-river-houston-development-midway-mega-project-waterfront-restaurants/

Let me guess. This is the Clinton dr project that can't ever get off the ground. It's also on a superfund site. Love Canal 2.0.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Our very own SoDoSoPa. Amazing.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

Cole Trickle said:

Let me guess. This is the Clinton dr project that can't ever get off the ground. It's also on a superfund site. Love Canal 2.0.

More like SuperFun site
Diggity
AG
That area actually doesn't flood for the most part. Bayou is deep and wide over there.
schmendeler
AG
Diggity said:

That area actually doesn't flood for the most part yet. Bayou is deep and wide over there.
FIFY
Diggity
AG
I think you're referring to the Frank Liu project down the road. The KBR land wasn't a Super Fund site.
one MEEN Ag
AG
Diggity said:

I think you're referring to the Frank Liu project down the road. The KBR land wasn't a Super Fund site.

Thanks for the correction. Please modify my original statement to 'Superfund site views.'
Diggity
AG
Someone has to fact check you numskulls
JJxvi
AG
schmendeler said:

i want to see a map of where this will actually be.
East River is most of the area bounded by Jensen, Clinton, Hirsch, and Buffalo Bayou. What you see on the renderings at the link in the OP is the first phase adjacent to Jensen.
chico
AG
I've biked that stretch for years. It's a unique location that might be tremendous if developed correctly. The bayou is wide and smooth. Sunset views of downtown. Slightly rolling terrain, perhaps only noticeable on a bike.
Post removed:
by user
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I drive by it all the time. They actually did a solid job of cleaning out the bayou right through there. No telling what they dredged up.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
chico said:

I've biked that stretch for years. It's a unique location that might be tremendous if developed correctly. The bayou is wide and smooth. Sunset views of downtown. Slightly rolling terrain, perhaps only noticeable on a bike.
just like the hills on Allen Parkway
Diggity
AG
probably similar to poor Kramer

rhoswen
AG
I literally thought this thread was gonna be about the San Jacinto River.
chico
AG
jayelbee said:

Rolling terrain? Does that mean it's close to the Exxon gypsum stacks?

Edit: I mean Alps of Pasadena...

http://offcite.org/the-alps-of-pasadena/

That is too cool. Thanks for posting. I knew about Santa Anna capture site near there, but this is altogether different
TxAg82
AG
Diggity said:

Frank took me on a tour of his superfund site once.
chico
AG
Also just east of Hirsch and on either side of Clinton are 2 pseudo interesting things. A cluster of extremely isolated houses called Japhet Creek and a graffiti street art silo structure they rent out for videos.
W
AG
um, are these developers expecting some gentrification of the fifth ward?

that area is rough with a capital R.

someday it might keep rioters out of downtown I guess
chico
AG
That area just north of Clinton and east of Jensen is full of 20-something professionals. Lots of new townhouses
agnerd
AG
Gonna be funny when New Yorkers believe the marketing that its just like the Manhattan East River and pay NYC prices for condos that flood.
TxAg82
AG
agnerd said:

Gonna be funny when New Yorkers believe the marketing that its just like the Manhattan East River and pay NYC prices for condos that flood.

We have been tricking Yankees with false advertising since 1836.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/amp/See-how-Houston-was-marketed-way-back-in-1836-13188532.php

"There is no place in Texas more healthy, having an abundance of excellent spring water, and enjoying the sea breeze in all its freshness," the ad's copy declares.

Ahhhh yes. I certainly remember that nice sea breeze keeping me fresh in August.... NOT.
Mas89
AG
chico said:

That area just north of Clinton and east of Jensen is full of 20-something professionals. Lots of new townhouses
Do they hear gunshots often?
Mas89
AG
Diggity said:

That area actually doesn't flood for the most part. Bayou is deep and wide over there.
But how does the bayou look going downstream from there? That's the important part.
Diggity
AG
Majestic
Mas89
AG
Only to a realtor.
Diggity
AG
I have a soft spot for this area. 5 minutes from downtown, great views, easy access to the freeways, and Navigation is becoming a nice restaurant destination.

chico
AG
Your first picture is not the property, at least I don't think so?

On the second picture the property is on the top/north side of the bayou just to the right of the street, Jensen.
Mas89
AG
But doesn't the huge homeless camp dump their latrine buckets a little upstream from this area?
Diggity
AG
Just showing the area on the other side of the bayou. Don't have any drones going over the KBR land.
chico
AG
As an aside, those silos on the south side- quite a few years ago I was talking to the owner of Louis Mueller bbq in Taylor. He wanted to open a Houston branch and was considering the property right by those silos but I guess it never happened. Kind of a shame as it's a good location that someone could do something creative with there
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.