Houston
Sponsored by

Montrose @ Westheimer Shopping Center Sold

2,566 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Martin Q. Blank
ballchain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Diggity
AG
word is Skanska paid less for the property than PMRG did. Not sure if that's true.

They could end up sitting on the land for a while just like PMRG did. Not sure what the lease situation is now.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Whatever the case, I sure feel bad for the pedestrian population that works the area between the bus shelters.

In all curiosity, I wonder what type of financing the rent rolls currently in place support.
Diggity
AG
I'm pretty sure Skanska self funds this type of deal.
Martin Q. Blank
Half Price just pulled out of Rice Village too.
chico
AG
blindey said:

Whatever the case, I sure feel bad for the pedestrian population that works the area between the bus shelters..

Better today than in the mid 80's. Really funky back then
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Between Amazon, Kindle, social media, and everyone having a tv/music player in their pocket, I've got to think the used book business has seen better days.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Yeah, but they didn't have a choice in either location. Landlords wanted other things.
kansas02gt
AG
good thing Kaboom is still around; for now...
The Milkman
AG
That strip center was always a disaster. Whatever next development they put in will be an improvement
Satellite of Love
The Milkman said:

That strip center was always a disaster. Whatever next development they put in will be an improvement
With the sheet show that is that intersection? Traffic blows there already, it will just get worse.
Flashdiaz
AG
Still recall a coworker going to that schlotzkey's at lunch in the middle of the day and getting approached by a prostitute: "do you want to have a good time"
Coworker: "no thanks I just want a sandwich"
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Careful when ordering "lunch" in that area, might get more than bargained for
W
AG
investing in commercial real estate & development right now inside the loop or even inside beltway 8...

with the COVID, rioting, economy, working-from-home, oil downturn, and so forth...is a risky venture.

you better have gotten a great deal on the land.

it won't be easy finding quality tenants that can meet your desired $ per sqft requirement
HerschelwoodHardhead
AG
Lol, don't think there's been any "rioting" in Houston, especially in a gentrified neighborhood like Montrose. I trust that the people doing Skanska real estate know what they are doing when it comes to selecting properties.

COVID will certainly be a blip in the real estate market, but in the long run I don't think it'll affect the trend of America's march towards urbanization.
Martin Q. Blank
Flashdiaz said:

Still recall a coworker going to that schlotzkey's at lunch in the middle of the day and getting approached by a prostitute: "do you want to have a good time"
Coworker: "no thanks I just want a sandwich"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.