Houston
Sponsored by

They wont let me see my baby in the hospital... HELP!

5,432 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TxAgPreacher
TxAgPreacher
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I'd rather they just change the policy. It doesn't make sense that I could switch out, but not be in there at the same time as my wife.

I know lots of people who had loved ones die, and they couldn't go see them. Time to base the policy on the facts and not fear.
Aggie Rick
AG
Rule #1
@Aggie_Rick
BohunkAg
AG
Sidebar here....this is one of the big problems with the corporatization of the healthcare system. Policy is made system wide with no wiggle room at the local level. Thus, people like the OP get screwed over. It's that way in any business, but it makes it especially sh-tty in healthcare because all the dude was trying to do was care for his wife and son the best he could. As a father, it's a very hard deal emotionally. And brother, I'm sorry if I pissed you off back there. It was not my intent. I am truly, prayerfully happy for you that you had a good outcome....father to father.
TxAgPreacher
S
No hard feelings. I have my opinions, you have yours. Yours were just given at a bad time.
Silky Johnston
What would be worse? Not allowing a second person into the hospital. Or, relaxing the policy because someone has a really good sob story and that person bringing in COVID and infecting staff that then infect patients and their one visitor? Not having the proper policy/procedure in place to protect vulnerable patients would land a hospital in a hell of a lot more hot water than having a policy restricting access.

It sucks, but policies are in place for a reason. If everyone got an exemption just because they threw a fit, there would be no point in having a policy.

The stuff that people threaten to get a lawyer involved in and sue over is pretty comical. I guess a lawyer doesn't really care as long as they can bill you for hours.
TxAgPreacher
S
Silky Johnston said:

What would be worse? Not allowing a second person into the hospital. Or, relaxing the policy because someone has a really good sob story and that person bringing in COVID and infecting staff that then infect patients and their one visitor? Not having the proper policy/procedure in place to protect vulnerable patients would land a hospital in a hell of a lot more hot water than having a policy restricting access.

It sucks, but policies are in place for a reason. If everyone got an exemption just because they threw a fit, there would be no point in having a policy.

The stuff that people threaten to get a lawyer involved in and sue over is pretty comical. I guess a lawyer doesn't really care as long as they can bill you for hours.

There were other things done that were not right, that I would have caught if I was in the room. I don't want to get into it. It's over, and the policy is still logically inconsistent.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.