Houston
Sponsored by

Grandy's

4,575 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
ElCheAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I somewhat recall Grandy's. More so their bread rolls.
Aggie Rick
AG
Was it a Grandy's near the intersection of Champion Forest and 1960 that had a really tall (at least from my childhood recollection), spiraling slide at the outdoor playground?

@Aggie_Rick
aTm2004
AG
Ag06Law said:

I think I would have to treat this like Furr's. After baseball games in high school, I would crush Furr's. Won't go back there today, don't want to screw up the nostalgia.
For me, it's Pancho's, but it's not nostalgia I don't want to screw up.
HtownAg92
AG
aTm2004 said:

Ag06Law said:

I think I would have to treat this like Furr's. After baseball games in high school, I would crush Furr's. Won't go back there today, don't want to screw up the nostalgia.
Take the hit. We used to hit up a Pancho's for lunch once per year. Not as glorious as memory serves, but not horrible either. They upgraded with a salsa bar with guac, and they still have the sopapillas.

It's good for an annual cleanse of the digestive system, because it will happen.
aTm2004
AG
Are the cheese enchiladas still highlighter yellow? There's still one in Humble that has a few cars in it, but I just can't bring myself to stop there.
HtownAg92
AG
aTm2004 said:

Are the cheese enchiladas still highlighter yellow? There's still one in Humble that has a few cars in it, but I just can't bring myself to stop there.
Of course. Weird that they do "cheese on cheese" enchiladas instead of gravy. This isn't my pic, but representative:

94chem
aTm2004 said:

Ag06Law said:

Furr's was actually good. It was Luby's quality. Their millionaire pie and coconut cream pie was awesome. I would eat that chopped steak with A-1 until beef futures went up.

Pancho's? Pure nostalgia. The Golden Corral of Mexican food. Sopapillas were spot on, however. Which is odd...because as much as I like TexMex and Mexican food, the Mexican has never quite delivered in the dessert category. Pralines...and pralines...I'm out.

Do read up on the ghost lore near Humble Pancho's, though.
Smokedraw01
aTm2004 said:

Ag06Law said:

I loved Pancho's as a kid but there is no way my system could handle it now.
75AG
AG
Bring me more. Of everything!

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Ok, I googled it. Here is what I found:

First of all, I just wanted to fill you guys in on a place I went to. I'm not asking for opinions nor am I trying to prove anything...this is just what I know happend. If you want to jump into the topic..Here's the link about the area : but read below to find exactly where story is located.

Scroll past all the cities til you see Houston, after that, scroll a few lines past that and the city is called Humble, Texas : 1960 Overpass...you will realized the next few stories following it are different buildings, but at the same location.

http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/texas.htm

Ok, after I left work (where I mostly post from) I went home to gather a few things to go on an investigation. I don't have much equipment exept the general requirements such as Digital Camera, Digital Voice Recorder, and LED Flashlite with Red lense (which I preferred just brite light because I was spooked out.) I figured white light is purest for this occassion because Red look too eeirefor my current mood. HAha What a wus I am. The other members I usually asked to go with me were tied up do to family and wife reasons. (wife did not let him go play)

Anyways, I drove around 45 minutes to a supposedly extremely haunted place. This area is outside Houston, Texas. From what I have heard, everything around the area is active. All the buildings are said to be closed down due to this activity. So, as I drove there, I exited the off ramp and it does a u-turn underneath where there are railroad tracks. So when I spotted the Tracks, I looked around and i drove dead smack into it and didn't even realize this. The freakiest thing I saw was a church, because it has been abondoned from what I saw because the chains on the front door and from what i have read about it. They did not mentioned that there would be a giant white cross in front of the church doors. It looked more like it was there to deter evil spirits instead of a cross that symbolizes a church. Also, the Movie theater, miniture golf and wharhouse are all shut down due to enexplained events. Now to see a church scared enough to shut down is spooky.

Interesting part is, I had a sense of chest pains, like a stress or anxiety attack. Might be a vibe frim all the negative energy, might not. Who knows. N-E ways, it was a overwhelming feeling, you know that feeling when your nervous, and as much as i tried to hold my composure, evry hair on my body stood straight up. The area was built over a confederate cemetery and some of the bodies were unearth during the cinstuction prcess and no took the extra effert in cautiosly and consideratly bury the bodies back carefully. instead, they wrecklessly relocated in to the woods surrounding area. It is said that walking Corpses can be seen walikng around. I tried to snap some photo of the area for you guys, but my batteries in my Digital Camera went dead. This is strange because I spent all day charging them. Everyone knows if you use regular batteris in a digital does not last long, so i am always prepared. I use High Powered Energizer Rechargable Nickel-metal Hydride. Those give me at least 70 pictures on my memory card or about 8 three minute video clips. anyways, i powered the camera on, and it died. Tried it again, battery died, so I switched batteries to the other ones i charged also just hours earlier. They died also. Maybe this is dure to some Electro manetic field. i would not know what else to explain...don't say I didn't charge them correctly, because I have the Indicater light that tells me they're charged. That's not the case because I'm home now, and checking to see if moisture or humidty made it doe this....it turns on...no problem now. Batteries are find.........

I will try to go back, but I'm taking a few friends...anyone else from Houston Area interested in going next time I go....regardless I'll post update.

Here's the link about the area : but read below to find exactly where story is located.

Scroll past all the cities til you see Houston, after that, scroll e few lines past that and the city is called Humble, Texas : 1960 Overpass...you will realized the next few stories following it are different builings, but at the same location.

http://www.theshadowlands.net/places/texas.htm

ActuallyI'll just copy and paste the info, but the link is to at least varify it does exist since I failed to provide photos, Which I will try to do again...

Humble - 1960 Over Pass Area/Train Track - The East 1960 overpass is now built over what was once a cemetery. The overpass was built to cross a set of train tracks. Workers dug up the cemetery and moved it to the woods beside it. Now It is a extremely evil area. Several business?s along the tracks have reported violent disturbances. There was a Putt Putt course along the tracks in the area that became a church, when the church would be closed in the night demonic screams could be heard from inside. The woods are very active as well, There are images seen floating through the woods as well as red lights, which are believed to be a gateway into pure evil.

Humble - Old Golf and Games - This area is now a church but was abandon for years only a haven to cults and ghosts. The ghosts here are the result of being disturbed by man moving their graves. About 97 percent of every sighting in this area the ghost appear as a rotting corpse. There?s a bench just outside the building where every night there a white figure that sits on the far side of the bench. The figure is that of a human. The corpse like ghosts can also be seen in the woods across from the building wandering through the turned over gravestones and fallen church. IF YOU ATEMPT TO GO TO THIS AREA PLEASE USE EXTREAME CAUTION, THERE HAVE BEEN MURDERS AND BODIES UNCOVERED IN THE WOODS.

Humble - Old Dollar Theater - This Theater is located along a area believed to be haunted by demons and demonic forces. It is part of the 1960 overpass haunting. The workers of the theater would be attacked by the evil entity. It would throw things at them and corner them with shadows. The theater was once blessed with holy water and a cross was put in the projection booth, but everyday the cross was moved from on booth to another unexplained. Some mornings the person who was opening would hear voices from the projection rooms, and footsteps outside the hall. There was one morning when the projectionist went in and found the word "SATIN" carved in the wall of projection booth 2, this booth was where most of the bang and violent attacks occurred.
redag06
Hasn't ever heard any of that, but I had read along the same railroad tracks north of 1960 there is an old slave cemetery or something of the sort. That is "haunted"
84AGEC
AG
Use to go to the one on Harvey road
Goodest Poster
AG
Grandys is where i learned to dip okra in cream gravy.

We used to get our rolls there for the holidays.

All u can eat breakfasts before high school were legit. RIP Grandys
Texaggie7nine
jftx04 said:

Grandys is where i learned to dip okra in cream gravy.

Black Eyed Pea was where I learned that
7nine
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.