Houston
Sponsored by

Josh Innes back on the Air

8,444 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BarryProfit
bluefire579
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

More local sports radio drama

https://awfulannouncing.com/local-networks/jayson-braddock-and-patrick-creighton-get-into-crazy-shouting-match-on-espn-houston-radio-that-leads-to-producer-cutting-audio.html
My buddy sent me that last night. Couldn't believe Innes wasn't involved.

But seriously, how ****ing childish, doubly so letting it happen on the air.
DustysLineup
AG
Any of yall ever thought about getting into sports radio?

I'm wondering what the entry bar is. It's hard to imagine many of these local guys sitting down for a meeting with advertisers and gaining sponsors with their winning personalities.
BarryProfit
As of Sep 9, 2020, the average annual pay for the Sports Talk Radio jobs category in the United States is $54,949 a year.

While ZipRecruiter is seeing annual salaries as high as $89,500 and as low as $18,000, the majority of salaries within the Sports Talk Radio jobs category currently range between $41,500 (25th percentile) to $59,500 (75th percentile) across the United States. The average pay range for a Sports Talk Radio job varies little (about $18,000), which suggests that regardless of location, there are not many opportunities for increased pay or advancement, even with several years of experience.
bluefire579
AG
Harry Lime said:

Any of yall ever thought about getting into sports radio?

I'm wondering what the entry bar is. It's hard to imagine many of these local guys sitting down for a meeting with advertisers and gaining sponsors with their winning personalities.
I have a friend who now has a show in Atlanta. He basically had to work his way up from doing all the reporter and sports flash work for one of the stations, to having a small show, to finally getting a regular show in a different city.

Of course, our sports radio scene doesn't lend itself much to advancement, considering they seem to prefer to snatch up whoever was most recently let go from the other stations when they need to fill a time slot.
Aggie Rick
AG
Gotta side with Braddock bc Creighton is a huge *****
@Aggie_Rick
SockDePot
I don't really research these guys outside just listening.

Today is how long it's been since I realized Braddock is a white.
DustysLineup
AG
I figured in today's climate you have to love it enough to basically volunteer unless/until you can bring in your own sponsors. But I don't know if other cities are as saturated with local sports talk as Houston is.
Aggie Rick
AG
Harry Lime said:

I figured in today's climate you have to love it enough to basically volunteer unless/until you can bring in your own sponsors. But I don't know if other cities are as saturated with bad local sports talk as Houston is.
Fixed it for you
@Aggie_Rick
Aggie Rick
AG
Adios Jayson Braddock

https://barrettsportsmedia.com/2021/01/11/jayson-braddock-no-longer-part-of-espn-97-5/

It was a battle between my heart and mind whether Jayson deserved his own thread.

@Aggie_Rick
TarponChaser
I'm just amazed that a potato can have an on-air job for 10 years here. Braddock is a moron who may have somehow gotten some contacts inside the Texans organization but his football knowledge was crap.
AustinCountyAg
for yearsssss I thought he was black. When I first saw that picture of him a couple years ago it all made sense.
TarponChaser
AustinCountyAg said:

for yearsssss I thought he was black. When I first saw that picture of him a couple years ago it all made sense.
#metoo
DustysLineup
AG
And yet he keeps ranting in that twitter thread that you have to be a white male to make it in Houston sports radio. Guy has serious mental issues.

Maybe he'll start another Go Fundme: https://www.gofundme.com/f/jayson-braddock-needs-your-help
BarryProfit
I've actually enjoyed Innes back on the air. He fits well on 97.5, having AJ as his PD is probably a good thing.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.