Houston
Sponsored by

Houston Restaurant Reopening News

19,137 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by CoachRTM
Liquid Wrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?
agdoc84 said:

Ciro's is open. Bunker Hill and I10.
Is Senior still around?
combat wombat™
AG
Went to a little Vietnamese place to pick up lunch. They had a sign indicating that 25% capacity for them was 19 people. They had all of the chairs put on top of the tables you could not use. All 19 available/usable seats were at 5 adjacent tables. I don't think they understand the point.
swimmerbabe11
anyone know of sushi doing dine in?
randy828
AG
I know this isn't Houston but.....We had to travel to College Station on Wednesday, got there early and went to Stella Southern Cafe for breakfast. Was open to dine in and it was fantastic. Biscuits and Pork Sausage were great. I had the SEC. Excellent breakfast. Looked like they are only open for breakfast and brunch.
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
texagbeliever
Went to Ninfas last night.
Chips and salsa... Awesome
Margarita... Awesome
Enchiladas... Awesome
MallalieuAg
AG
Went to Sylvia's and sat at the bar. Margaritas were good.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Went to Torchy's on 19th Thursday and they let us sit at the bar. Margaritas and Dos Equis were delicious. Was too drunk to tell you about the tacos.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

anyone know of sushi doing dine in?

you know I love me some neon-blue-ferris-wheel fingerbanging

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4c/9c/b5/4c9cb5bba7b92452f09267f839fc7406.gif

drumboy
AG
texagbeliever said:

Went to Ninfas last night.
Chips and salsa... Awesome
Margarita... Awesome
Enchiladas... Awesome
I'm looking forward to dining in TexMex and gorging on chips & salsa but I'll miss the $20 quarts (expecially 2x1 days) of margaritas.
MAROON
AG
wet to Quisie's last night. Sat on the patio - the weather and the food was perfect. Not sure I'll ever get accustomed to waiters wearing masks though.

Going to BCN tomorrow night - already dreaming about their Gin and Tonics.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
David_Puddy
AG
Does Ninfas have a full menu? I went to Rl T last week and their menu is 1 page. Can't ever go wrong with their filet fajitas but really would like a full menu next time I go
MAS444
AG
You finally get to go to a restaurant and eat something you like but you're upset that you don't have extra pages of choices to chose from?

What's open for lunch today? I'll take a one page menu if it's good, open and I can have some drinks.
IrishTxAggie
AG
David_Puddy said:

Does Ninfas have a full menu? I went to Rl T last week and their menu is 1 page. Can't ever go wrong with their filet fajitas but really would like a full menu next time I go
Limiting the menu during forced decreased occupancy is smart and the right thing to do. Reduced options limits exposure to spoilage and less of a chance that they will run out of stuff.
gif
IrishTxAggie said:

David_Puddy said:

Limiting the menu during forced decreased occupancy is smart and the right thing to do. Reduced options limits exposure to spoilage and less of a chance that they will run out of stuff.

It also reduces the time it takes to prep and finish each dish. With the, more than likely, limited staff available, restaurants need to ensure they can get food out of the kitchen as quickly as possible to not get in the weeds. Not sure why anyone would complain about a limited menu right now.
Ag_07
AG
Quote:

Not sure why anyone would complain about a limited menu right now.

Normal people don't but this is TexAgs
E
AG
The limited menus have been great. No more combing through 8 pages and 150 lines of food
David_Puddy
AG
Hey idiots, nobody is complaining.....I just asked a f'ing question. I said I'd like a full menus, but nowhere did I complain about it. Good God.

Plus with the increase to 50% occupancy starting Monday, assuming that is still in place, if I go next week I don't see why they wouldn't have the full menu.
gif
David_Puddy said:

Hey idiots, nobody is complaining.....I just asked a f'ing question. I said I'd like a full menus, but nowhere did I complain about it. Good God.

Plus with the increase to 50% occupancy starting Monday, assuming that is still in place, if I go next week I don't see why they wouldn't have the full menu.

David_Puddy
AG
Answered my own question. I went to ET for lunch & asked the waiter if I could order an off menu item & he said yes no problem
MAS444
AG
Well that is some great news! Thanks for sharing.
drumboy
AG
David_Puddy said:

Answered my own question. I went to ET for lunch & asked the waiter if I could order an off menu item & he said yes no problem
Vegas Plate, here I come....
gif
David_Puddy said:

David_Puddy
AG
drumboy said:

David_Puddy said:

Vegas Plate, here I come....

The Vegas lunch plate is the teets
cuz-i-can
AG
combat wombat said:

Went to a little Vietnamese place to pick up lunch. They had a sign indicating that 25% capacity for them was 19 people. They had all of the chairs put on top of the tables you could not use. All 19 available/usable seats were at 5 adjacent tables. I don't think they understand the point.

But was it good?
Panama Red
AG
cuz-i-can said:

combat wombat said:

But was it good?

How many pages did the menu have?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Montrose folks, Dolce Vita is closing down for good. Really bummed about it. One of our go-to spots for legit over 10 years.

https://www.chron.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/Dolce-Vita-Montrose-s-longtime-favorite-pizza-15270083.php
MAS444
AG
Damn that sucks.
TXAG 05
AG
I thought they announced it was closing a year or 2 ago?
Diggity
AG
I thought the same.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Vic & Anthony's is 100% open and effing delicious

had the A4 Wagyu last night

terradactylexpress
What kind of **** show is going on there? Precut steak and sauce?
RK
MavsAg
AG
Went to pick up some beer at Eureka last night, and Cedar Creek / Bungalow Heights were probably the most crowded I've ever seen them. People are desperate to get the F out of their house.

For the record, I am 100% on board with bars and restaurants opening. Just thought it was worth noting how many people were out last night.
ElCheAg
AG
Good to know. Was at The Boot for the flyover last Sunday. May have to hit up Bungalow this weekend.
LondonAg89
AG
Going to El Tiempo this evening

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.