Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,601,868 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Ciboag96
T Durden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Anyone notice all of these blue states lifting mask mandates but keeping it in schools for kids near zero risk. These people are evil.

I guess they are all afraid of the teachers union people. It doesn't make any sense.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Does anyone have any information on the following?

For those that weren't vaxxed and caught the bug (me), the big question has been the spike protein. Since it wasn't injected in, via natural infection did the spike manage to get into the blood stream or did it just stay 'on the surface tissue' of the lungs?

I've kind of been curious about this. I understand that by being injected it traveled throughout the body, but not sure if the same thing occurred via airborne infection.

I've been hearing that the risk for 'unknown' complications are equal between the two, but my natural reasoning tells me this isn't so.
XpressAg09
AG
I'm not a scientist, but I've caught it and not been vaccinated and didn't die and I'm literally not concerned about my future interactions with any COVID proteins, spiked or not.

Stay healthy(ish), don't drink too much(ish), exercise often enough(ish) and you'll be fine.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I'm not overly concerned, which is why I never got the jab.

I'm just curious how infection of thr virus spreads.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
No need for masks at campaign fundraisers:

TarponChaser
Harry Lime said:

What progress? Turning Houston and Harris County into some post-apocalyptic, Third World hellscape from a John Carpenter film?
FHKChE07
AG
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/02/11/pfizer-pulls-fda-request-for-covid-vaccine-for-kids-under-5/

Right after they applied for it, I was watching CNN and they had a doctor on that said that he had seen the early data and that a two-shot regimen didn't seem to work for the 2-5 year old age group and that he was hoping they had better data that they hadn't shared. Apparently not. Seems like the lower does for this group (1/10 of a normal dose wasn't enough for 2-5, but enough for 6 months to 2.

Seems like we have more to wait then...
Ag06Law
AG
FHKChE07 said:

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/02/11/pfizer-pulls-fda-request-for-covid-vaccine-for-kids-under-5/

Right after they applied for it, I was watching CNN and they had a doctor on that said that he had seen the early data and that a two-shot regimen didn't seem to work for the 2-5 year old age group and that he was hoping they had better data that they hadn't shared. Apparently not. Seems like the lower does for this group (1/10 of a normal dose wasn't enough for 2-5, but enough for 6 months to 2.

Seems like we have more to wait then...
So now they're saying they may need a three-shot regimen for this group? Anyone jabbing their 6 month old three times needs their head examined.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
TarponChaser said:

Harry Lime said:

What progress? Turning Houston and Harris County into some post-apocalyptic, Third World hellscape from a John Carpenter film?

That was my first thought as well. What the hell has she achieved? She was really good at wasting millions on a pop up hospital that was never used.
FHKChE07
AG
No, only the 2-5 year olds. There is a single dosage for the whole 6 month to 5 year old, but what I am concluding is that the dosage isn't enough for the 2-5 year olds which is why they are waiting for the 3 dose data set for those.

But yes, this is all genuinely astonishing... and not at all surprising. And has provided me more evidence not to vax my toddlers.
RenoAg
XpressAg09 said:

I'm not a scientist, but I've caught it and not been vaccinated and didn't die and I'm literally not concerned about my future interactions with any COVID proteins, spiked or not.

Stay healthy(ish), don't drink too much(ish), exercise often enough(ish) and you'll be fine.

You can take muh freedums but you'll never take muh burbin!
gougler08
AG
So Harris county missed the Democrat memo and we are still code red? What a farce
AlaskanAg99
AG
Expecting it to be changed in the next week or so I'd bet. Numbers continue to crash down.

Besides, it's completely meaningless. Not even the commissioners wear their masks at court now, except Lina.
CDUB98
AG
Only dumbasses still follow that *****
CDUB98
AG
By dumbasses, I mean those who live and die by it.
gougler08
AG
CDUB98 said:

By dumbasses, I mean those who live and die by it.

Oh no doubt, but it's been great as my employer won't make us go back while we are code red so I'm all here for it
cone
AG
for example HISD
CDUB98
AG
Me thinks you need a new employer.

So do I, but for different reasons.
rilloaggie
AG
https://imgur.com/g62h2Dd

Did I miss a new variant or something? Kroger by my house was wiped out of all kinds of stuff.
gougler08
AG
CDUB98 said:

Me thinks you need a new employer.

So do I, but for different reasons.

Nah, major O&G…we have to be "safe"!
PetroPhi
AG
Anyone else keeping their kids home for HISD mask mandate protest tomorrow?
cone
AG
**** no are you kidding
wessimo
AG
More like take a 4 day weekend protest
CDUB98
AG
Private school FTW.
Sea Speed
AG
Are people protesting the end if the mandate or protesting FOR the end of it? Can't tell with the folks in that ISD.
PetroPhi
AG
This is for the option to not have our kids wear masks. My kids teacher asked how many would not be going tomorrow so they could assign some work and according to my kid over half the class raised their hand.
98Ag99Grad
AG
California is transitioning to treating rona like an endemic virus. HTF are we behind them in doing that?
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

California is transitioning to treating rona like an endemic virus. HTF are we behind them in doing that?
The Houston area, especially some of the suburbs, wear masks at a greater rate than anywhere else in the country. It's bizarre. Anytime I've had someone visit from out of town, they can't believe how many masks they see. Similarly, any time I travel, I see few masks comparatively. The Houston area loves masks, especially down here on the southwest side.
T Durden
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

98Ag99Grad said:

The Houston area, especially some of the suburbs, wear masks at a greater rate than anywhere else in the country. It's bizarre. Anytime I've had someone visit from out of town, they can't believe how many masks they see. Similarly, any time I travel, I see few masks comparatively. The Houston area loves masks, especially down here on the southwest side.

This seems pretty incorrect. Other than maybe the Asian population where you live.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
T Durden said:

Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

98Ag99Grad said:

This seems pretty incorrect. Other than maybe the Asian population where you live.
I live in Sugar Land. They're just called "the population" here.

But seriously, I don't know if it's the international influence around the city, the giant Med Center leading to lots of "concerned health professionals," or something else, but I will stand by there being way more masks in the Houston area than nearly anywhere else in the US.
CW Griswold
Lots of people across the county are still wearing masks unfortunately. I was the only person not wearing one in a grocery store in North Carolina 2 weeks ago.

Obviously that wasn't an HEB
Sea Speed
AG
Bro, were the new chiraq of the south with the corresponding murder rate and liberal moonbats in charge to boot.
T Durden
AG
Yes in the city maybe, but I'm on the NW side and I just don't see it.
Ag06Law
AG
T Durden said:

Yes in the city maybe, but I'm on the NW side and I just don't see it.

Yep, God bless Cypress.
AgCPA95
AG
You rarely see masks anywhere in Katy now except for the aforementioned Asian population which honestly was much more prone to wearing masks for international travel. The exception being the employers still requiring them and now the "chinstrap" is almost back to fully acceptable in being "mask compliant"....such a joke.
First Page Last Page
Page 592 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.