Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,602,074 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Ciboag96
AlaskanAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This thing has broken some people without a doubt. Following data and trends and common logic simply is impossible for them at this point.

BohunkAg
AG
FHKChE07 said:

I think a good portion of the problem is that they have whipped up the fear level in so many people that going back to normal just isn't going to happen. They are too terrified. I know many people, who I would have considered rational, that I can't be friends with anymore because they are basically terrified of going outside!
We have some of those. It's like "use some damned common sense" or talk to someone that's worked close to covid for 2 years! Idiots.
CDUB98
AG
Latest Jackson Hole Covid fear:

On the little shuttle ride back to our condo, I coughed, literally, two coughs, from top of the mountain to bottom hard skiing and temperature change. Light coughs too. I know my body. Hard efforts in cold make me cough.

A, I assume Russian by the language, were sitting across from me wearing masks. The husband shook his head as if I was putting everyone in danger.

The craziness is so bad, you just can't make this **** up.
Stat Monitor Repairman
cone
AG
way too many people are broken

mental illness at scale
cone
AG

local ****** bag dancing on meat loaf's grave
Sea Speed
AG
Complete trash person. Mentally ill insane piece of human garbage.
Jackal99
AG
Gene Wu and his shrew wife need to **** right out of Houston. What a terrible, awful, no-good person he is.
Cynic
cone said:

Wow, just wow.

Al Bula
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

We've gone absolutely crazy with this testing.

People are obsessed with it.

It's some sort of mass psychosis. Like the Salem witch trials.

A solid chunk of people are hysterical over this.

I don't see how we stop this. Its gonna have to burn itself out.
yikes reading this corvids post from 1:36am and other early morning rants, I'd say you're also obsessed with what covidians do. Just live your life and tell the rest to f ck off.
Stat Monitor Repairman
We 585 pages in.

Its too late for that.

I'm a longhauler.
TXTransplant
Ducks4brkfast said:

looks like it's been tightened to no more than 24 hrs prior to boarding flight.

It's the day before. No matter what time your flight is, you can test after 12:01 am the day before.
TXTransplant
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

Just out of curiosity, what is the "official" test?

When I recently came back from Italy, I took an electronically proctored home antigen test. If I would have popped positive, it wouldn't have mattered. Here's why: the only people they give the results to are the test taker and the company that administered it.

Wouldn't it have been just as easy to change the word "positive" to "negative" using Adobe?
Man my understanding of Italy's situation is they are super nazi about foreign travelers popping positive. Like your results are required to be reported to the government and they then lock you up for 10 days.
Not at all the case. No one in Italy ever knew we took the test. And there was absolutely no way they could have disclosed the results to anyone besides me and the test company without incurring serious liability. Also, the test company didn't know that I was sitting in an Italian hotel room taking the test.

ETA: We used Abbot Labs Binax Now Home tests. You have to keep them sealed in the box until you connect to their proctor online. Just a quick link through a VPN and "poof!" I'm taking the test from 'Merica.

This is the case. There is no "official" test you have to take in a foreign country. Just buy the Abbott tests that are proctored via a zoom call. It's $180 for 6 tests, including shipping.

This is how we got home from Canada. Except no one at the airport - not customs or the airline - ever asked to see our tests results. My son and I got on the plane to come home and no one ever checked our results.
Sea Speed
AG
I personally wouldn't rely on that. Just like FAs and their level of mask naziism, im sure the negative test bs is selectively enforced.
TXTransplant
No, I wouldn't rely on no being checked, either. I mainly shared that in response to an airline rejecting the specific test you have. The Abbott self-tests, assuming you have the "certified" results, have to be accepted. And as others have said, I also think it's better to self-test in a foreign country, so there is no possible way to have an "official" record if you happen to test positive.

But, it just really ticks me off that it's not being enforced equally. It's too much of a PITA and expense for it to be acceptable for even one person to get in without complying. This scam never should have been put in place, and it's ridiculous that it's continuing.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
TXTransplant said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

Just out of curiosity, what is the "official" test?

When I recently came back from Italy, I took an electronically proctored home antigen test. If I would have popped positive, it wouldn't have mattered. Here's why: the only people they give the results to are the test taker and the company that administered it.

Wouldn't it have been just as easy to change the word "positive" to "negative" using Adobe?
Man my understanding of Italy's situation is they are super nazi about foreign travelers popping positive. Like your results are required to be reported to the government and they then lock you up for 10 days.
Not at all the case. No one in Italy ever knew we took the test. And there was absolutely no way they could have disclosed the results to anyone besides me and the test company without incurring serious liability. Also, the test company didn't know that I was sitting in an Italian hotel room taking the test.

ETA: We used Abbot Labs Binax Now Home tests. You have to keep them sealed in the box until you connect to their proctor online. Just a quick link through a VPN and "poof!" I'm taking the test from 'Merica.

This is the case. There is no "official" test you have to take in a foreign country. Just buy the Abbott tests that are proctored via a zoom call. It's $180 for 6 tests, including shipping.

This is how we got home from Canada. Except no one at the airport - not customs or the airline - ever asked to see our tests results. My son and I got on the plane to come home and no one ever checked our results.
for United, they have a feature called "travel ready." My experience is that you could literally create a fake test result using adobe and upload it and they'd never know or care.
TXTransplant
I think you're probably right. The Abbott test sends results by email and QR code. But, none of our QR codes, for tests or vaccine records, even worked in Canada. Evidently QR code reading is not a universal/standardized system.

It would be easy to just change the date and/or outcome on some emailed test results.
TarponChaser
Cynic said:

cone said:

Wow, just wow.

Just completely ****ty people.
XpressAg09
AG
Quote:

yikes reading this corvids post from 1:36am and other early morning rants, I'd say you're also obsessed with what covidians do. Just live your life and tell the rest to f ck off.

Maybe you missed the part where every level of government that seems to be almost wholly Covidians has been curtailing our ability to live our lives for the last two years? Mandatory masks, mandatory closure, mandatory vaccines.

Glad to see you coming out from under that rock, though.
H-town ag
AG
TarponChaser said:

Cynic said:

cone said:

Wow, just wow.

Just completely ****ty people.
I do not watch much local news, but Channel 2 Friday night called out Wu pretty hard and read several strong tweets responding to Wu.
Stat Monitor Repairman
The people most at risk of having a problem with covid are out standing in line for free n-95 masks so they don't catch covid, and in the meantime spreading and catching covid.

Thats what I've seen on my tv since about mid-week.

Theres older folks standing in line for masks.

And theres also folks that went to get masks but they ran out and now they are on the news talking about how disappointed they are.

Biden's free mask thing is the most brilliant political move I've ever seen.

This is the equivalent of trump using taxpayer money to give out free American flags and maga hats.

Absolutely brilliant.
TarponChaser
Just touching base to see if everybody is dead yet or what?
CDUB98
AG
I died twice yesterday....I got better.
Daddy-O5
AG
TarponChaser said:

Just touching base to see if everybody is dead yet or what?
Scratchy throat the past couple of days, time to pick out my coffin or too late?
CW Griswold
I just died in your arms tonight.

It must have been something you said.
TarponChaser
So allegedly the FDA shut down monoclonal antibody treatments in Florida. Anybody seen that in Texas?

If true it just lends more weight to the complaints that they don't care about therapeutics or early intervention and only care about vaccinations.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/florida-closes-covid-treatment-sites-after-fda-revokes-monoclonal-antibody-authorization/
CDUB98
AG
The FDA pulled the Emergency Use Authorization everywhere.
AgLA06
AG
It was discussed at length on the Covid board. Combination they weren't working with Omicron and political because Red states used the majority of it and it was pulled in favor of the east coast.
CW Griswold
AgLA06 said:

…weren't working with Omicron….

Wow, I can't believe they're going to pull the EUA for the vaxxes.
AgLA06
AG
No idea what they will do. I'm also not near as political as most of you on here.

Far right says vaccines are worthless, far left thinks they are a deity. Reality is probably closer to not preventing infection with Omicron, but lessoning severity, hospitalization and death.

My personal opinion is the oral treatment is probably more important if they can ever ramp up production.
gougler08
AG
AgLA06 said:

No idea what they will do. I'm also not near as political as most of you on here.

Far right says vaccines are worthless, far left thinks they are a deity. Reality is probably closer to not preventing infection with Omicron, but lessoning severity, hospitalization and death.

My personal opinion is the oral treatment is probably more important if they can ever ramp up production.
True answer is almost always in the middle of the extremes, so I agree with the bolded part
TarponChaser
CDUB98 said:

I died twice yesterday....I got better.
TarponChaser
AgLA06 said:

It was discussed at length on the Covid board. Combination they weren't working with Omicron and political because Red states used the majority of it and it was pulled in favor of the east coast.

I was reading other stuff and there were studies claiming they were effective vs. Omicron.
texagbeliever
AgLA06 said:

Is this the same board that was 100% sure cloth masks reduced the spread? Or that lock downs would just be 2 weeks?

Yeah ill use a magic 8 ball first. A bad bias is worse than luck
beerad12man
AG
CW Griswold said:

AgLA06 said:

…weren't working with Omicron….

Wow, I can't believe they're going to pull the EUA for the vaxxes.
Nice.

But in all seriously, supposedly 2 weeks after omicron started, a Dr told his patient they weren't working with that variant. How the hell could they know after two weeks? Maybe that poster was lying, but if not, it's clearly political. You can't have that data that quick.

People were talking about it not working with omicron within weeks, and I just don't buy how they could know that. But yet still push vaccines and claim they are still working with omicron so quickly.
First Page Last Page
Page 585 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.