Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,602,180 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Ciboag96
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kids school is trying to tell me my kid has to wear a mask because she had covid symptoms for 5 minutes. I had some non covid funk and probably gave it to her and they sent her home for 5 days. Now they are saying she has to wear a mask to return for days 6 to 10. What the ****. I assume the way around the governors order is that they just don't allow her to come back without a mask? I know they can not make her wear one. I'm not putting a mask on my kid. This is so gd infuriating.
aggietony2010
AG
It's ****ing nuts. In a room of 12-20 preschool to elementary school students, there is always at least one with "covid" symptoms.

My kids preschool shut down 2 classrooms for asymptomatic kids who popped positive and were last on campus on 1/7. They're not reopening until tomorrow.
Sea Speed
AG
Yea my infants MDO is closed all week and I dont even want to get started on their ridiculous procedures for picking up and dropping off kids.

This school has sent my oldest home twice now for maybe 5 minutes of symptoms total. She has literally been to school 2.5 days total so far this semester. These ****ing people are doing no good for anyone.
beerad12man
AG
That's current cdc guidance. 5 days isolation. 5 days in a mask(because, you know, science and all) I wonder if the people following that guidance to a T also eat well done steaks only.
Sea Speed
AG
Right, but they can't make you wear a mask in school, so I'm assuming they just say she isn't allowed to come in? Idk. I'm waiting on someone to call me back, but thisbwhole charade is just beyond stupid.

jetch17
AG
My daughter had a fever and a sore throat for 1 day over the weekend - probably rona, mild AF just like last time … back to normal yesterday, back to school today.
AgLA06
AG
negative test should nullify that.
Sea Speed
AG
Didn't get one and they are all booked up anyways. Dr said results wouldn't have been here by today if we did it at Dr office anyways which wouldn't have helped her get back in school early and they sprang this bull**** masking garbage on us today so I couldn't account for this in my decision making. I'm not really interested in subjecting my kid to a brain swab to appease some dumb nurse or administrator either. Literally every thing about these policies is stupid.
RK
AG
Quote:

Right, but they can't make you wear a mask in school
tell that to HISD...and many other districts.
Sea Speed
AG
How are they getting around the rules? Are they legitimately turning kids away if they don't have a mask on? Are all the parents seriously acquiescing? I'd say less than 10% of kids wear masks at my kids school.
Buying_time
AG
Sea Speed said:

How are they getting around the rules? Are they legitimately turning kids away if they don't have a mask on? Are all the parents seriously acquiescing? I'd say less than 10% of kids wear masks at my kids school.

In Harris county, the liberals are running with Dora the Exploiter and her comments to do what you want
RK
AG
what rules? things have been bouncing around the courts for a while now.

i don't want my kids to wear masks any more than any of you, but i'm not going to be an a**hole to our teachers or principal, all of whom i like, over something that comes down from above them and they basically have not control over.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/texas-appeals-court-harris-county-mask-mandate-ruling/285-15b200ae-e216-432d-bf01-b47012dd8628
Sea Speed
AG
Who said anything about being an *******? Anyways, the district called me and apologized for the email from the nurse and said that I am correct, they can not make kids wear masks so kid is clear to go back to school as normal.
drumboy
AG
Sea Speed said:

HISD elementary has someone at least entrance handing out masks to kids without one and they get swats if it drops below the nose twice in one day.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
Sea Speed
RK
AG
Quote:

Who said anything about being an *******?
my apologies. i know you are known for your gentle nature and subtle tone.
StillNotAnAggie
jetch17 said:

My daughter had a fever and a sore throat for 1 day over the weekend - probably rona, mild AF just like last time … back to normal yesterday, back to school today.

Same here without the fever, chalked it up to allergies.
Sea Speed
AG
Fair, but I also do realize that real life isn't a message board.
cone
AG
I'm sure Lina won't hesitate to make kids mask harder since it's now polite to admit cloth masks don't work
agz win
AG
Management email this morning pushing back return to office date a few more weeks to Feb. 15th as they continue to monitor. Boosters and masks continue to be required.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Evidently Hotez has his vaccine hitting the market soon. Looks like he, and those on his payroll, were able to keep the fear train running long enough for him to get a piece of the pie.
sts7049
AG
Sea Speed said:

Fair, but I also do realize that real life isn't a message board.
as much as you post it seems this is your life
Sea Speed
AG
If only life was that simple and boring.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Mid-January 2022..

Federal government sending everyone N-95 masks and free covid tests.

Thats where we at with this.
Bogey1996
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Mid-January 2022..

Might as well get some free tests and masks for the next big holiday/family gathering time when the next variant becomes a thing.
Keegan99
AG
Claim your free tests. Put 'em on eBay. Profit off the Covidians.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Recall that US retail stock of N-95s were bought up in Fall 2019 and shipped to protesters in Hong Kong.
BohunkAg
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Mid-January 2022..

N-95 masks are useless unless you get fitted for them. They also hurt if worn properly all day.
Keegan99
AG
And they're one-time use.

400MM n95 masks for the general population is a textbook example of government lighting money on fire
Stat Monitor Repairman
Also recall that airlines banned N-95s with the exhale valve, reasoning that ..

Exhaled vapor that goes out around the sides of an N-95; A-ok

Exhaled vapor that goes out a one-way valve on the front of the mask; extremely dangerous.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Keegan99 said:

Claim your free tests. Put 'em on eBay. Profit off the Covidians.

Travel board taught me to take them when you vacation abroad. Take your own test before you take the official. If positive, just extend your stay yourself until you self test negative then take the official test, rather than wait until they say you can come home. Plus, you won't be trapped in your room while waiting your five days or so.
BohunkAg
AG
Keegan99 said:

And they're one-time use.

400MM n95 masks for the general population is a textbook example of government lighting our money on fire
FIFY
aggietony2010
AG
eBay doesn't allow them to be sold, so get strapped and sell them on Facebook marketplace.
ChemAg15
AG
Lol big tech stepping in for the government once again.
First Page Last Page
Page 582 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.