Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,350 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
cone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
well then if you don't have the will for surveillance maybe drop the positivity metric as meaningful
BowSowy
AG
Agreed. Ideally Turner would continue to urge diligence while also acknowledging the fact that the overall situation has improved a good deal.
cone
AG
that's too vague

he needs to be asked directly what specific goals need to be achieved before he'll agree that schools can/should be opened

he needs to step up and show his cards
JYDog90
AG
If he had to answer it he would say positives below 10%
htxag09
AG
So everyone just go test for the hell of it.

Then the goalpost will change once again from positivity percent to something else.
LB12Diamond
AG
Crenshaw's latest update has a very strong statement. ICU going to phase 1 never close to phase 3. So sever cases on the decline. All these increase cases numbers are either not serious or not accurate.
gougler08
AG
Jebber said:

Crenshaw's latest update has a very strong statement. ICU going to phase 1 never close to phase 3. So sever cases on the decline. All these increase cases numbers are either not serious or not accurate.
Probably both
cone
AG
and that would necessitate a question on how useful that number is if testing is voluntary
aTm2004
AG
gougler08 said:

Jebber said:

Probably both
Yep. I remember a doc was on Tucker's show a couple of months ago and he mentioned how viruses mutate to not harm their hosts as much because they want to survive as well, and that's something we may be seeing as well.
CFTXAG10
AG
Gotta get those numbers back up, stop by after work!

XpressAg09
AG
In the words of 2006 One Hit Wonder Rap Icon Yung Joc,
"It's Going Down."

And since Positivity is the new hotness,

TarponChaser
BowSowy said:

TarponChaser said:

late 40's woman ... Her husband is 65
Good for him
Yeah, he's 17 years older than her. Great dude.

And, actually I think I'm off on the age. She's like 46 and he's 63. But it's close enough for government work.
LB12Diamond
AG
Here's what's interesting to me. Let's say you are concerned. Would you go see your doctor or go do testing? Going to doctor would allow you to get faster feedback and medicine if required. Going to do testing would delay treatment whether it was Covid or not.

It's clear to see things are getting better!
SweaterVest
AG
Jebber said:

Here's what's interesting to me. Let's say you are concerned. Would you go see your doctor or go do testing? Going to doctor would allow you to get faster feedback and medicine if required. Going to do testing would delay treatment whether it was Covid or not.

It's clear to see things are getting better!

I would probably do neither unless my symptoms required medical attention, which is highly unlikely.
Jack Klompus
AG
Houston Health Department has released a COVID Public Opinion Survey
Link
AgLiving06
They want way too much personal information to fill that out.
XpressAg09
AG
AgLiving06 said:

They want way too much personal information to fill that out.
Hank Taxpayer, who's email address is nottodayyou@aol.com disagrees.
chjoak
AG
It's a shame. I really wanted to fill out the last question... Describe the COVID-19 Pandemic in three words:
aTm_bomb
AG
TarponChaser said:

BowSowy said:

TarponChaser said:

late 40's woman ... Her husband is 65
Good for him
Yeah, he's 17 years older than her. Great dude.

And, actually I think I'm off on the age. She's like 46 and he's 63. But it's close enough for government work.
HA!
Jock 07
AG
chjoak said:

It's a shame. I really wanted to fill out the last question... Describe the COVID-19 Pandemic in three words:

Two more weeks
In this together
Full of ****
Bondag
AG
Flatten the curve
mail in vote
outdoor tent hospital
ICU Overflow hallways
wear a mask
teachers are nonessential
jetch17
AG
Fck
You
Lina
aTm2004
AG
chjoak said:

President Joe Biden
Orange Man Bad
Chi. Na. Virus.
COVID is racist
Riot Friendly Virus
Ends November 4th
FHKChE07
AG
From my conversations with medical personnel in Houston is that there is a big problem of "worried well" taking up medical resources coming in for testing, and the like. External testing sites pull some of that BS out of the ER.
Al Bula
AG
I filled that f cker out! Injected conflicting and random info into their data gathering exercise.

BohunkAg
AG
FHKChE07 said:

From my conversations with medical personnel in Houston is that there is a big problem of "worried well" taking up medical resources coming in for testing, and the like. External testing sites pull some of that BS out of the ER.
I hear that from my wife all the time, only in not as nice words (she works in the ER).
Silky Johnston
Happens all the time. There was someone on the Coronavirus forum with a fever and body aches asking if he should head to the hospital. People have been told this virus is eleventy billion times deadlier than it actually is and think they need to be put in an ICU at the first sign of symptoms.
Irish 2.0
https://instagr.am/p/CDfMZ_0JEtp

The median age of COVID deaths is 78. The life expectancy in the US is.....78
terradactylexpress
CreakinDeacon said:

You do realize that those two things are not related at all right? The life expectancy of a newborn in the US is 78, the life expectancy of a 78 year old is roughly 88.

https://www.annuityadvantage.com/resources/life-expectancy-tables/

terradactylexpress
Don't read into my statement anything about the impact of COVID on the old and what we should do off of that, I am just tired of seeing people spew **** that they know nothing about
Onceaggie2.0
terradactylexpress said:

Don't read into my statement anything about the impact of COVID on the old and what we should do off of that, I am just tired of seeing people spew **** that they know nothing about
talking to yourself?
terradactylexpress
No I was trying to premept the coronabro comment. All I was saying is that a 78 year old is not necessarily on his death bed because he is the average lifespan of an American.
Al Bula
AG
terradactylexpress said:

No I was trying to premept the coronabro comment. All I was saying is that a 78 year old is not necessarily on his death bed because he is the average lifespan of an American.
well you effed up the attempt royally, dumb ass.
Ag_07
AG
I think you missed the point
Bondag
AG
terradactylexpress said:

CreakinDeacon said:

You do realize that those two things are not related at all right? The life expectancy of a newborn in the US is 78, the life expectancy of a 78 year old is roughly 88.

https://www.annuityadvantage.com/resources/life-expectancy-tables/

What is the life expectancy of a 78 year old in a nursing home?
First Page Last Page
Page 230 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.