Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,497,369 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
wessimo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BMX Bandit said:

wessimo said:

If testing was currently happening at a local level it is likely that they would have found dozens of cases by now and there would be a lot of pressure to cancel the rodeo.

Likely? ok. tell us more.

In every city where they have begun testing they are finding cases. Do you really think the situation is different in Houston, one of the most international cities in the country?

We'll find out for sure in a couple of weeks when the Houston lab is up and running.

BMX Bandit said:

wessimo said:

FWIW I don't think they should cancel regardless.

I am disturbed that public officials are publicly announcing that they are holding back information.
they aren't holding back information. They are trying no to create a panic. The rice situation wasn't even "suspected" corona, yet its got people freaking out that the disease is here now.

Saying there are suspected cases does nothing but make people freak out, which it appears you are already doing.

Their official announcement specifically says they are holding back info on suspected cases so I'm not sure how you can debate that. Lack of transparency makes people lose trust and freak out even more.

Edit- the Rice situation IS suspected CV, which is why they sent the person's test to the CDC. Results expected tomorrow or Thursday.
94chem
wessimo said:

BMX Bandit said:

wessimo said:

If testing was currently happening at a local level it is likely that they would have found dozens of cases by now and there would be a lot of pressure to cancel the rodeo.

Likely? ok. tell us more.

In every city where they have begun testing they are finding cases. Do you really think the situation is different in Houston, one of the most international cities in the country?

We'll find out for sure in a couple of weeks when the Houston lab is up and running.

BMX Bandit said:

wessimo said:

FWIW I don't think they should cancel regardless.

I am disturbed that public officials are publicly announcing that they are holding back information.
they aren't holding back information. They are trying no to create a panic. The rice situation wasn't even "suspected" corona, yet its got people freaking out that the disease is here now.

Saying there are suspected cases does nothing but make people freak out, which it appears you are already doing.

Their official announcement specifically says they are holding back info on suspected cases so I'm not sure how you can debate that. Lack of transparency makes people lose trust and freak out even more.

Edit- the Rice situation IS suspected CV, which is why they sent the person's test to the CDC. Results expected tomorrow or Thursday.

They gotta protect everyone's right to be a hippo.
Big Al 1992
AG
There's a band from S Korea playing Rodeo next week. My guess it will be lowest attended show of the year.
Boo Weekley
Big Al 1992 said:

There's a band from S Korea playing Rodeo next week. My guess it will be lowest attended show of the year.
NCT-127 just sounds like a deadly virus that escaped from a bio-weapons lab. That or a failed nuclear reactor.

You know the "boys" are ready tho...

Stat Monitor Repairman
If you drink hand sanitizer will it get you buzzed?

I'm not saying I'm gonna do it, but just hypothetically, what would be a safe dose if one were to try it out.

(Oral injestion not butchugging)
Scientific
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

I'm not saying I'm gonna do it, but just hypothetically, what would be a safe dose if one were to try it out.

Serious answer, but yes. Rehab clinics usually dont have gel hand sanitizer, mouthwash, or even vanilla extract. All of them contain alcahol. Couldn't tell you how much you'd have to take.
Stat Monitor Repairman
With the proliferation of hand sanitizer in schools and businesses ... only a matter of time before mother*****rs start gettin ****ed up on it.
wessimo
AG
Latest update from Houston Health Dept:

I feel like the statement needs an asterisk since they have probably sent a dozen or fewer samples to the CDC for testing.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Tank02 said:

Both city and rodeo officials had a meeting already on not to share information on the individual who has the coronavirus at Methodist because of all the loss revenue the city would not be receiving from the rodeo should this information be leaked out.
Bull....sheet...
Stasco
AG
Ag_07 said:

So wasn't even thinking and stopped by HEB Bunker Hill today for normal groceries and it was a mad house.

Shelves wiped clean, people grabbing shlt by the armful, and limits on some stuff.

The lady in front of me had 2 carts full of shlt and a $500 tab.

This is pretty much a normal Sunday at that HEB.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
If there's a coronavirus outbreak at the rodeo, can we be sure that Lizzo gets it?
94chem
wessimo said:

Latest update from Houston Health Dept:

I feel like the statement needs an asterisk since they have probably sent a dozen or fewer samples to the CDC for testing.
These results have been certified by the Houston Crime Lab.
Teddy Perkins
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

If there's a coronavirus outbreak at the rodeo, can we be sure that Lizzo gets it?

What's with the hate toward a future Houston homegrown star?
Boo Weekley
Scientific said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Serious answer, but yes. Rehab clinics usually dont have gel hand sanitizer, mouthwash, or even vanilla extract. All of them contain alcahol. Couldn't tell you how much you'd have to take.
Even body sprays and hairspray are sought by severe alcoholics in rehab. Can you imagine drinking f'n hairspray?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Can you please delete that!! You owe me lunch considering mine is in my trashcan now.
randy828
AG
I second that message, but those pics...i can't unsee.
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
Bondag
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Can you please delete that!! You owe me lunch considering mine is in my trashcan now.
Oh no! Irish has corona virus.
Bondag
AG
Bondag said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Oh no! Irish has cornea virus.
FIFM
IrishTxAggie
AG
Bondag said:

Bondag said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Oh no! Irish has cornea virus.
FIFM
Mikeyshooter
AG
That's hot
jetch17
AG
Some decontaminating occurring on this thread from Lizzos grundlemoist
Velvet Jones
AG
jetch17 said:

wessimo
AG
Oh man, looks like I'll never be eating one of those again.
Furlock Bones
AG
MiniShrike said:

jetch17 said:

98Ag99Grad
AG
took a little longer than I expected but this thread is officially derailed.
JSKolache
AG
But were the direct marketers wearing masks??
aTm2004
AG
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
So, anyone need to panic buy a gun? I know a guy...
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
Ducks4brkfast
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

So, anyone need to panic buy a gun? I know a guy...
wanting to buy a G19 soon
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Dude, those have been ridiculously hard to get lately. I have like four variants coming in right now but for the last two weeks, not a single one available. Annoying as hell.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
tylercsbn9
AG
Anyone think within the next few weeks companies will be asking folks to work from home? My company has cancelled all kinds of events due to fears of corona. Can't see why it wouldn't eventually extend to full time for a few weeks.

As a company we spent about a month working from home after Harvey because our office flooded for WFH is definitely in our work culture.
AlaskanAg99
AG
If they close schools I don't see how many companies will have much of a choice.
Bondag
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

If they close schools I don't see how many companies will have much of a choice.
Just tell all the teachers over 65 not to come in to work.
IrishTxAggie
AG
DiskoTroop
Last Page
Page 2 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.