Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,498 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
SirLurksALot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ChampagneAg said:

Your solution to avoid destroying lives is to let people die? Just so I'm clear.

Are we stopping people from dying now? How many lives are going to be saved with these restrictions?

We're all going to get this thing eventually. Those that die are going to die lockdown or not.
BowSowy
AG
Can we all collectively agree to stop responding to this guy? He's not here to add anything to the discussion, just provoke responses.
ChampagneAg
AG
Why so fatalist?
ChampagneAg
AG
I'm just asking questions
Chipotlemonger
AG
Takes a troll to know a troll
AeroAg1
AG
ChampagneAg said:

Your solution to avoid destroying lives is to let people die? Just so I'm clear.
Well, we let people die everyday but we haven't taken the honeybuns and Swishers off the shelf. Is that wrong, just so I'm clear?
ChampagneAg
AG
You're being facetious if you can't differentiate that from a virus, aren't you?
cone
AG
the way Americans eat in general and the way we subsidize the sort of food that's actively killing us is a bigger problem than coronavirus tbh
AeroAg1
AG
ChampagneAg said:

You're being facetious if you can't differentiate that from a virus, aren't you?
No, I'm not. Just wondering why we as a collective being just now started being worried about such a viruses that kill such a small percentage of the general population? Why weren't you scared last year during flu season?
AeroAg1
AG
cone said:

the way Americans eat in general and the way we subsidize the sort of food that's actively killing us is a bigger problem than coronavirus tbh
Cone!! Something we agree on!
Fitch
AG
cone said:

Lol, three women nearly flayed me alive when I suggested sugar should be taxed like tobacco and alcohol after a key lime pie on the beach last week. Gotta get your vice!
ChampagneAg
AG
Did last year's flu season kill >100K last year?
ChampagneAg
AG
This doesn't come from a panic, but I don't get what's so hard about rational precautions. You can't sit still for a little bit?
AeroAg1
AG
ChampagneAg said:

Did last year's flu season kill >100K last year?
Outside of the states that jambed the elderly into LTC did the Rona? What's the ratio of died WITH Rona vs died OF Rona?
ChampagneAg
AG
Huh?
AeroAg1
AG
ChampagneAg said:

This doesn't come from a panic, but I don't get what's so hard about rational precautions. You can't sit still for a little bit?
Sit still for what? 120 days? No, I'm a responsible adult I have people to help.
ChampagneAg
AG
What does that mean?
AeroAg1
AG
ChampagneAg said:

Huh?
You are too stupid to argue with good night. PS- read up on the percentage of people who died in long term care of/with/from the Rona vs general population. You will see some pretty cool stats and be able to make logical decisions.
ChampagneAg
AG
Why so heated? I'm just asking questions, no need to be angry
Texan_Aggie
AG
2 million is still a lot of people.
rhoswen
AG
People like Champagne are pro-shutdown "if it saves just one life" but conveniently ignore the fact that suicide rates are up, mental health problems (especially in children) are up, abuse is rising, hunger is rising, and millions are out of work. But **** them, right? BUT MY MEMAW
ChampagneAg
AG
Show your work
ChampagneAg
AG
And I would never call my grandmother memaw wtf is that
SirLurksALot
Texan_Aggie said:

2 million is still a lot of people.

Nearly 3 million people die every year anyway. Given the demographics of who is dying from this virus there is likely to be significant overlap. It wouldn't be 2 million new deaths.

Also again that was the projection that was admitted to be unrealistic by the people who made it. I just used it to show that even using the unrealistically high projection, the impact is still minimal.
Keegan99
AG
Current excess US deaths are less than 30k, per CDC.

The majority of the deaths are folks that would have perished in the current timeframe, as you said. And the excess would be even less had we had flu seasons of note the past two years.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

XpressAg09
AG
ChampagneAg said:

Just two more weeks!
ChampagneAg
AG
Why not
chimpanzee
XpressAg09 said:

ChampagneAg said:

Just two more weeks!
Just a mask
Just rotating school schedules
Just no parties
Just no beach access
Just no singing in church, or really congregational worship at all

But protest all you like, as long as you're not protesting the .gov's idea of what is rational and what is not.

BowSowy
AG
This thread just plain sucks now
Betoisafurry
There's something that sucks and it's not the thread...
HtownAg92
AG
rudy99 said:

ChampagneAg said:

No, I'm not. Just wondering why we as a collective being just now started being worried about such a viruses that kill such a small percentage of the general population? Why weren't you scared last year during flu season?

The flu has been around forever, and it is a bad-mf'ing-killer, but we've had measures and controls and medicines in place for years to help minimize the damage, and experience on how to handle it. So it is like this:

Say that you have a large pride of lions in your backyard. You've been raising lions in your yard for 100 years, and although they are wild killers, you have learned to keep them fairly in check. Once a year, seasonally, the lions go a little nuts and kill some family pets and a few household members. But you take extra precautions and keep the damage to a minimum, and eventually the crazy season ends and the lions go back to normal.

This year, just as you were about to finish the crazy season, someone drops a herd of velociraptors in your yard with the lions. You've never dealt with raptors before and they are doing some damage on top of what the lions already did. They are not doing as much damage proportionately to what the lions do, but it is still additional damage. You are learning how to control them on the job, in real time, but there is no precedent for raptors in your yard to look to for guidance. And these raptors seem to have ways to get around the lion-proofing that you do during the crazy season.

You cannot just sit back and say "well the raptors don't do as much as the lions, so I can ignore them". They don't stop killing and when you leave them unchecked, they seem to multiply. Eventually, though you cannot be certain, it looks like they can do as much damage as the lions if they aren't reined in. You have to do something to deal with this new raptor problem. And you have to do it fairly quickly, because you look at the calendar and crazy lion season is approaching again. The lions aren't going away and they are going to do their thing. Having raptors and lions joining together is a cause for concern.
cajunaggie08
AG
Joe Exotic would never have let this happen.
Keegan99
AG
The fallacy in your model is that the lions cannot kill the same person that the raptors already killed.

One of the main reasons COVID is particularly bad is because the 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 flu seasons were historically mild.
CowtownAg06
AG
BohunkAg
AG
Also, Cuomo dropped the velociraptors into a nursing home.
First Page Last Page
Page 188 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.