Houston
Sponsored by

Boy, looks like Buffalo Wild Wings just stepped in it...

8,374 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by IrishTxAggie
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BMX Bandit said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Boats and Hose said:

Pluckers revenue just tripled

The problem with Pluckers on Shepherd is that they cut you off after 2 or 3 drinks. Otherwise I'd be there every week

Really?

Haven't been often (to the bar), but never cut off. This happen to others?

It's happened to me before and some friends on another occasion. Not drunk or loud of anything. Was just three beers and then, we can't serve you anymore. Haven't been back since and neither have my friends that has the same thing happen.
Boats and Hose
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

BMX Bandit said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Boats and Hose said:

The problem with Pluckers on Shepherd is that they cut you off after 2 or 3 drinks. Otherwise I'd be there every week

Really?

It's happened to me before and some friends on another occasion. Not drunk or loud of anything. Was just three beers and then, we can't serve you anymore. Haven't been back since and neither have my friends that has the same thing happen.

Haven't had that happen to me. If it did, I probably wouldn't go back either. But we go to the one off of I-10 near the beltway.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Boats and Hose said:

IrishTxAggie said:

BMX Bandit said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Boats and Hose said:

Really?

Haven't had that happen to me. If it did, I probably wouldn't go back either. But we go to the one off of I-10 near the beltway.
I think some places are becoming a lot more scared of TABC lately. Went to the St. Arnold's pub crawl on white oak yesterday and EVERY bar was carding everyone. Even the people that were obviously in their 40s+.
SockDePot
TABC is the gestapo. That location probably had someone get in trouble for "serving an intoxicated person". I watched a bartender get arrested for serving an intoxicated person many years ago. Guy was acting normal, and he was actually arguing he wasn't intoxicated. They made the guy blow, and he was a .12 or something like that, then they cuffed up the bartender and off he went.

An undercover officer had been watching the guy at another bar have a couple of drinks and followed him in. It was his first drink at that bar
IrishTxAggie
AG
TABC should be disbanded. Bunch of ****ing crooked ass POS.
Liquid Wrench
You're probably right. I've noticed the last few years that more places are careful about cutting you off if they don't know you as a regular customer.

I've actually been "cut off" before I even had a first drink before, because I walk a little funny sometimes when my bad knee or back are acting up.
drumboy
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Boats and Hose said:

That location has a different crowd but I was at the Webster pluckers with a buddy that can handle his liquor and I had 2-3 beers and he matched me with vodka tonics. He was there first and we ordered another round when the bartender chick asked if he was ok and he said yes. Then a manager showed up and asked him by name if he was ok, he said yes and asked what was up. "Well you've had 4 double vodkas so we're just being careful" and then they served him another.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
People still eat there? I could heat up frozen wings from wal mart and they'd taste the same...except they are 70% cheaper.
Boo Weekley
AgOrb said:

Try DreamWings on Ella. Wings are great, and its BYOB. No Stros Hate
This...I've hung out with several of the dudes that work there. Awesome guys. More importantly though, the wings are great.
schmellba99
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

FPS_Dough said:

Smokedraw01 said:

The BWW calls out the Astros for cheating and nothing being done about it? What's the problem?
nothing was done? man you are a terrible poster across all boards.

The team gets away with it and isn't punished at all.
You are correct, the Yankees and Red Sox and Dodgers pretty much didn't get punished at all, and it's pure garbage on the side of MLB for it.
coconutED
AG
Quote:

Haha, yeah losing a guy that's referred to as a once in a generation GM is no big deal. Those ****ers grow on trees like fruit. Just pick another one and keep rolling on.
Well the Astros certainly believe that, since it was them and not MLB that fired those two. If they were the bees knees, you'd think losing them for only one season would be worth keeping them on the payroll.

And seriously...how does a GM suspension even work?
bigjag19
AG
Quote:

And seriously...how does a GM suspension even work?

Basically no contact with anyone for a year. Yes there are back doors but if those were found I would imagine it's permanent expulsion for several parties and likely out of all sports as no one wants that risk.
Onceaggie2.0
best wings in Houston are made in my backyard.
HtownAg92
AG
FPS_Dough said:

best wings in Houston are made in my backyard.
FINALLY!!!

Last time I went they had changed them, but we used hit up Fuego's Saloon for beers and wings. They were still good, but not as awesome. They have no such limitations on drinks, as my buddy's 5/6/7th Tito's and tonic double will attest. We tell them we Uber and they good.

We will occasionally door-dash BWW because my kids like them and I like the Caribbean Jerk, but the closest one to us (Washington) is the absolute worst service at any I've ever been to.

Still go to the Wings N Things on 290 near the loop for Aggieland nostalgia wings. Need to try Dream Wings.
HBCanine08
AG
third coast.. said:

I think it's absolutely ****ing crazy thet there are multiple chain restaurants centered around selling the absolute trash of the chicken world at an absolutely insane premium.
They're killing it so much in DFW that they set up their HQs here
BullSprig07
AG
HBCanine08 said:

third coast.. said:

I think it's absolutely ****ing crazy thet there are multiple chain restaurants centered around selling the absolute trash of the chicken world at an absolutely insane premium.
They're killing it so much in DFW that they set up their HQs here
DFW is where a lot of chain restaurants eventually wind up headquartered. Brinker (Chili's, Maggiano's), La Madeleine, Top Golf, Jason's Deli, Texas Roadhouse, Front Burner etc.

It's smack dab in the middle of the country so it works well logistically.
David_Puddy
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Boats and Hose said:

Ha....wow! I didn't realize this but that's silly. As in any kind of drink? Surely not just something like beers, right? Does Pluckers serve mini corn dogs? That's the best thing on the BWW menu.
South Platte
I haven't been to BWW in years. I could never make it out of there without an urgent bathroom run, praying that the stall wasn't occupied. It's awful.
HtownAg92
AG
David_Puddy said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Boats and Hose said:

Ha....wow! I didn't realize this but that's silly. As in any kind of drink? Surely not just something like beers, right? Does Pluckers serve mini corn dogs? That's the best thing on the BWW menu.
That's the main reason why my kids get me to order BWW on door-dash -- the mini-CDs. They dominate.
Flashdiaz
AG
I've been boycotting them for a long time now due to the ****ty wings... now I can grandstand about it.
BMX Bandit
Much better at social media

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

No asterisk next to the championship or even better, taking it away all together.
In my mind regarding the bolded part, one would have to do a game-by-game, pitch-by-pitch examination of the 2017 season to determine which games the Astros won as a provable result of cheating. You can't just take away their WS title without verifiable evidence of all the wins the Astros got as a result of cheating.

By this reasoning of just "taking it away altogether", then I'd say we should take another look at the 1919 Chicago White Sox. They threw that year's World Series to the Reds. Shouldn't we assign the Sox that WS title since they gave it away?

This whole thing is a bunch of crap. Sign stealing has long been a part of baseball. Cheating always happens in sports. The Astros need to take a New England Patriots stance on this whole thing and tell MLB and all the haters, Zero F***s Given.
txags92
AG
I haven't eaten BWW in years. The last couple of times I ate there, within a couple of hours, I could have crapped through a screen door and left nothing behind.
SockDePot
South Platte said:

I haven't been to BWW in years. I could never make it out of there without an urgent bathroom run, praying that the stall wasn't occupied. It's awful.

BWW is the sbisa of wings?
Big Cat `93
AG
txags92 said:

I haven't eaten BWW in years. The last couple of times I ate there, within a couple of hours, I could have crapped through a screen door and left nothing behind.

Bwa ha!
IrishTxAggie
AG
SockDePot said:

South Platte said:

BWW is the sbisa of wings?
Hey! You keep Sbisa out of your dirty mouth!!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.