What law has changed to allow so many CBD shops?

7,221 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by redag06
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is this a regulatory issue? If not, why?
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TomballAg83 said:

Absolutely true. We have let go 15 people so far due to failing drug tests with CBD oil use.

I find this really hard to believe. I find it more likely you had 15 people smoking pot and they lied to you hoping it'd save their job.
BBRex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If they were all long-time employees who suddenly popped positive, then maybe all 15 from CBD. Otherwise I bet there are at least a couple CBD users in the mix with some pot smokers.
ChemAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's ridiculous that employers feel the need to fire good people for failing a piss test on MJ. If it's not required by law, I'd throw that test out the window. So dumb to handicap your business because you care what employees do on their own time.
TP Ag '87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can anyone recommend a place out near Cypress? I have trigeminal neuralgia and the Gabapentin prescribed is not having much effect.

When told this, the neurlogist's answer is for me to keep increasing its dosage, which I don't really like doing, I'm up to 900mg/day, and she says up to 3600mg/day is OK,
TarponChaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was on the fence for a long time and did a lot of research since, at least as far as I know, there's very little regulation so you're not always 100% sure of what you're getting. My wife's step-mother has been using some she came across up in Colorado and after chatting with her about it I went with the stuff she's using.

I've got arthritis in both knees and very little cartilage left in either one due to surgeries from football injuries and I've been using it for a couple months. I don't know if it's a placebo effect or not but I've noticed a pretty substantial reduction in the pain levels.

I've been using the 1500mg extracts with 1-dropper twice per day from this place: https://bodewellness.com/

I don't know if I would pop on a drug test or not but I'm not tested at my work so it might not matter.
Martin Q. Blank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ChemAg15 said:

It's ridiculous that employers feel the need to fire good people for failing a piss test on MJ. If it's not required by law, I'd throw that test out the window. So dumb to handicap your business because you care what employees do on their own time.
Is there a test to determine whether they're doing it on their own time? (i.e. are they high on the job or were they high 2 days ago?)
one MEEN Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HillCountryAg_12 said:

My dad swears that CBD use has cured his Austin, TX allergies. Pretty amazing, as he's struggled with allergies for the last 20+ years.
Are austin, TX allergies where you are allergic to the people in austin?
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TP Ag '87 said:

Can anyone recommend a place out near Cypress? I have trigeminal neuralgia and the Gabapentin prescribed is not having much effect.

When told this, the neurlogist's answer is for me to keep increasing its dosage, which I don't really like doing, I'm up to 900mg/day, and she says up to 3600mg/day is OK,
There's a place called CBD Shaman in the Fiesta parking lot at 529 and Fry. Handing out free samples. Seems totes legit.
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
TarponChaser said:

I was on the fence for a long time and did a lot of research since, at least as far as I know, there's very little regulation so you're not always 100% sure of what you're getting.


This is what worries me, not knowing exactly what (and how much) is in each bottle despite what the label says.
BarryProfit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What are you concerned about ingesting?
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BarryProfit said:

What are you concerned about ingesting?
going to go out on a limb and guess THC
Proposition Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Or just about anything that could be harmful to your body.

A whole lot of people got sick (and a few died) from smoking e-cig carts that were knock-off/counterfeit of major brands, diluted with what the counterfeiters thought was harmless Vitamin E -- which turned out not to be harmless when inhaled.

There's a whole lot of industries where over-regulation is bad thing, but drugs/supplements isn't one of them.
agforlife97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From what I've read, it doesn't sound like there's really much if any scientific evidence that CBD oil does much of anything. But knock yourselves out I guess.
4133
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lots of anecdotes around it changing peoples' lives but not much scientific research or acceptance by the medical community. Will be interesting to follow over the next 10-20 years.
Boo Weekley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
agforlife97 said:

From what I've read, it doesn't sound like there's really much if any scientific evidence that CBD oil does much of anything. But knock yourselves out I guess.


On one hand, I agree with you that it seems to be more of a snake oil fad than anything else. On the other hand, it helped my buddy with stage 4 brain cancer get off his cocktail of debilitating meds to treat his facial seizures and piercing migraines...and it was far more effective.

If you get the cbd Vape cartridges you can definitely feel the calming effects...but you have to take a few big rips. Kind of gives you that comfortable chill post-high feeling imo.

MJ combined with CBD is much more medicinally effective for pain, insomnia, etc.
Ducks4brkfast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Boo Weekley said:

MJ combined with CBD is much more medicinally effective for pain, insomnia, etc.
Yep, and add a couple or 3 IPAs to the mix and you'll feel/sleep like a champ.

Or so I've heard.
Boo Weekley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ducks4brkfast said:

Boo Weekley said:

MJ combined with CBD is much more medicinally effective for pain, insomnia, etc.
Yep, and add a couple or 3 IPAs to the mix and you'll feel/sleep like a champ.

Or so I've heard.
Yep...Add a small to moderate dose of Fentanyl and we're talkin
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Any CBD coffee recommendations?
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bumping this old thread because I got some Delta 8 from Third Coast, and this stuff is, um, really effective. Noticeable head change and slept like a champ. The D8 shot is perfect for me. They also have a CBD mixer elixir that isn't delta 8 but perfect to add a few pumps to a Topo Chico. Discovered these guys from Georgia James putting it in their cocktails. Big fan.
SockDePot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Martin Q. Blank said:

ChemAg15 said:

It's ridiculous that employers feel the need to fire good people for failing a piss test on MJ. If it's not required by law, I'd throw that test out the window. So dumb to handicap your business because you care what employees do on their own time.
Is there a test to determine whether they're doing it on their own time? (i.e. are they high on the job or were they high 2 days ago?)


The answer (my understanding) is no. That is the primary reason we test and terminate for it, especially after an incident. There is no way to test for level of "intoxication", like alcohol. It's either in the system or it isn't.
ruddyduck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TomballAg83 said:

Absolutely true. We have let go 15 people so far due to failing drug tests with CBD oil use.


that's really stupid.
Silky Johnston
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I doubt this is true.

"Hey, time for a random drug test."

"Oh, uh well, uh, I had some CBD oil a couple of weeks ago."

"Your test came back and you are being let go due to high levels of THC in your system."
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.healthline.com/health/thc-free-cbd-oil#how-we-chose

Plenty of options,for THC free CBD oil on the market. Also more and more research showing that it isnt just a snake oil.

I doubt mainatteam,western medicine will ever give it any sort of endorsement, just like moat scoff at the idea that anything holistic is beneficial - needs to be a synthetic compound,made in a lab that they have the power to preacribe before they give it the seal of approval.
Harry Lime
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've heard a lot of independent pharmacies have been expressing interest, or even starting to sell it already. Revenue is revenue, and some of them are looking for new products after insurance companies and gov't agencies came down on the heavy duty/high volume prescription pain stuff.

There's a lot of interest, but my understanding is not a ton of clinical hard data or regulatory guidance.
redag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Silky Johnston said:

I doubt this is true.

"Hey, time for a random drug test."

"Oh, uh well, uh, I had some CBD oil a couple of weeks ago."

"Your test came back and you are being let go due to high levels of THC in your system."


My employer sent out an email stating that it is definitely a possibility to test positive from cbd oil.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.