Houston
Sponsored by

2020 DisAstros thread

4,437 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by one MEEN Ag
Goose
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In the spirit of, "Well, there's always next year"....pitchers and catchers report in about 15 weeks.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Except for Greinke. Management will make him show up a week before he should.
LPHA
AG
Goose said:

In the spirit of, "Well, there's always next year"....pitchers and catchers report in about 15 weeks.
Post removed:
by user
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Sit Verlander until mid June. Miley and Greinke can keep us in the Division race til then and before Miley stalls out like an old mexican Plymouth. McCullers might be back long enough to adopt a few dogs and tear something important. Whitley should finally see his post roids rebound and help Urquidy shoulder the load.
Cromagnum
AG
Hopefully the Nats can show the Stros how to bat with RISP in spring training. We would have annihilated these guys with 2017 post season batting.
2012Ag
AG
im in
combat wombat™
AG
Page juan.
Cromagnum
AG
In happier news, nice Astros sunrise this morning.

one MEEN Ag
AG

In.
Beetle 92
AG
In
JSKolache
AG
Sell Verlander, buy Cole
LPHA
AG
I'd like to see some more of Cole's wife's tangibles before we trade away Kate's Uptops.
schmellba99
AG
In.

Cole is gone, he'll be facing us in an Angels uniform I bet.

Hitting approach needs to change significantly this year - even a couple of extra hits with RISP changes the entire dynamic of the home series. Hope to see that be a focus. Dingers are great, but they aren't the only method of scoring.

Alvarez needs to be more consistent - dude has amazing power but his rookie learnign curve showed in post season. Hope that is what he needed to become a massive hitting force in the league next year.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Ready for spring training
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Betoisafurry
In
Chewy
AG
schmellba99 said:

Alvarez needs to be more consistent - dude has amazing power but his rookie learnign curve showed in post season. Hope that is what he needed to become a massive hitting force in the league next year.

Yordan struggled the last week of the regular season, ALDS, and ALCS but he might have been our best hitter in the WS. He was making solid contact all 5 games he played. It gave me some real hope he's still got a chance to be great.

Obviously his strike out with the bases loaded in Game 1 was a major disappointment but he'd already had two singles.

He's interesting because he has such raw power but really hits to contact rather than trying to launch on every swing.
RVAg02
AG
Agreed on Alvarez. I think he'll be great
sixbarag
Sponsor
AG
In
malenurse
AG
On a side note, Green Bay Packers TE Jimmy Graham and trainer Nate Weir win Halloween this year.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
RingOfive
AG
Page 1.
Tone2002
Here
Mr. McGibblets
AG
I'm sorry, but there is only 1 person who starts DisAstros threads and it ain't you.
Charlie Murphy
Someone nuke this thread. dont need this negativity for next year.
agz win
AG
randy828
AG
Let's get our own dancing girl gif for 2020.

Wonderer, you can make it happen??

I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
The Wonderer
AG
randy828 said:

Let's get our own dancing girl gif for 2020.

Wonderer, you can make it happen??

Um, that's it?
The Wonderer
AG
Mr. McGibblets said:

I'm sorry, but there is only 1 person who starts DisAstros threads and it ain't you.
This. Any 20XX Disastros Thread not started by Ferris Wheel Allstar is void ab initio.
Ciboag96
Juan!
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Goose said:

I'm Maverick.
randy828
AG
Nah, meant a new one. But that one could be used.
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
The Wonderer
AG
randy828 said:

Nah, meant a new one. But that one could be used.
I need a new movie to use then
Chewy
AG
Anybody got any thoughts on the Ryan family's departure from the Astros?

I know Nolan is a figurehead more than anything but it was sure nice having him associated with the Astros over the Rangers.

Hopefully he's still welcome and will be around but something tells me the Cranes and Ryans won't be hanging out much anymore.
AgLA06
AG
Rumor is Ryan as head of business operations was in charge of how the organization handled the PR nightmare of the Assistant GM / Sports Illustrated situation. This is the fall out of that.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.