Houston
Sponsored by

2020 DisAstros thread

4,401 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by one MEEN Ag
Chewy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Reid seems more aware than how they handled things but if he was responsible for that then he deserves to be shown the door. Reid doesn't seem like someone to make a statement like what was made as he's very friendly and always putting the positive spin on things.

I just always assumed that was Lunhow who handled that since it was his employee.
AgLA06
AG
Maybe. I'm probably wrong, but my understanding is Lunhow is over baseball operations (team development and players) while Ryan is over business operations.

Even if it wasn't Ryan's direct report, he would in theory be over the communication / PR side of that problem.
Chewy
AG
You're correct on how the breakdown between Lunhow and Reid Ryan are but because it was Lunhows direct report and Osuna related I've wondered if the Ops side was involved.

I get they should have been but doesn't mean they were considering the circumstances.

I've always seen Reid as pretty astute at public perception and Lunhow being tone deaf so the wording of that initial release would surprise me if Reid was the driving force behind it.

I could be completely wrong but seems like Reid was never involved in public discussions related to Osuna and it was always Crane, Lunhow, and Hinch.

The fact that Lunhow did the interview post Taubmans firing and related to the initial release always made me think it was Lunhow driving that specific train more than Reid.
FarmerJohn
AG
I just read the news stories as Jim Crane deciding that he wants his son to run things and so he needs to make a spot for him in the organization. Reid Ryan's dad is Nolan, so that helps open doors and get you a seat. But owner of the team trumps hall of fame former player.
XpressAg09
AG
How do we feel about all these sign stealing allegations?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
one MEEN Ag
AG
XpressAg09 said:

How do we feel about all these sign stealing allegations?

From what I've read, it looks like a lot of teams are doing some form of electronic sign stealing. Yankees and Red Sox have been previously caught doing it.

At this rate, the MLB needs to find some technology to counter sign stealing or just make it open season.

MLB is certainly acting like it's trying to gauge 'outrage' before it hands out punishments.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.