Houston
Sponsored by

ABC 13 celebrating a little drag boy

7,641 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ag_07
Ciboag96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ABC13 propping up drag boy

Quote:

- A 9-year-old living near Austin is spreading a message of love and inclusiveness as he performs as a drag queen.

Keegan performs in drag as Kween KeeKee.

WTF
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Sounds like a real dog and pony show.
Jack Cheese
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Quote:

- A 9-year-old living near Austin is spreading a message of love and inclusiveness as he performs as a drag queen.

WTF

Fall of the Roman empire.
GCRanger
AG
Child abuse.
Texaggie7nine
His name is Keegan. Why is this news?
7nine
Betoisafurry
Sick and wrong. Wtf is wrong with people
Hulla Baller
AG
ABC 13 has really gone to hell. I think it's all the new people they have been hiring recently.
Bert315
AG
Hulla Baller said:

ABC 13 has really gone to hell. I think it's all the new people they have been hiring recently.

There owned by Disney who has been pushing this stuff for years now.
Jock 07
AG
chances this is some cali nut job family that came to Texas and wants to change the state to match the same ****hole that they fled?
Ghost91
Shife said:

Is 2 or 11 better these days? I grew up watching Dave Ward, Shara Fryer, Tim Melton/Bob Allen and Ed Brandon.

That is a sickening story and frankly more and more little kids are going to be completely screwed up by their libtard agenda-pushing parents.

And F ck Ktrk for pushing this nonsense. It is insane that the media panders to a tiny, mentally ill demographic.

I also grew up on the names you mention. Watching the new team has really puzzled me as to whether a) there's also been massive turnover in the production staff, or b) Dave Ward & the others were just incredibly good and we took it for granted.

The amount of bumbling/fumbling through scripts, mistakes in camera work, talking over each other inadvertently etc is unbelievable. It's like something I'd expect from a college campus channel or something. My wife and I shake our heads every night.
Ghost91
Ciboag96 said:

Quote:

WTF

Also, what exactly is the point of these stunts? I think there are basically three schools of thought on LGNTQXYZABC, and I can't figure how these stunts impact any of them.

1. The LGBTQ 'community' who already eats all this up with a spoon. No need for #awareness raising with their own.
2. Folks like most of us, who don't give a flying F if someone is gay, straight, furry, whatever. Not needed, and if anything makes it harder for us to be all #inclusive.
3. Bigots who have their minds made up and are never going to say, "well gosh darn it, I guess being gay is okay too".

What's the point?
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Also, what exactly is the point of these stunts?
It's mostly about the moms needing attention. Look up "Munchausen Syndrome By Proxy."

For a smaller group, there is a bizarre drive to normalize the sexualization of children.

All different forms of child abuse.
Coog97
Ghost91 said:

Shife said:

Is 2 or 11 better these days? I grew up watching Dave Ward, Shara Fryer, Tim Melton/Bob Allen and Ed Brandon.

That is a sickening story and frankly more and more little kids are going to be completely screwed up by their libtard agenda-pushing parents.

And F ck Ktrk for pushing this nonsense. It is insane that the media panders to a tiny, mentally ill demographic.

I also grew up on the names you mention. Watching the new team has really puzzled me as to whether a) there's also been massive turnover in the production staff, or b) Dave Ward & the others were just incredibly good and we took it for granted.

The amount of bumbling/fumbling through scripts, mistakes in camera work, talking over each other inadvertently etc is unbelievable. It's like something I'd expect from a college campus channel or something. My wife and I shake our heads every night.

Disney has owned and operated the station since early in 1996. The entire industry is in decline, but in the case of 13, it really ramped up in the summer of 2014 when the long-tenured and capable newsroom management left and were replaced by the people that used to produce shows such as Debra Duncan and other society/fashion/lifestyle programming. These are the folks that have been running the newsroom for the last five years. Add to that the departure of a ton of talented, long-tenured staff from both sides of the camera, whether by their choice or otherwise, and you're left with today's product. There are actually still a number of talented journalists there, but for the most part, it's a bunch of inexperienced young people who, quite frankly, have never learned how to do it right to begin with. Add to that, a lot more work that has to be done by a much smaller staff... that's where you start to see a lot of errors in execution. Seven hours of news a day (M-F,) plus all the digital content, put together by fewer people than ever... not a good recipe.
Ag_07
AG
Why exactly are we mad at ABC13?

They're simply running a story that'll get clicks.

Hell OP does them a favor and adds the link.
Texaggie7nine
Social Media Influencer said:

Quote:

Also, what exactly is the point of these stunts?
It's mostly about the moms needing attention. Look up "Munchausen Syndrome By Proxy."

For a smaller group, there is a bizarre drive to normalize the sexualization of children.

All different forms of child abuse.

The point is the vast majority LGBTQ community suffered quite a bit growing up from bigotry and mistreatment for being who they were. Because of that a portion of them encourage these stunts because they think it helps the LGBTQ kids of today from the abuse they did. Plus I'm sure there is some living vicariously, imagining getting praise for being the way they were as kids as opposed to being ridiculed or punished.

It is kinda like pushover parents who overcorrected for having overly strict parents.
7nine
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Are y'all really mad at this or just internet mad?
Liquid Wrench
I think it's messed up when parents are deciding that their kids are "different" before kid knows anything. That's more of the vicarious quest for attention.
Texaggie7nine
It's quite possible the parents pushed this on the kid, but it is more likely the kid just wanted to do this and the parents were happy to let him.

Kind of like when your kid wants to wear their Halloween costume out to dinner in July. Sure, you could let your kid express themselves, or you could do the right thing and make them dress like a normal human and help them grow up to be thankful you didn't let them make a continuous fool of themselves as a kid.

I would fault the parents for letting their young kid be exposed to drag culture to want to do it in the first place though.
7nine
drumboy
AG
I'm sure 13 had a slot to fill w/ a LBGTQ story to go along with Pride weekend/month/parade and this was an easy story to pick.
Cynic
Ag_07 said:

It's just indicative of our spineless society. We will let our boys dress as girls in order to look pretty for grown men and see no issue with it. That boy will be sexually abused or probably already has been.

Post removed:
by user
drumboy
AG
third coast.. said:

This about sums up news for me these days. If you happen to keep tabs on vice headlines this gif is even better.

I used to watch some of the Vice documentaries and followed then on the twitter but it got unbearable quickly.
Boo Weekley
Cynic said:

Ag_07 said:

It's just indicative of our spineless society. We will let our boys dress as girls in order to look pretty for grown men and see no issue with it. That boy will be sexually abused or probably already has been.

The life expectancy of trans people is already way lower than the avg population. When you factor in the very real possibility that kids like this and 10 year-old "Desmond is Amazing" will look back in the future and feel they were robbed of their youth and could not live their lives as normal children (i.e. Michael Jackson), I bet the odds of drug addiction, depression and/or suicide skyrocket.

This kids parents deserve life sentences in prison if you ask me:

Can't forget "Queen Lactacia":

These children have ultra liberal parents who I am sure pimp their kids out (not literally hopefully) for attention and liberal SJW street cred.

I would think even the gays on Texags would be vehemently against this vile sh**.
jetch17
AG
FFS.
Texaggie7nine
Boo Weekley said:

These children have ultra liberal parents who I am sure pimp their kids out (not literally hopefully) for attention and liberal SJW street cred.

I would think even the gays on Texags would be vehemently against this vile sh**.

Of the ones I know of. They are.
7nine
Cynic
Quote:

Which is exactly what ABC13 is doing. They added this to be "woke".

In reality they just endorsed sexual abuse of children. Probably doesn't bother them because it will just give them more bad news to exploit.
Ag_07
AG
Quote:

In reality they just endorsed sexual abuse of children.

Boo Weekley
Ag_07 said:

Quote:

In reality they just endorsed sexual abuse of children.

Not sure what part of uber-woke Cali you come from, but where I come from caking your 9-10 y/o kid in makeup and dressing them in skimpy clothes so you can parade them in front of hundreds of drunk and drug fueled deviants at gay and drag queen night clubs at least gets us close to the line of sexual abuse.

Even if the kid wanted to do this stuff, as a parent, it isn't your job to be their buddy or their "yes man". Sometimes letting your child do whatever the F they want to do can qualify as child abuse.

Every story I have seen on each of these kids has been 100% positive....aka...endorsing. Anyone who says this isn't child abuse is a POS imo. These kids aren't old enough to have their sexuality yet.

Texaggie7nine
Not much different than the parents that paint their 6 year old daughters up for beauty contests that have swimsuit contests and ****.

7nine
Boo Weekley
Texaggie7nine said:

Not much different than the parents that paint their 6 year old daughters up for beauty contests that have swimsuit contests and ****.

Quite a bit different actually. And those things are messed up, I agree. But this is more along the lines of someone having their 9-10 y/o daughter work the pole or runway in skimpy clothing for a bunch of drunk rowdy men at a bar or night club. Just completely unheard of, perverse, and evil to the core.
Texaggie7nine
I've only seen one case where they actually performed in a gay club.

The whole drag queen thing is weird to me, but I can see there is a community that like it and it's not always sexually driven. It's more about the show.

Beauty pageants are about sex appeal when it comes down to it. Cheerleading is about sex appeal when it comes down to it ultimately.

But kids see adults doing something that looks cool and fun and they want to do it too, and adults put together ways for their kids to do it and they just tell themselves that it's all for fun and there's nothing wrong with it.
7nine
schmellba99
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

I've only seen one case where they actually performed in a gay club.

The whole drag queen thing is weird to me, but I can see there is a community that like it and it's not always sexually driven. It's more about the show.

Beauty pageants are about sex appeal when it comes down to it. Cheerleading is about sex appeal when it comes down to it ultimately.

But kids see adults doing something that looks cool and fun and they want to do it too, and adults put together ways for their kids to do it and they just tell themselves that it's all for fun and there's nothing wrong with it.
Tell me you really don't believe this and are being contrarian because that is what you think your schtick has to be on any social topic.

Because if you really believe this, good lord you are either naive as F or flat blind to the realities of garbage like this.
Texaggie7nine
You don't think there are naive parents out there who allow their kids to do inappropriate things?
7nine
Liquid Wrench
Texaggie7nine said:

You don't think there are naive parents out there who allow their kids to do inappropriate things?
Sure, but that usually becomes an issue in middle school or high school. At storytime age, it's 100% the parents are deciding what they think is "cool" for their kids and what will make them "cool parents" in the eyes of their social media peers.
Texaggie7nine
You don't think there are 7 year old girls out there that see beauty pageants and want to be in them themselves?

I have plenty of experience with friends and family where their kids under 8 are into completely different things that their parents are. I have a friend with a daughter who hates Disney movies and both parents love them.
7nine
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.