Houston
Sponsored by

ABC 13 celebrating a little drag boy

7,659 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ag_07
Liquid Wrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's kind of the point, though. The kids were exposed to Disney by their Disney-enthusiast parents. Where do you think a 2nd or 3rd grader is being exposed to Drag culture enough to take an interest without the parents encouraging it?
Texaggie7nine
And that's exactly my point. I said I fault the parents for exposing the kid to that culture in the first place. Same with beauty pageant culture with little girls.
7nine
Liquid Wrench
Texaggie7nine
Yeah, it's as stupid as two parents standing next to their kid dressed as batman with signs saying "I stand by my batman dressing son" and the parents chastising any adult that comments that perhaps they should not just let their son do whatever he wants and go around telling people that they are bad for not celebrating it.
7nine
Ag_07
AG
I agree it's not healthy from the mental health standpoint of the kid, but I just think it's pretty far overboard to say that they're being flaunted in front of drunks and druggies and it should be considered sexual abuse. Even more of a stretch to say the TV station that did the story is endorsing child sex abuse.

I disagree with that aspect of this conversation.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.