Houston
Sponsored by

Wagyu Steaks (Raw, Butcher) around Houston

10,430 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Chewy
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
whatever wagyu that l'auberge comps me at Embers is the best steak I have had.
TheOC16
AG
I'm happy when Isle of Capri comps me crawfish...
Zobel
AG

Quote:

The purebred Wagyu with 7+ marbling scores is so fatty that most people don't want to chow down on it like your typical steak - in Japan they serve it sliced very thin and people don't eat 16 oz in a meal. So they American Wagyu is kind of a middle ground for people who want an exceptionally marbled cut of beef that they can still eat as a thick steak cut.
Correct. It's very different than a "well-marbled" steak in the US. You eat a few ounces. It is good, but it's not worth the price tag. And to be honest, I'm not sure I prefer it to a "normal" good steak.
TheOC16
AG
Yep, as I mentioned, I anticipate that I'm actually going to like American (crossbred) Wagyu better. But I want to give the "real" thing a try first.
Texan_Aggie
AG
TheOC16 said:

Dirty Mike and the Boys said:

Had a B&B Japanese Wagyu Ribeye last week, and I've been thinking about it ever since. Never been much of a food snob, but ****in A it was legit.

Nice! Ate in the restaurant or you bought from the butcher and cooked yourself?

I fancy myself a pretty dang good steak chef, but I'd be pretty nervous cooking an $800 piece of meat.
Oh yeah, well no steak beats the one I can make in my backyard.
94chem
TheOC16 said:

Dirty Mike and the Boys said:

Had a B&B Japanese Wagyu Ribeye last week, and I've been thinking about it ever since. Never been much of a food snob, but ****in A it was legit.

Nice! Ate in the restaurant or you bought from the butcher and cooked yourself?

I fancy myself a pretty dang good steak chef, but I'd be pretty nervous cooking an $800 piece of meat.

I get nervous cooking Papa Murphy's pizza.
HtownAg92
AG
Boo Weekley said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

So where do kolaches fit into this paradigm?
All I can say is that the best and most authentic sausage, cheese and jalapeno kolaches I have ever had were at Buccee's near Luling.
Best and most authentic kolaches are the chicken fajita kolaches from Kolache Factory.

Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
Oh, definitely cooked/grilled there. I'd have to take out an insurance policy on that steak if I was gonna try to grill it myself.
Chewy
AG
HEB on Buffalo Speedway has tenderloin filet wagyu along with ribeye and strip. Most ITB HEBs have wagyu ribeye and strip but not the tenderloin filet. Buff Speedway is the only I've found it. $39.99/lb.

Did one wagyu and prime last weekend. Wagyu is a little more tender but that prime is tasty AF as well.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.