Houston
Sponsored by

Pub Fiction

8,184 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by agz win
Coog97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
blindey said:

hodgesco said:

Pursuing her facebook, she seems totally normal and the type of completely sane person you would definitely want to bring home to meet your mother. /sarcasm.
Based on what I can find, she appears to be a fire-hydrant shaped Thai strumpet.

Fire hydrant-shaped, Thai strumpet...

That's funny!
Liquid Wrench
Last name sounds Vietnamese, if we want to be precise in our derogatory remarks.
BQRyno
AG
Seems......implausible. The uber driver was cool with all this going on in the back seat and never thought to mention anything? And maybe I'm dumb, but I've never exactly understood how a woman can be forced to give oral sex. I mean, she has teeth, right?
Tom Hagen
AG
And would the Uber driver be cool with the resulting "mess" that would be all over his back seat?
swimmerbabe11
Someone has already physically overpowered or threatened you enough to be scared enough to comply. Their hands are probably around or near your throat/eyes.. your hands may or may not be free..but to do what?.. you probably aren't in a good position to run or use your legs..

More than likely you aren't in a position that using your teeth is a great idea if you don't have any other form of weapon as well.

edit: and this is even assuming that the victim isn't drugged or compromised with drugs/alcohol.
BQRyno
AG
Let's assume all that's the case (just to not drag out a king debate about knowing who you are with, being aware of what situations you put yourself in, etc), what about the uber driver? He's just driving the car listening to all this happen and doesn't call any authorities, say cut it out, or even report it afterward?
swimmerbabe11
oh, that wasn't at all about this particular situation, just in response to "how can someone force someone to give oral sex"
IDaggie06
AG
It seems that Uber would be more liable for this than Pub Fiction if the driver continued and allowed it to happen. Uber probably has to legal disclaimers though getting them out of anything like this.

I see zero case against Pub Fiction. Gold digger.
Truvada_for_prep
Yeah I'm not buying she was forced to give oral .
BQRyno
AG
Ah, fair enough! I can see what you're saying. I've always just remembered a forensic science video I watched in high school where a pos abducted and tried to get a bj from a high school girl with braces. She chomped on his d and got away, and they confirmed who he was by the mark of her braces on his shaft. Bravo to her.
Fall92
AG
Given the timing of the filing of the two lawsuits, i'm guessing Nina found out about the Brenner's suit and saw Kerrigan's name pop up and thought she could cash in as well.
agz win
AG
Brennan's plaintiff goes public.

"Jessica Crutcher, a litigation partner in Mayer Brown's Houston office, has chosen to publicly identify herself as the Big Law partner who sued Brennan's of Houston for $20 million, alleging she was raped by a bartender formerly employed there.

Crutcher alleged in her suit that the rape and its aftermath caused "extreme emotional distress," which interfered with her work as a lawyer. She was initially identified as Jane Doe in her petition filed in late January in state district court in Harris County, Texas.
The alleged attacker was criminally charged with sexual assault last year, but he has since died.

In an interview Tuesday, Crutcher said she was inspired to make her identity known by the clients she has represented pro bono who were victims of crime.
"I've done a lot of pro bono work over the years where I have seen my clients, survivors of horrible violence, very bravely stand up for themselves. I think I should be able to do the same thing here," Crutcher said, a few days after she filed the third amended petition that identified her..."

https://www.law.com/texaslawyer/2019/05/09/mayer-brown-partner-goes-public-in-suit-against-houston-restaurant-over-alleged-rape/
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Aggie. Former Battalion editor.
ptothemo
AG
I am not at all trying to diminish or distract from the allegations here, but did she really need to include the point about doing pro bono work for people before? Just take the high(er) road and say that she's proud to take the same stand her brave clients have or something like that. The pro bono thing just feels self serving given the publicity of the case.
IrishTxAggie
AG
ptothemo said:

I am not at all trying to diminish or distract from the allegations here, but did she really need to include the point about doing pro bono work for people before? Just take the high(er) road and say that she's proud to take the same stand her brave clients have or something like that. The pro bono thing just feels self serving given the publicity of the case.

For the purpose of her case, absolutely. You want the victim painted in as good of light as you can as an attorney and showing that she is selfless plays well.
Guitarsoup
AG
She also had a tough life and has spent a lot of time doing pro bono work over the years before any of this happened. I've been friends with her for almost 20 years. Horrible situation. Glad her rapist is no longer stealing oxygen. He had been indicted on multiple felony rape charges with multiple victims before dying.
Al Bula
AG
agz win
AG
Settlement 5 years later.

"A partner at Mayer Brown LLP has reached a settlement with Brennan's of Houston Inc. after suing the restaurant and one of its managers for $20 million in damages over her alleged rape by a bartender.

Houston-based Jessica L. Crutcher alleged she was drugged and raped by bartender Sean Kerrigan, who died before the lawsuit was filed and was not a defendant. Monday's settlement with Brennan's came five years to the day after the alleged attack that led to the litigation.

Peter K. Taaffe of the Buzbee Law Firm, who represents Crutcher, told Law360 the parties agreed to dismiss the case and filed documents accordingly with Harris County District Judge Larry Weiman on Monday. Jeffrey Ross Bale of the Bale Law Firm PLLC, who represents Brennan's, told Law360 on Tuesday the case was settled "pursuant to a mutual release of all claims and the terms are confidential."

"Crutcher filed suit as Jane Doe in January 2019, but in her third amended petition filed that May, she identified herself as the plaintiff. She said that Kerrigan was aided and abetted in the attack by a Brennan's manager, Christopher Lockhart. Crutcher voluntarily dropped the claims against Lockhart in December, according to court records.

Crutcher alleges that she went to the restaurant in Houston's Midtown area for dinner and drinks on Oct. 19, 2015, and "remembers almost nothing after her second drink." Kerrigan, she alleged, either drugged her or over-served her.

Surveillance footage from Brennan's shows Lockhart taking Crutcher out of the bar, and she alleged in her lawsuit that law enforcement officers later informed her that Kerrigan and Lockhart took her to another bar nearby before taking her back to her home, where she was raped.

The following day, Crutcher went to the hospital where a rape kit was collected and injuries consistent with rape were documented, according to the lawsuit.

"Ultimately, plaintiff took medical leave from her law firm because of the emotional trauma, and continues to be on medical leave," Crutcher said in the lawsuit."

[url]https://www.law360.com/texas/articles/1321249/houston-restaurant-settles-mayer-brown-atty-s-rape-claim.com [/url]
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.