Houston
Sponsored by

Finna storm

55,368 Views | 376 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Up in CS for the Chuck Norris run tomorrow morning. Storm blowing in now. Bad derecho headed towards the Tine. Y'all be safe.

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Chuck Norris doesn't run, he stalks.
Jock 07
AG
I bet you love to tell people about how you run marathons too, don't you?
Cromagnum
AG
Jock 07 said:

Nope, I don't run them. I don't run 5ks either, but couldn't pass up a chance to meet Chuck
Martin Q. Blank
94chem
Had a nice tornado in Kingwood. Looked like a healthy F1 or F2, and power is still out in my neighborhood in places. Heard there was a water spout on Lake Houston, but I don't have a pic of that one.
Ragoo
AG
Jock 07 said:

a what?
Cromagnum
AG
Not that I believe 1 week precipitation maps but this would be really bad for folks along the Brazos which is already high.

aTm2004
AG
94chem said:

Had a nice tornado in Kingwood. Looked like a healthy F1 or F2, and power is still out in my neighborhood in places. Heard there was a water spout on Lake Houston, but I don't have a pic of that one.
Yeah, getting home Friday was a cluster****. I was on the 59 HOV lane over the river about to exit when all of this apparently happened. We sat there and didn't move for a good half hour. My mom then called me to let me know that the lights were out at Kingwood Dr and 59, so I decided I'd cut through Lowe's and go down Hamblen. Forrest Cove looked like a war zone and I didn't get to my house until almost 7 (was sitting on the HOV lane around 4:30). Our neighborhood didn't look like anything happened (no limbs, leaves, etc) but we did lose power as the generator was going when I got home. It also went out for a few hours Friday night.
The Milkman
AG
I'm not sure if it rained at memorial/chimney rock area, but I did lose power for a few hours in the middle of the night which made for a warmer sleep than I am comfortable with.
sts7049
AG
spacecityweather guys have a new "flood scale". let's see where we end up!

https://spacecityweather.com/introducing-the-space-city-weather-flood-scale/?fbclid=IwAR12p2G9Qfp0mGQVsYyEzS6hQw6dghbxssA74iWOKYNxBdK7n9epzJLX1Ms
94chem
aTm2004 said:

94chem said:

Yeah, getting home Friday was a cluster****. I was on the 59 HOV lane over the river about to exit when all of this apparently happened. We sat there and didn't move for a good half hour. My mom then called me to let me know that the lights were out at Kingwood Dr and 59, so I decided I'd cut through Lowe's and go down Hamblen. Forrest Cove looked like a war zone and I didn't get to my house until almost 7 (was sitting on the HOV lane around 4:30). Our neighborhood didn't look like anything happened (no limbs, leaves, etc) but we did lose power as the generator was going when I got home. It also went out for a few hours Friday night.
Crossing fingers that I only lost my starter in the HEB parking lot.
Cromagnum
AG
Models raised all in. I guess we will see.

aTm2004
AG
94chem said:

aTm2004 said:

94chem said:

Crossing fingers that I only lost my starter in the HEB parking lot.

Ah, you were caught in that? My neighbor was sitting on Kingwood Dr as the water rose around him. He spent the weekend with his car open in the garage.
TX04Aggie
AG
So this could be "the Mother's Day Flood"... sticking with the Htine natural disaster holiday calendar...
94chem
Yep. Stopped to get gas between elementary and middle school pickups. People driving through the lot sent a wake into my van. Moved to higher ground when the horizontal rain stopped. Would have waited longer, but thought the water might still be going up.
Dr. Doctor
AG
Anyone in Kingwood getting flooded out again?

Water back on my house after Friday's 4" deluge.

~egon
sts7049
AG
flash flood warning just issued that includes kingwood
The Wonderer
AG
sts7049 said:

Humidity must be high
03_Aggie
The Wonderer said:

sts7049 said:

Humidity must be high

Someone took a piss outside in Conroe.
Ag_07
AG
Water released from Lake Houston ahead of severe storms, flooding still possible

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-weather/article/Officials-release-water-from-Lake-Houston-ahead-13824976.php

Ezra Brooks
AG
sts7049 said:

The Wife is in Kings Point unsure how she's going to get to Woodland Hills to pick up our daughter - she said it's really bad.

I'm in the Memorial City Mall area, it looks bad all around, but not bad here.
aTm2004
AG
Wife told me is bad in Kingwood. She's at Riverwood today and said the drive from the HS was fun.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
parents neighbor just called and North Park and Kingwood Dr are flooded in the front of KW, so youre not getting in that way.
Waltonloads08
AG
Ezra Brooks said:

sts7049 said:

The Wife is in Kings Point unsure how she's going to get to Woodland Hills to pick up our daughter - she said it's really bad.

I'm in the Memorial City Mall area, it looks bad all around, but not bad here.

Mucho austin
AG
Tried to pick up my son from a friends house who picked him up from school. Couldn't get to their house. Wife couldn't get out of forest cove to pick him up, so I left early from work.

Looks like my son may have his first sleepover unplanned.

Almost all roads not a highway are flooded

Ag_07
AG
And this is only the first few hours of 4 or 5 days of this?
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Time to rename Kingwood from "The Liveable Forest" to the "Upper-middle Class 100 Year Floodplain"
Gig-Em2003
AG
Like clockwork - admin assistant wants to work from home next few days....
aTm2004
AG
hodgesco said:

Time to rename Kingwood from "The Liveable Forest" to the "Upper-middle Class 100 Year Floodplain"

We got like 4+" in an hour. Very few places can handle that amount of rain without streets flooding, especially twice in 5 days and with super saturated grounds.
MelvinUdall
Gig-Em2003 said:

Maybe she is tired of you grabbing her a**? #meeeetttttooooo
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
everybody get their rain storm bingo cards, Admin Debby already asking to work remotely. I cant wait for the 6 o'clock news!
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Gig-Em2003 said:

Let's guess her name. My first guess is Sherry. My second is Brenda. My third is Pamela.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
hodgesco said:

Gig-Em2003 said:

Let's guess her name. My first guess is Sherry. My second is Brenda. My third is Pamela.
Angela, Pamela, Sandra and Rita
Mucho austin
AG
Luckily the feeder road I was on was blocked in front of a bar. So I parked and wandered on in.

Not a great bar by any means but better than sitting in 10inches of water.

59 Hangout if anyone knows where that is. Hah. Dos XX tastes the same though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.