Houston
Sponsored by

Finna storm

55,356 Views | 376 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by P.H. Dexippus
bigjag19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No floods in my neighborhood for 30 years until a random heavy rain in mid May 2015. 15 houses flooded. Half had insurance. Flood plains change. A lot.
swimmerbabe11
Is it over?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Supposed to be more overnight and into tomorrow evening, but the worst is over.
LostInLA07
AG
I think I'm going to have to water yard
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Boo Weekley said:

MAS444 said:

My house has never flooded so flood insurance is a waste of money...said no one ever who ultimately flooded.
You guys have scared me into looking into flood insurance, but it seems like there are some homes in the town, where if they flood, we are all royally f***ed and the city would never be even close to the same again. If certain areas of the heights or surrounding areas that have never come close to flooding, flood, that means much of the city was wiped out, time for everyone to pack up and leave, right?

I would think the type of flood to flood a home that barely got water in the yard during the worst storms to ever hit Houston would wipe out the city. I guess it would still be good to have flood insurance though so you could rebuild in a different city.

Some heights homes flooded during Memorial Day flood because storm sewers backed up with trash. Literally one of the highest elevations inside 610.

All it takes is a 50 year old storm sewer to collapse and now you have 6 inches of water in your house because you got a downpour rate of 6-8 inches per hour. Which multiple parts of Houston got last night.

Maybe just for a few hours but everything 4 feet and under will be gutted to dry properly.

It's your money but a sprinkler goes haywire next to your living room and floods that. Homeowners doesn't cover that. Only flood.
Pool overflows into house, etc etc
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Suns out on the west end if Galveston
Anti-taxxer
AG
Twister is on on Lifetime.
tk for tu juan
smango05 said:

It debuted 23 years ago today.
Anti-taxxer
AG
tk for tu juan said:

smango05 said:

It debuted 23 years ago today.

Holy shut. I feel old.
Ciboag96
Hope you sunsabeeches enjoy this week of sun/partial sun before the next big wave of global climate change drops on you like the ol' Kissin Bandits under-teet sweat after a sprint from 1st base to center field.

mm98
AG
We are playing in the PVF golf tournament tomorrow in Kingwood. Was thinking for sure it was cancelled but it's on. Crazy given all the rain they got.
Ag2Max
AG
Do any of you live in Cinco Ranch Greenway Village in Katy near S. Mason and Piper Terrace Lane just north of Fry Road?

I was curious if there was hail in this area last Thursday night and if so how bad was it? I am hoping no as i heard that Grand Lakes had some hail and that neighborhood is not too far from Greenway Village.

Thanks for any info you can provide.
BrazosDog02
AG
Hey, email in profile if you want some More info but my hail data says yes. Having inspected some roofing in that area, the answer is maybe but probably not. It's really hit or miss ....
94chem
More info on Elm Grove, Kingwood

Sad situation. Lina Hidalgo says a disaster can't be declared unless $40M in uninsured losses occurred, so these people don't have any access to FEMA funds, get less federal tax abatement, etc. These are mostly $150K - 200K homes that flooded.

You can still easily be out $50K even with flood insurance, so just a reminder to be vigilant about what scofflaws are doing in your backyard.
Shawdaddy
AG
I'm near there, and we did get some sustained hail for 10-15 minutes. It was somewhere between pea and grape sized. Didn't seem to do much damage to anything in the neighborhood - to my untrained eye at least. Some friends just a few miles West of us got some significantly larger hail.
Cromagnum
AG
Tennessee and N Carolina got shafted.

aTm2004
AG
Looks like a top heavy fatty with her arm on the bar.
Diggity
AG
You truly paint a picture!
CDUB98
AG
Cromagnum said:

Tennessee and N Carolina got shafted.

Technically, a reach around.
Ag_07
AG
aTm2004 said:

Maybe my standards are a bit too low but that ain't a fatty.
Cromagnum
AG
aTm2004 said:

Bigole cans
94chem
Ag_07 said:

aTm2004 said:

Utah should be all over that, but they can't.
aTm2004
AG
Ag_07 said:

aTm2004 said:

If your "ain't a fatty" has a beer gut, I'd hate to see what would qualify.
goodAg80
AG
94chem said:

Ag_07 said:

aTm2004 said:

Utah should be all over that, but they can't.
Rio Grande Valley might end up eating it.
Ag2Max
AG
Thanks Shawdaddy. That is helpful info!!
94chem
schmellba99 said:

My God, give it up. Even the Germanic tribes and the Gauls knew when the Romans had beaten them, you'd think you'd have learned from the last thread that you should never speak on this subject again with your drivel.

Tony Buzbee's response to drivel
schmellba99
AG
Back to my previous statement - give it up. Your argument that sand mines are the sole cause of flooding in Kingwood (well, except for the fact that those Conroe folks are out to get you and flooded precious Kingwood out of spite anyway) is old, tired and has been beat down a million times over by facts.

I'm not against tightening up restrictions on any pits or mines, but they aren't the entire source of your problem either. And, so far, nothing you have proposed is anything remotely realistic or will do more than delay a catastrophic flood more than a few minutes.

Here's a bit of real world information - riverine systems are constantly changing and no amount of money or whining will change that fact. Silt deposition happens. River channels change. Floods happen. Timber blocks happen. During times of drought banks often cave in. Anything downstream is affected by these changes. It's kind of how Mother Nature works, but I'm sure you'll find something else to be the debbil soon enough.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
LOL. An attention-seeking plaintiffs' lawyer-turned-politician doing a photo op is a refutation? I guess the science is settled.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.