Houston
Sponsored by

Poker rooms raided

20,385 Views | 117 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Diggity
Boo Weekley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Panama Red said:

Quote:

She's fairly attractive,

Know how I know you like dudes?
FWIW, she's a dime piece compared to Mayor Parker and her hubs...

Panama Red
AG
Parker's old lady has solid rack. Would suckle.
David_Puddy
Al Bula
AG
HtownAg92 said:

Panama Red said:

Quote:

She's fairly attractive,

Know how I know you like dudes?
Come on - think back 25 years. And I didn't say hot, I said "fairly attractive".
this is why I come to Texags. It's not every day you get to post on a message board with a dude who has rubbed one out to Kim Ogg.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Turns out he was also on Ogg's payroll for legal financial council despite not being a lawyer. So Ogg was employing someone that was employed by someone else to influence her.
Was he paid by her campaign or actually hired on at the DA's office?
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

fairly attractive, but has the butchy mannerisms, walk, etc.
That describes a lot of female former ADA's.
RoamingGnome
Report said he had a contract through 2020 to work with white collar crimes as a "consultant." He is technically an employee of the da.

Dismissing a criminal case for a conflict of interest is bogus. Conflicts happen all the time (especially when a new da comes in). The normal process is to hand the case to an attorney pro tem (independent outside prosecutor).

This looks to be the beginning of a scandal.
Diggity
AG
This "consultant" working for the city and these poker rooms has a background as a...rug liquidator.

Seems like a natural fit!

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/Business-owner-pulls-the-rug-out-from-traditional-5904987.php

https://about.me/amir.mireskandari

He also appears to have ties to or run about 10 different ambiguousky described companies. Nothing shady there at all.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
Diggity said:

This "consultant" working for the city and these poker rooms has a background as a...rug liquidator.

Seems like a natural fit!

It sounds like DA Ogg is quite the rug liquidator herself
Diggity
AG
lick-quidator was the joke there
JYDog90
AG
HtownAg92 said:

Boo Weekley said:

So glad the lesbians in my dreams look nothing like Kim Ogg.

Twenty-some-odd years ago I dated a girl who worked for Rusty Hardin and we went to a campaign event for Kim Ogg's run for judge. Rusty and all the big-time former DA's all backed her because at that time, she was just all hard-a pro-law, victim's rights, etc. I didn't know her or anything about her, but free booze.

So it doesn't take long to discover she is gay. She's fairly attractive, but has the butchy mannerisms, walk, etc. There was this other blonde chick working the room that was pretty much a bombshell. We asked who she was and found out she was the girlfriend. Total lipstick lez. My girlfriend was ready to convert.

That picture above shows the cruelty of time and age.

/csb
Martin Q. Blank
Lawsuit dropped.
https://abc13.com/lawsuit-dropped-against-upscale-houston-poker-room/5453220/
Post removed:
by user
Diggity
AG
some uncharacteristically good reporting by the Chronicle. This story links Ogg, Hidalgo, Turner, etc.

There seem to be quite a few Tilman connections as well. Somehow the meetings would always take place at one of his operations and one of the Fertitta boys represents Prime Social Club. Could be a coincidence I suppose.

Quote:

Fertitta said the Prime Social owners concluded they had been duped after meeting with Mayor Sylvester Turner on Dec. 18 at Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse. Co-owner David Nguyen said the club delivered a PowerPoint presentation of its business model, and afterwards he asked the mayor about progress on the ordinance.

"He started laughing and said 'you got scammed; there's nothing like that on the agenda,'" Nguyen recalled.

Turner, through a spokesman, repeatedly said he has no recollection of such a meeting and has never considered proposing a gambling ordinance.

Turner's schedule for Dec. 18 includes an item labeled "private lunch meeting" at Vic & Anthony's. The newspaper emailed the mayor's office a photograph of Turner and Prime Social co-owner Brandon Jimenez that Nguyen said was taken at the restaurant.

"Mayor Turner, who takes photos with members of the public virtually every day, does not recall where or when this photo was taken, or with whom," replied Alan Bernstein, the mayor's communications director.
The old "I have no recollection" excuse made popular by Clear & Present Danger

Quote:

Mireskandari, who records show provided free office space to the campaignof County Judge Lina Hidalgo, later sought her help to be named to Houston's bid committee for the 2026 World Cup. After he was passed over, he sent a text message to Hidalgo's chief of staff in April, which was obtained by the Chronicle, to express his "dismay and disappointment of getting the royal run around on the FIFA issue."
Thanks for helping get Lina elected you a-hole!

Quote:

They say they were approached by Wilson, with Mireskandari's help, between late 2017 and late 2018. In addition to Prime Social, they included the Post Oak Poker Club and two clubs that never opened.

One was a lounge to be opened by businessman Ali Davoudi and restaurateur Lucky Chopra at a Midtown building Chopra owns. The other was a potential club at the Magic Island dinner theater off U.S. 59, which is owned and being remodeled by Houston physician Mohammad Athari.

In interviews, each group described a similar pitch: for $250,000 they would receive a city license or be protected by a city ordinance regulating poker clubs. Prime Social and Davoudi paid Wilson. Post Oak and Athari did not.
Sounds like Lucky was planning a poker club where Mr. People's used to be. Probably not a bad idea. Take some of that business away from 2222 Smith.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Houston-poker-club-DA-consultant-trade-14435780.php

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.