Houston
Sponsored by

Truth BBQ coming to Houston

14,525 Views | 120 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BBRex
Al Bula
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RM1993 said:

94chem said:

I like Tin Roof in Atascocita. Brisket is $18.50/lb. I don't buy plates any more. I just get 3/4th lb of meat and enjoy it. Cheaper than a 12 oz ribeye at Texas Roadhouse.
Who the hell uses Texas Roadhouse as a measuring stick for anything food related?
apparently you are a peasant and don't know anything about upscale establishments like Texas Roadhouse. Jokes on you!
Liquid Wrench
RM1993 said:

94chem said:

I like Tin Roof in Atascocita. Brisket is $18.50/lb. I don't buy plates any more. I just get 3/4th lb of meat and enjoy it. Cheaper than a 12 oz ribeye at Texas Roadhouse.
Who the hell uses Texas Roadhouse as a measuring stick for anything food related?
As an amateur literary critic, I am trained to refrain from substituting my own interpretations for the substance of the text; but I believe the author of that post was including the Texas Roadhouse reference in order to provide a working context of relative affordability.
Post removed:
by user
BMX Bandit
opens this weekend.

TitanAGGIE09
AG
Ate there for lunch. Fantastic
themissinglink
AG
TitanAGGIE09 said:

Ate there for lunch. Fantastic
How was the line for lunch during the week?
TitanAGGIE09
AG
I got there right at 11:40 and was eating by 12:40. Line imo wasn't very long at all but was moving very slow. Line started out the door and down to the left if you're looking at the building, but it did not loop back. Probably 50 people in line at best, but a lot of these are ording in groups and not one by one. I've been in longer lines at corkscrew but at least they have 2 cashiers/order takers. Probably moves about the speed of Killens. That being said I had no complaints waiting. They did have a second cashier setup but it was not open.

It was delicious and you can tell everyone is new. Manager was super nice when I talked to him.

Parking lot was maxed and I saw Uber/lyft dropping off as well as people walking up to it. That being said the sitting capacity was at best at 50%. They can hold far more than can easily park around there

I'd put their brisket almost on par with corkscrew and the pork ribs were by far the best I've had in Houston to this point. Jalapeo cheddar sausage was good too. To me this in on par with corkscrew, Tejas and above killens, pit room and Roegels. But I wouldnt turn down any of those.

Now if Daddy Duncan will just open their brick and mortar storefront in Katy all will be good with the world
ccolley68
AG
I hope it lives up to the billing, it's walking distance from my office. I had to do some work on Monday and thought I'd skip over for lunch, but they were either closed for MLK, or already sold out when I got there at 11:45ish.

Tried Pinkertons for the first time last week. It was pretty good, but not earth shattering. Does have a great hill country vibe to it though. But my wife brought me left over Killen's a while back, and the Killen's brisket left over was better than Pinkerton's fresh. Good enough for return trips though.
BMX Bandit
Most spots closed on Monday's
TitanAGGIE09
AG
The best thing at pinkertons is their ribs and the jalapeo bread they use for their sandwiches.
PremierAg
AG
That bread is likely from Sheila Partin's Sweet Mesquite Bakery.

I remember chasing the source down a few years back when a lot of people were using those buns. It's costly, but you can order direct for pickup from the bakery if you need more than say two dozen.

www.sbakery.com

schmendeler
AG
PremierAg said:

That bread is likely from Sheila Partin's Sweet Mesquite Bakery.

I remember chasing the source down a few years back when a lot of people were using those buns. It's costly, but you can order direct for pickup from the bakery if you need more than say two dozen.

www.sbakery.com

those are so good with a quality burger patty.
AG
Closed on Mondays.
Liquid Wrench
23 said:

Closed on Mondays.
That's when I get in line.
fullback44
AG

Who owns Truth BBQ? Curious
fullback44
AG

Nicer mind .. Lenard Bartello Jr.. Aggie grad
BBRex
AG
I've been to Corkscrew maybe three times now and Killen's about the same. I definitely think, overall, Killen's has the edge. That said, I hope to get to Truth soon.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.