Houston
Sponsored by

Please Don't Vote Straight Ticket

5,360 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mose Schrute
Liquid Wrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I hate it when local discussion board discuss local topics!

Best burger OTL trill yo swangaz purple drank?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Best burger OTL trill yo swangaz purple drank?
Nope! To the Food & Spirits Board!
terradactylexpress
Yeah, Republican fear mongering and fake news belong here
Liquid Wrench
What's the "fake news?"

I think we have different ideas of "fear mongering."
randy828
AG
randy828 said:

I did not vote straight ticket and the only judge I know and voted for was the family judge who I have had to go in front of.

Twice I won without using a lawyer...a judge that actually used common sense and reading comprehension..unlike the lawyer I argued against. So I think highly of that judge and voted for that person.

Most of the other judges I didn't have a clue, so usually went Republican.
My family judge lost.
96AgGrad
AG
My cousin the appellate court judge lost. She has been nationally recognized as being a top caliber judge - and now she's out. Considering most of the Houston area appeals are resolved at her level, this was a big hit.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I have an appeal pending in the 1st on religious liberty grounds. Just lost 2 of my 3 judge panel.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
The Wonderer
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

I have an appeal pending in the 1st on religious liberty grounds. Just lost 2 of my 3 judge panel.
HtownAg92
AG
This is why we shouldn't elect appellate justices. I know that in theory we "elect" our federal appellate justices through our choices of representatives and President, but you have to be extremely accomplished to get on the short list for those appointments. These state court candidates just needed to win a low turnout primary (possibly unopposed) and have a "D" next to their name yesterday. Now they will be shaping the rule of law for our state.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
the pendulum swings both ways.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Unfortunately for the judiciary, Harris County probably isn't swinging back to red any time soon.
White Liberals=The Worst
hodgesco said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

Unfortunately for the judiciary, Harris County probably isn't swinging back to red any time soon.
Harris and Fort Bend are done for good. Liberalism is a cancer. It is not bad yet, but will certainly get worse and worse over the years. Thanks Beto you f-ing loser.
David_Puddy
AG
Wycliffe_03 said:

hodgesco said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

Harris and Fort Bend are done for good. Liberalism is a cancer. It is not bad yet, but will certainly get worse and worse over the years. Thanks Beto you f-ing loser.

Yep, I've embraced the diversity of Harris County, but Jesus Christ this is just embarrassing. I don't give a f-ck if she's an immigrant, she's simply not qualified for this job. It's essentially the same as a company hiring someone with a good degree and acouple of internships to be a COO of a billion dollar company.
94chem
Y'all keep talking about what this wet-behind-the-ears county judge will do next time there's a flood.

Ahem, we're still in the middle of trying to fix the CURRENT $100 billion disaster. For example, we have a giant sand bar blocking the entrance of Lake Houston. It can't be removed because some bureaucrat noticed that there's a tree on it. It's an invasive Chinese tallow tree. This is one of many examples where we will rue the day that we put an inexperienced social worker in charge of making government work at the county level.
White Liberals=The Worst
94chem said:

Y'all keep talking about what this wet-behind-the-ears county judge will do next time there's a flood.

Ahem, we're still in the middle of trying to fix the CURRENT $100 billion disaster. For example, we have a giant sand bar blocking the entrance of Lake Houston. It can't be removed because some bureaucrat noticed that there's a tree on it. It's an invasive Chinese tallow tree. This is one of many examples where we will rue the day that we put an inexperienced social worker in charge of making government work at the county level.
Goodness liberals are a joke. That is insane.
Liquid Wrench
Back during the primaries in March, I was wondering why Democrats couldn't field more serious candidates, given the realistic possibility that they would actually win. The local Dems may not have even seen this coming.
David_Puddy
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Back during the primaries in March, I was wondering why Democrats couldn't field more serious candidates, given the realistic possibility that they would actually win. The local Dems may not have even seen this coming.

Yeah, I'm sure a lot of them woke up this morning including her, and said "oh sh-t, I actually got this job," followed by a large gulp.
Mose Schrute
AG
His replacement seems well qualified.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.