Houston
Sponsored by

Staycation Houston hotel question

6,749 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by FarmerJohn
AggieTJ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why not resurrect this one...
My own needs are to treat mama to a pre-mothers day Saturday staycation. Spa needs to be great, and need a good pool lounging/day drinking area afterwards. Don't care about an on-site restaurant because we can Uber anywhere for dinner. Don't care about in-room hot tubs either.

Marriott Marquis seems like the obvious choice - I've been to conferences there and I like it, but never stayed there - but that day pass they offer to the public just has me fearful of a bunch of PSB'ers making the pool experience awful. I do like the cabanas, so maybe that could help offset any crowds.
Any thoughts?

The Post Oak is nice. We've been to dinner there before with drinks afterwards. Pool seems tiny though. Not sure about the spa.

ZaZa has been done before. Not really looking that way.

Houstonian seems like the dark horse. What's it like now? Is the old new again? She's been to Trellis before, so the spa experience won't be new to her, but that may not matter. I've been to a Trellis too. They do a good job. How's the pool at Houstonian for day drinking on a Saturday?

Any other recommendations?
Marvin_Zindler
AG
We did a weekend at the St Regis during the rodeo last spring and loved it for a staycation. We did the Houstonian for our anniversary last year (wife was 8 months pregnant) and were not incredibly impressed.
water turkey
"Day drinking just enough to do really kinky **** but not enough for your wife to pass out...it's a thin line between I can't believe we just did that and jerking off yourself.

buy her drinks wisely."

Like bringing the space shuttle back into the atmosphere. If your calculations aren't exact, you will bounce off into space or burn up on re-entry.
BarryProfit
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Day drinking just enough to do really kinky **** but not enough for your wife to pass out...it's a thin line between I can't believe we just did that and jerking off yourself.

buy her drinks wisely.
this may be one of the best posts in the history of the innernets for married men with kids.
trestamu
AG
Not to hijack the thread. I'm keen on the responses as I'm looking a similar route albeit I don't think it's a stretch to include Galveston hotels in the fray. Been looking at the Tremont or Galvez to do something a little different and get out of Houston.
BigPuma
AG
Keep in mind since the Trmont and Galvez are both owned by I think Wyndham you can use the pool at either.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Tremont house is a cool property.
FarmerJohn
AG
Vote here for Tremont. Being away from the beach, slightly reduces the tourist crowd. Also, it's a very interesting property with comfortable rooms.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.