Houston
Sponsored by

Staycation Houston hotel question

6,736 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by FarmerJohn
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking for a nice hotel that has a clawfoot bathtub or an oversized jacuzzi one. Not the typical crap jacuzzi ones that are just standard size tubs.

Would also be nice if the hotel has a restaurant on site, but not a deal breaker. Any suggestions?
bhah

AggieWonWon
Dont be cheap go somewhere out of Houston.
AustinCountyAg
AggieWonWon said:

We have newborn twins.... we don't have the time to fly somewhere or to go somewhere for a weekend. We are simply looking for one night alone without screaming babies so that we can relax.

Thanks for the suggetion
SockDePot
Houstonian...EOT

Tubs aren't special or anything, but amenities and atmosphere are top notch.

Book the spa romance package and upgrade to concierge level.

All aboard, next stop pound town.
Agasaurus Tex
AG
Check out the San Luis in Galveston or their villas if you really want to upgrade.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Hotel icon
Lancaster
Zaza
88jrt06
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

AggieWonWon said:

We have newborn twins.... we don't have the time to fly somewhere or to go somewhere for a weekend. We are simply looking for one night alone without screaming babies so that we can relax.

Thanks for the suggetion

GOOD GOD. Someone please help this man. I'll vouch for Austin County folks, and this is borderline emergency.
-Twins-
PS...if Houstonian's up/running, two thumbs up. Spring for a couples massage at the Spa.
bularry
I like ZaZa, good restaurant and bar on site
Caliber
AG
Hotel icon
Tom Hagen
AG
Marriott Marquis

schmendeler
AG
It's been a while but we enjoyed the magnolia in the past.
helloag99
About 10 years ago the Hobby airport hilton had full size hot tubs in a few suites. Sadly, it looks like they have remodeled and removed the hot tubs.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Tremont has clawfoot tubs. Also has a sweet root top bar. Careful or you will end up with another 1 or 2.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Tremont is always a good place if you want to trek to Galveston.

If you just want to be sure the room has a good tub, the JW Marriott downtown has the tubs you're looking for in their rooms. Just make sure you don't get the cheapest room.
NoahAg
Not sure about clawfoot tubs, but the Embassy Suites downtown is actually pretty nice. Also a couples of options in the Woodlands, if your wife wants to do some shopping. Nice walking around the waterway.
bevokilla
AG
We got upgraded at the JW Marriott downtown and it was really nice
Boo Weekley
NoahAg said:

Not sure about clawfoot tubs, but the Embassy Suites downtown is actually pretty nice. Also a couples of options in the Woodlands, if your wife wants to do some shopping. Nice walking around the waterway.
Market Street is not a bad suggestion at all. The Hyatt there is nice and you can walk to all types of boutique shops, restaurants and bars. Can't remember what type of baths they had but the shower was nice and you can definitely fornicate anywhere inside your assigned room. It's a solid hotel to fornicate in.
AustinCountyAg
this is actually what I have it narrowed down to.....staying at the westin in the Woodlands, or trying out the new Stella Hotel in College Station
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Day drinking just enough to do really kinky **** but not enough for your wife to pass out...it's a thin line between I can't believe we just did that and jerking off yourself.

buy her drinks wisely.
MAROON
AG
this is where you need to go - one hour from Houston - five star restaurant as well.

http://www.dosbrisas.com/
jetch17
AG
been years since we stayed at Granduca, but it was always nice. Just be courteous to any Nigerian princes or foreign officials that may be wandering the property ... short distance to the water wall too, which should be your only real destination.
bularry
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Day drinking just enough to do really kinky **** but not enough for your wife to pass out...it's a thin line between I can't believe we just did that and jerking off yourself.

buy her drinks wisely.
yep, that all important "line" every married man knows about. get her near, but not over!!!
Finn Maccumhail
AG
bularry said:

buy her drinks wisely.
yep, that all important "line" every married man knows about. get her near, but not over!!!

That's why it's important to christen the room as soon as you check in. Then go out and do whatever and come back for another round.
The Milkman
AG
MAROON said:

this is where you need to go - one hour from Houston - five star restaurant as well.

http://www.dosbrisas.com/

Wow I just looked this place up. Never heard of it... very nice but prices are insane
Jock 07
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

this is actually what I have it narrowed down to.....staying at the westin in the Woodlands, or trying out the new Stella Hotel in College Station

You're trying entirely too hard. But be sure to ask about what kind of floppy hat you should get for the rodeo while you're there, or whatever other stupid Houston board troll pops into your cranium next.
jja79
AG
Can't believe people reply seriously to his threads.
AustinCountyAg
I apologize that my "troll" posts about the HLSR hit so close to home for some. I was just joking around. I didn't realize that it offended some people. My apologies to all the Houstonians.

What I find sad is that I assumed everyone would recognize my rodeo posts as troll post as being just that. I didn't think people actually thought I was being serious. I didn't realize every single post on the Houston board was serious. Once again I apologize to all Houstonians and I promise to never make another joke about all the people who go buy 20x silver belly's and wear them once a year at the rodeo.

....and fwiw this thread is very much serious. I was looking for a place to take the wife for a one night getaway. We don't have many options in Industry.
jja79
AG
Your trolls aren't limited to HLSR threads so it's just assumed they're always a troll. This one fits the bill.
Aggiemike96
AG
Looks like I'm not the only one noticing the trolling.
GoAgs92
AG
Magnolia hotel is pretty good, free happy hour, free cookies at night....but there is no jacuzzi in the standard room and you'd be lucky to fit one person in the tub let alone two...unless you are little people then have at it.
Fall92
AG
Another vote for the Granduca.
Ragoo
AG
we've done Zaza by the MoNS and Galvez. I would do either again and chill out by the pool with drinks, then head out for dinner and more drinks.
Cardiag
AG
Hotel Icon. Stayed there a few time. The rooms I've been in all had a tub with window in the wall where you can watch TV.
88jrt06
AG

buy her drinks wisely.
WISDOM here.
The line is so fine....
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.