Houston
Sponsored by

Traffic

27,269 Views | 243 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AlaskanAg99
BowSowy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

HWY 6 needs to be elevated through the reservoirs with a cloverleaf at 10. This **** is rediculi. And 290 is beyond a nightmare. It's the fast lane straight to the lower depths of Dante's Inferno.
You're complaining about 290, presumably because of the construction, but then want them to undertake another major road construction project.
Dan Scott
AG
Stay home today. Traffic is awful today. 45 is backed up all the way to Spring
AlaskanAg99
AG
BowSowy said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

HWY 6 needs to be elevated through the reservoirs with a cloverleaf at 10. This **** is rediculi. And 290 is beyond a nightmare. It's the fast lane straight to the lower depths of Dante's Inferno.
You're complaining about 290, presumably because of the construction, but then want them to undertake another major road construction project.

Short term pains for long term gains. Good luck to anyone on the roads today.
aTm '99
CDUB98
AG
This morning was fun.
mpreisler
AG
I took S Piney Point to get south of the bayou this morning anyone know of any other roads that may be available besides this and 610. Heard a rumor that Voss and maybe Chimney Rock were open as well.
CDUB98
AG
mpreisler said:

I took S Piney Point to get south of the bayou this morning anyone know of any other roads that may be available besides this and 610. Heard a rumor that Voss and maybe Chimney Rock were open as well.

Heard through the grape vine to stay far away from Chimney Rock.
The Milkman
AG
CDUB98 said:

mpreisler said:

Heard through the grape vine to stay far away from Chimney Rock.

Do not take chimney rock. It's been open for a while, but it's very very bad.
spider96
AG
Last time I tried taking Bering to Woodway to 610. Then I caught the ramps on 610 to get to i-10.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
It's a mess out there today
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
BlitzBrother
Going from The Woodlands in the morning to the Galleria - Hardy to 610 around and exit Wesheimer - Anybody make this route today - Give it a go or stay home ?
Dan Scott
AG
Avoid 610. Try 45 to 59 south and go to the galleria the back way.

I live at the Galleria and drive to the Woodlands for work. This morning 610 was backed up all the way to 45 from the Galleria which then cause 45 to backup all the way to spring.
BlitzBrother
Dan thanks ! - I have seen you post before on Investment and Business board , what type work do you do ?
spider96
AG
You could just slit your wrists now and save yourself the trouble tomorrow morning when you spend 3 hours making that drive.
fairviewcrew
It was absolutely crazy in Memorial Villages this evening with everyone trying to cut through. It took me 15 minutes to get from downtown to Bunker Hill, then it took me 50 minutes to get from bunker hill to 2.5 miles to my house.
BlitzBrother
Home office it is !
Dill-Ag13
AG
ITL probs
CheeseSndwch
Wow, what a **** show getting home from the corridor tonight.
SlackerAg
AG
It's gonna be 2 more weeks of this sh/t before the water's gone.
Jeff Linder's radio interview today targeted September 15th (next Friday):

Tuesday Updates On Addicks & Barker Reservoirs

SJEAg
AG
All the schools reopening next week should further improve things.
TomballAg83
AG
I drive from Cypress (290/99) to LaPorte every weekday for work. As bad as it is now next week will be hellacious.
Your Friend
At least they opened all main lanes of Katy frwy at Eldridge this am. That helped
FHKChE07
AG
Hopefully as the release rates continue to drop until Sept 15, more roads will open up.

This model shows the predicted flood zones day by day.

http://ceswg.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=c0f618733c7b45709232f52c14f608df

For Addicks Reservoir Roads:

-Looks like 6 and Eldridge through Addicks will both be closed until at least September 16. A
-Barker - Cypress by September 7
-Clay road not by September 16
-Out of neighborhoods by September 11

For Barker Reservoir Roads:

-Looks like Westheimer Parkway will be uncovered on September 15
-Out of neighborhoods by September 9

For Buffalo Bayou Crossings:

-Looks like 6 at Barker will be closed through September 12
-Eldridge through September 15
-Dairy Ashford by September 11
-Kirkwood by September 16
-Wilcrest by September 16
-Beltway by September 15
-Gessner after September 16
-Piney Point / Voss is open
-Out of all neighborhoods will probably take a few more days after they finish dropping the rates to allow for the water in neighborhoods to drain the water in the streets and homes.

None of this accounts for cleanup and/or damage repair to the roads or bridges. Just water height. And accounts for essentially no rain (1") for the next 7 days and no estimate for rain after that period.

You can look through the map if you like and make your own conclusions.
Rule Number 32
AG
TomballAg83 said:

I drive from Cypress (290/99) to LaPorte every weekday for work. As bad as it is now next week will be hellacious.
TomballAg, how long does that drive take on a normal day? Just curious.
CDUB98
AG
CheeseSndwch said:

Wow, what a **** show getting home from the corridor tonight.

TomballAg83
AG
Rule Number 32 - I generally work a flexible schedule so I leave home around 4:20 am and I get to La Porte in less than an hour. If I leave by 3 pm I can usually get home around 4:30. I will say that some days are brutal. Accidents and/or bad weather make for a brutal commute. I start watching traffic around 1 pm to plan my route home.
TP Ag '87
AG
How would I get from Cypress to Sugar Land later next week? Best guess.
kelkel25
TomballAg83 said:

Rule Number 32 - I generally work a flexible schedule so I leave home around 4:20 am and I get to La Porte in less than an hour. If I leave by 3 pm I can usually get home around 4:30. I will say that some days are brutal. Accidents and/or bad weather make for a brutal commute. I start watching traffic around 1 pm to plan my route home.
I drive from 99/Champion Forest to 225/8, I always thought I had the worst drive. I'm same as you as far as flex time, and I don't go to the office every day. Rain and/or the inevitable 18 wheeler/dump truck wreck on the east side makes for some really rough drives. Good thing is multiple ways to go.
rhoswen
AG
TP Ag '87 said:

How would I get from Cypress to Sugar Land later next week? Best guess.

Helicopter.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
CH13 just reported that TxDOT/HCTRA are about to begin pumping water out of the beltway between I-10 and Briar Forest. Hopefully it happens fast.
CDUB98
AG
hodgesco said:

CH13 just reported that TxDOT/HCTRA are about to begin pumping water out of the beltway between I-10 and Briar Forest. Hopefully it happens fast.

Took them long enough.
Ag_07
AG
CDUB98 said:

hodgesco said:

Took them long enough.

Seriously. That could've been solved with just a few hours of pumping.
Chewy
AG
Where are they going to pump that water to? Isn't it just sitting at level with everything else flowing out of the reservoir and water is being held back so more bridges don't flood?

I'm only joking in saying this but considering the length of time to drain the reservoirs and the crazy traffic on the West side I almost feel like they should give everyone between Westheimer and I-10 24 hours to get to higher ground and just let the water flow to get the roads back to normal sooner than later.

When school goes back in session next week it's going to be chaotic.
Ag_07
AG
Chewy said:

Where are they going to pump that water to?

Buffalo Bayou...Everyone else is doing it.

But really there's a huge retention basin at I-10/BW that easily hold that water. It's not much water. It's just that it's a low spot and once the water receded there was no way for it get out.
Chewy
AG
That rentention basin isn't full? I figured it was full of water or old furniture by now.

If it's empty then pump away to at least see if there's retention wall damage of any kind.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
That retention pond drains to Rummell Creek and I believe it is basically empty at this point.

In talking to friends that live between Memorial and Bohem, TxDOT has slow rolled the drainage because (1) Buffalo was full and they did not want the appearance of exasperating the problem, (2) lack of ability to move resources into place and (3) potential structural damage from the sinkhole that opened up along with structural wall near Bohem.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.