Houston
Sponsored by

Traffic

27,184 Views | 243 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AlaskanAg99
Sazerac
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
from the article:
"The road was replaced to its original state, but the repairs behind the wall should prevent water from getting beneath the roadway at this location," says Tyler. "Additional work will be performed behind the wall to try to prevent this type of failure in the future."

I just assumed having the road at lower grade than the bayou that this was expected....like that happens at the I10 feeder under BW8. Interesting. Hope it can stay open next time this happens.

Pretty amazing that this was done in 5 days also. Kudos to whoever greenlighted and fast tracked this project.
Caliber
AG
Projected road reopening dates:

http://www.houstontranstar.org/docs/harris_county_projected_road_reopenings.aspx
Your Friend
Still terrible. What gives?
YellAg2004
AG
6 being closed through addicks really screws 290-Sam houston-10. Once that opens back up, things will get back to their normal level of suck.
Liquid Wrench
I was wondering yesterday if people are still taking alternate routes even though roads have opened back up.
FHKChE07
AG
Since 6 and Eldridge still haven't opened it causes a lot of delays still.
CDUB98
AG
Your Friend said:

Still terrible. What gives?

You touch Puddy at night.
txags92
AG
Brad06ag said:

http://www.houstontranstar.org/docs/harris_county_projected_road_reopenings.aspx

That webpage would be much more useful if it actually provided information about projected reopenings instead of just telling us which roads are currently closed.
sts7049
AG
eldridge was reopened then closed again because of last night's rain
Caliber
AG
It did show the projected dates before Mondays rains...
AgCPA95
AG
Brad06ag said:

It did show the projected dates before Mondays rains...
Yep. I know Highway 6 north of 10 said something to the effect of "by September 20th"
AlaskanAg99
AG
HWY 6 should be clear of water today, then needs to be cleaned up and certified as useable. It's just crazy that it's not built high enough to be above the 100yr flood plain but whatever. I hope by Monday it's fully open.
aTm '99
FHKChE07
BigPuma
CDUB98
AG
CheeseSndwch
IH-10 KATY Eastbound and Westbound from IH-45 NORTH to IH-69 EASTEX closed continuously from Friday, September 22, 2017 8:00 PM to Monday, September 25, 2017 5:00 AM.
mnetop
AG
Brad06ag said:

Thanks for this link. Eldridge now shows open between Diary Ashford and Clay. Now I can take my normal route to work again!
Ag_07
AG
Prepare thy anus

6 years of traffic nightmare near Galleria

610 and 59 interchange to get makeover starting in January
CDUB98
AG
Ag_07 said:

Prepare thy anus

6 years of traffic nightmare near Galleria

610 and 59 interchange to get makeover starting in January

Quote:

One major ramp that will not be widened is the US-59 southbound ramp to the 610 West Loop northbound. TxDOT spokesperson Danny Perez told us that ramp will not be touched, due to right of way constraints.

So, one of the worst spots will get nothing. Cool.
Dan Scott
AG
Seems like a lot of time and money spent on project that will have little impact.
The Wonderer
AG
Looks like I'll be driving the south, east, and north 610 lanes to get to my place at 610/290.

Jesus.
jamaggie06
AG
As best I can tell from my travels and using that interchange routinely since I moved back to Houston in 2012 is, the one and only portion of the interchange that actually needs to be upgraded, won't be.

Though, I guess, the article didn't say that they weren't expanding 59 Nbound to 610 North, which is another clustereff, so if they fix that, I guess they resolve one issue.
BigPuma
AG
yep. Sure as **** can't take 45/59 when they start that re-route through downtown
The Wonderer
AG
BigPuma said:

yep. Sure as **** can't take 45/59 when they start that re-route through downtown
Oh **** these projects going on simultaneously.
Texags is garbage
Quote:

One major ramp that will not be widened is the US-59 southbound ramp to the 610 West Loop northbound. TxDOT spokesperson Danny Perez told us that ramp will not be touched, due to right of way constraints.

Absolutely pointless to take on a 6 year project without addressing this. Got to love the Government. I guess TXDot is where some people go to gain experience before entering the private sector.
Ag_07
AG
I just can't fathom how that's gonna take 6 years. The widening of i-10 didn't take 6 years. Did it?

This one interchange
The Wonderer
AG
Ag_07 said:

I just can't fathom how that's gonna take 6 years. The widening of i-10 didn't take 6 years. Did it?

This one interchange
No, it took like 10; felt like 20.
sts7049
AG
6 is the plan, but i think they will likely go after the incentives to finish "early" in 5 or whatever
Cromagnum
AG
I like how they want to start this when 290, 45, and 288 south are all still jacked up from projects. Can't they finish some **** before making the situation worse?
lostrg
I seriously consider road rage as a way to cope with traffic.
sts7049
AG
feels like we're turning into DFW
AgCPA95
AG
Ag_07 said:

This one interchange
The I-10 reconstruction would have taken 12 years, but once they integrated the HCTRA into the mix with the managed lanes they were able to front and fast-track the construction cutting the entire project time to about 6 years. I'm sure with this it will take 6 years as they the federal funding will have to trickle in over time.
AlaskanAg99
AG
This won't impact me at all. But in that 6 years HWY 6 will be underwater about a dozen times.
aTm '99
sts7049
AG
you just won't let that go will you
AlaskanAg99
AG
Nope. Not yet anyway.
aTm '99

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.