Houston
Sponsored by

Traffic

27,335 Views | 243 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AlaskanAg99
The Milkman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why has 610 been worse than ever the last couple of days? I understand some of the roads have lights out and that's backing that up... but 610 west between i10 and 59 has been worse than usual.
txaggie_08
AG
I think due to the closures of highways around downtown, is forcing people to take 610 around. That's my only thought. Noticed the same thing Wednesday evening.
W
AG
because the beltway and highway 6 are flooded over
rhoswen
AG
Also Houstonians have basically been cooped up for a week so everyone is out & about, plus all the influx of volunteers. Best kind of traffic!
Diggity
AG
we only have ourselves to blame:

Quote:

Have you read the official Houston evacuation plan?

Hispanics use I-10 West to San Antonio.

Cajuns use I-10 East to Lafayette.

Rednecks use US 59 North to East Texas.

Rich folks use I-45 North to Dallas.

Yankees use I-45 South to Galveston.

Aggies use loop-610.
Sazerac
AG
This wasn't serious was it?

Besides chimney Rock / Voss the next road west that lets you get north of Westheimer to i10 is grand parkway.
The Milkman
AG
cclearman said:

Besides chimney Rock / Voss the next road west that lets you get north of Westheimer to i10 is grand parkway.

It was. Sorry I haven't been west of Voss in a couple weeks
jbryan10
AG
Everybody that took hw6 or the beltway between 10 and 59 are now having to go all the way to 610. I'm one of them since I live on the south side of the bayou and work in the cypress/JV area. If you think its bad now, just wait until next week/when the rest of Houston is returning to work. You can expect it to be an absolute nightmare for the next 2-3 months as everything drains...
Cyp0111
610 is going to be a disaster until Beltway 8 opens up south of I-10
SlackerAg
AG
It's gonna be bad for a while. I thought I heard that it'll take 3 months for the reservoirs to drain. The city is essentially cut north/south in half from 610 to 99 -- all the shortcuts (Voss & Chimney Rock) are parking lots now.
BSD
AG
I am glad some of us are to a point where can ***** about normal **** for a while. Seriously.
Liquid Wrench
Someone posted this pic on reddit with the caption: "Glad to see Houston traffic is back to normal."

Satellite of Love
D'oh
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
spider96
AG
cclearman said:

Google Maps seems to think that Wilcrest, Kirkwood and HWY 6 should reopen on September 6th.
Aust Ag
AG
Forgot Californians 290W to Austin.
Sazerac
AG
Google don't know
spider96
AG
https://www.google.com/maps/@

The traffic tab on Google maps says different.
Sazerac
AG
They arent expecting major lowering of buff bayou for weeks so I don't see how that is possible.

It would be amazing if they get bw8 and kirkwood/Wilcrest clear somehow though.
Vernada
AG
Trump will be in town today. That should improve traffic.
AlaskanAg99
AG
HWY 6 needs to be elevated through the reservoirs with a cloverleaf at 10. This **** is rediculi. And 290 is beyond a nightmare. It's the fast lane straight to the lower depths of Dante's Inferno.
aTm '99
spider96
AG
cclearman said:

They arent expecting major lowering of buff bayou for weeks so I don't see how that is possible.

It would be amazing if they get bw8 and kirkwood/Wilcrest clear somehow though.

I hope so. This traffic is soul crushing.
FHKChE07
AG
It already is elevated 30 feet above the bottom of the reservoir. Should we make it 50? Whose taxes are going to pay for that? And just so you won't be inconvenienced on your way to work every once in a while?
BSD
AG
Lighten up, Frances.
agz win
AG
Is 59 north open now at the San Jacinto river?
sts7049
AG
building everything taller or wider... always the solution
Vernada
AG
Every once in a while? Like 3 months of the year? That's been the norm lately.
Topaz
agz win said:

Is 59 north open now at the San Jacinto river?

Yes
TX04Aggie
AG
Getting back to normal on South Loop. 2 cops with radar guns hanging on shoulder in their special spots
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Oppressive heat, bad traffic, and the Longhorns losing. Glad things are getting back to normal.
AlaskanAg99
AG
FHKChE07 said:

It already is elevated 30 feet above the bottom of the reservoir. Should we make it 50? Whose taxes are going to pay for that? And just so you won't be inconvenienced on your way to work every once in a while?

Because when HWY 6 is down it impacts 99, 290, beltway. It's not just me. Having a major road down impacts everyone and it's dumb to not elevated it in a flood way.
aTm '99
helloag99
AlaskanAg99 said:

FHKChE07 said:

Because when HWY 6 is down it impacts 99, 290, beltway. It's not just me. Having a major road down impacts everyone and it's dumb to not elevated it in a flood way.

I rarely drive the the west or northwest side of Houston so I vote to leave it like it is
AlaskanAg99
AG
nimrodag99 said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

FHKChE07 said:

I rarely drive the the west or northwest side of Houston so I vote to leave it like it is

It's a state road so we can just bill Austin and Dallas.
aTm '99
94chem
Quote:

Why has 610 been worse than ever the last couple of days? I understand some of the roads have lights out and that's backing that up... but 610 west between i10 and 59 has been worse than usual.
Sorry for your stupid pissant traffic problems. Meanwhile, I'll be trying to rebuild my house. Back to inventorying the crap in my front yard that used to hold all my stuff.
FHKChE07
AG
It has been closed 3 times in the last 10 years. Once in 2007 for 3 weeks. Once for the tax day floods for ~3 weeks. And now for probably for a month. That is hardly 3 months a year.

Again, Addicks doesn't have to be completely dry for 6 to be uncovered. I agree it is a pain when it happens but it isn't really that big of a deal.
Aggiemike96
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Oppressive heat, bad traffic, and the Longhorns and Aggies losing. Glad things are getting back to normal.
FIFY.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.