Houston
Sponsored by

Coup happeing over at 790 to get Innes fired

20,552 Views | 105 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BoxingAg84
MelvinUdall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag_07 said:

Rich Lord has been here a long time

He is so f'ing awful, how he still has a job is beyond me.
E
AG
Matt Thomas also went to UH, forgot about that.

He's the only person I like on 790 anymore.
Icecream_Ag
S
nhayden said:

Ag_07 said:

reward for dealing with Innes????
BigPuma
AG
Matt Thomas also went to HS at Mayde Creek. He grew up here, did some radio and PA announcing for the Rockets, moved to Utah, the Minneapolis for a few years, and then came back. He understands the plight of the Houston sports fan.
MelvinUdall
Icecream_Ag said:

nhayden said:

Ag_07 said:

Possibly, between him, ADD Ted Johnson, and umm, ummm, umm, Sean Pendergast, it is just a bad show.
Icecream_Ag
S
nhayden said:

Icecream_Ag said:

nhayden said:

Ag_07 said:

Possibly, between him, ADD Ted Johnson, and umm, ummm, umm, Sean Pendergast, it is just a bad show.
listened to 790 for about half a block and it was Jim Mudd and someone maybe Innes, didn't listen that well, calling out Mike Meltzer saying he had to have been happy at training camp because of all the bears on grindr in WV. Reminded me why I hated Innes show last time he was here.
MelvinUdall
Icecream_Ag said:

nhayden said:

Icecream_Ag said:

nhayden said:

Ag_07 said:

listened to 790 for about half a block and it was Jim Mudd and someone maybe Innes, didn't listen that well, calling out Mike Meltzer saying he had to have been happy at training camp because of all the bears on grindr in WV. Reminded me why I hated Innes show last time he was here.
Innes obsession with 610 is unhealthy.
E
AG
Was this yesterday?

Innes was going off on 610, sounded like he was trying to wage a war against them. I quickly switched stations...
jja79
AG
He was adamant NHL wouldn't work here.
JYDog90
AG
Hopefully there's a circular firing squad and all 4 of them get fired.

Count me in that number that hasn't listened since LZ left. I liked lance and Matt together.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Icecream_Ag
S
E said:

Was this yesterday?

Innes was going off on 610, sounded like he was trying to wage a war against them. I quickly switched stations...
Nope 745ish this morning. Had the radio on 790 from the stros game and that was my first experience of his show since he left 610.
Farmer1906
AG
jja79 said:

He was adamant NHL wouldn't work here.
He was adamant the 4th largest city in the US could support an NHL team.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Thats the way I remember it as well.

Although, I could be wrong. Its happened before.

He would bring it up at least once a month with rumors that the Rockets owner was interested in bidding on a team. I remember thinking the franchise would last two seasons until the novelty wore off then tank.
Liquid Wrench
BigPuma said:

Matt Thomas also went to HS at Mayde Creek. He grew up here, did some radio and PA announcing for the Rockets, moved to Utah, the Minneapolis for a few years, and then came back. He understands the plight of the Houston sports fan.
GOOD MORNING STRIPPERS!
Stat Monitor Repairman
My favorite Charlie Pallilo moment was from early in Johnny's heisman run in 2012. This was well before the Bama game. JFF had been putting up video game numbers and leading the NCAA in most offensive stats.

Some Ag calls in during drive time asking CP if JFF had a shot at the heisman. CP scoffs an proceeds to hammer on the caller for the rest of the segment.

Someone on here probably remembers the call or made the call.

No real point to the above story. I cant remember what I did two days ago but can remember the call and that I was listening while stuck on 45 between downtown and North Main.

Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
I remember this clearly. Charlie was adament, dismissive, and wrong just as he frequently was.
Al Bula
AG
Yeah I don't get the AM radio circle jerk. Thankfully.
runontexas
AG
sup with the obsession?
jja79
AG
I remember him saying he wished we could attract an NHL team but not that he felt it would work. But let's just say you're right.
bilbobag
Adam is the biggest ****** on the planet.. Think of the biggest ****** you grew up knowing and multiply it by 10.

MT only good guy left after LZ left.

Josh won't get fired. He will end up doing that himself.
Liquid Wrench
MT really is a decent guy.
Diggity
AG
Let's be fair though. Radio hosts have to make strong takes on these things. You're going to be wrong quite a bit in that world.
MelvinUdall
bilbobag said:

Adam is the biggest ****** on the planet.. Think of the biggest ****** you grew up knowing and multiply it by 10.

MT only good guy left after LZ left.

Josh won't get fired. He will end up doing that himself.

I agree with you on Josh he will implode and blame 790, just like he did 610, and his gig in Philly. Clanton is a huge ********** and the day he is off the air will be a good day.
Farmer1906
AG
In the trenches is still a good show too.
Jackal99
AG
Car radio was on 790 this morning when I turned it on, and Wexler and somebody else were on. I got my hopes up that said coup had been successful. Then they said he was just out today and would be back on Monday. Buzzkills.
Liquid Wrench
Did Sexy Wexy give you a semi on the way into work?
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

I remember this clearly. Charlie was adament, dismissive, and wrong just as he frequently was.
I remember it too. He was POSITIVE that Johnny had no chance.
RayRay99
AG
www.chron.com/sports/amp/Charlie-Pallilo-returning-Houston-sportstalk-radio-11437306.php

Charlie is back, too bad nobody can hear him.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Tried to listen to 1560 today and couldn't get anything on the east belt. Listened for a couple minutes thinking Charlie was just doing a pregnant pause.
BohunkAg
AG
hahahahaha

MelvinUdall
BohunkAg said:

hahahahaha

What a loser, he still doesn't get it and when he is fired again it of course won't be his fault.
Coog97
BohunkAg said:

hahahahaha

This is exactly what they were going for by pulling that stunt... the any attention is good attention approach. This guy is a clown and his show is a circus.

If you like that kind of radio, enjoy!
1982Ag
AG
Always appreciated Charlie - was the only one that brought enough IQ to the table (albeit it with way too much ego) to remind of the late great Joel Buchsbaum. Lance is good too - miss him. Josh is the only one that causes me to avoid the station during show.
AJ02
AG
I used to listen to 790 exclusively on my 45 min commute to work every morning and then on my commute home. Then I got laid off. Last I listened to it, it was Lance and Matt in the morning which I loved. I think they're great together. Clanton had midday and like others have said, major d-bag who got his panties in a wad over every little thing. And then I think Innes had just started during the drive home?

Why did LZ leave? Who does mornings now? Innes? Is Matt back to the afternoon spot?

I wish ND & Greg did a longer show. And whatever happened to the Uncle Greg skits? Too many complaints?
AustinCountyAg
I regret to announce that I've actually started listening to JI in the morning. He's laid off the race baiting a lot IMO and is actually mixing up all Houston sports quiet a bit. I finally just realized that I don't enjoy listening to Texans talk all morning. Especially the recycled crap they talk about every morning.

I'm so confused that I like Innes now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.