Houston
Sponsored by

Houston summer tine pools

5,332 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SJEAg
The Wonderer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bondag
AG
MAS444 said:

Didn't live in Houston...but spent a lot of time here in the summer with family. There was some neighborhood pool we went to in 77024...but I have no idea what it was...
Fonn Villas?
88jrt06
AG
jayelbee said:

That was it for sure. I did some heavy internet ting and found that it was called The Meyerland Club before.
Used to go there all the time. They also had some Bellaire High social stuff on the premises.
The Meyerland Club was always at war internally because they had the "originals" and the newer "social members". The originals acted like it was River Oaks CC or something and were always raising hell over the younger families with kids, etc.. Apparently, nobody bought the more expensive 'ships, Meyerland gentrified,
and the damn thing probably sat dormant for 10 years. Totally stupid. As noted, the JCC moved in.

I think the Meyerland Club was trying to be like The Briar Club. Fail.

OTOH, the frickin' JCC is a huge benefit to the neighborhood. If you live over there (and exercise), you should consider joining. I belonged for about 15 years.
MAS444
AG
Bondag:

I looked at that...but don't think so. I thought it was a little closer to my aunt's house in Hedwig Village. Man...I wish I could figure it out, but pretty much anyone who would know is dead.
jakelew04
AG
Mission Bend pool. Bellaire and Paso Del Sol behind the Stop 'n Go.
MouthBQ98
AG
GPP and Splashtown and Waterworld.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
I lifeguarded out in Fairfield in '98 during high school. That may have been when I began to hate people.

Moms to kids: "Oh hey, that's MNG. He'll be your babysitter for the next 8 hours. Do all the stupid things you'd like because he's being paid $10/hr to watch you everyday this summer along with 100 other d***head kids. K bai! "
Post removed:
by user
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Ravensway!!!

BFND
AgLA06
AG
Fisher's in GOOF.
Satellite of Love
Mr.NiceGuy said:

sts7049 said:

bonaire II, baby

Me too

Whoa I grew up in Meisterwood!
Satellite of Love
Mr. McGibblets said:

Ravensway!!!

BFND

Effin-a dude, effin-a!!! Class of '03
TexAg0308
AG
+1 Ravensway... When we weren't playing Pool Baseball at my house... MNG knows I used to strike him out all the time!
Mookie
AG
Damn tallow wood... that's my wife's hood, NW aside ghetto!

I grew up at the Lakewood forest pool.
agdaddy04
AG
Hunters Valley
Post removed:
by user
Mookie
AG
Probably so... we both graduated from cy creek in the early 90s.
agdaddy04
AG
Ah C C
Frederick Palowaski
AG
TexAg0308 said:

+1 Ravensway... When we weren't playing Pool Baseball at my house... MNG knows I used to strike him out all the time!

Post removed:
by user
chimpanzee
I recall upon entering Waterworld, they made you stand under this punishingly heavy waterfall right inside the gates. I don't think I was old enough to appreciate the amount of stank that needed to be separated from the average Houstonian to keep the pumps from getting all gummed up. Probably would have killed the fun.
88jrt06
AG
Mr.NiceGuy said:

TexAg0308 said:

"Eight year-olds, dude."
Bondag
AG
chimpanzee said:

I recall upon entering Waterworld, they made you stand under this punishingly heavy waterfall right inside the gates. I don't think I was old enough to appreciate the amount of stank that needed to be separated from the average Houstonian to keep the pumps from getting all gummed up. Probably would have killed the fun.

I just remember waiting at the bottom of "The Edge" hoping for a bikini top to come off and give you a little peek.
1208HawkTree
AG
Ragoo said:

What pool did you cruise in your youth?

I didn't grow up in Houston but my grandparents always lived here so we made many summer trips over to visit. This was the pool we frequented every summer.

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.6677222,-95.4892334,174m/data=!3m1!1e3

Man, my grandparents used to take us there all the time. I loved it because it had a high five.

jakelew04 said:

Me too!
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Briar Village. Swim team life, age 5-8. Before the mall or oil crisis/ghetto culture moved in. White-flighted it to Tomball after that.

Dropped Pin
near George Bush Park/Eldridge, Houston, TX
https://goo.gl/maps/Wtie6BTfae22
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
Ag_07
AG
Kind of along the same lines so I'll just ask here...

Are there any fun hotel pools around Houston where you can rent a cabana for a day? Trying to plan a birthday with a group and this is an option if I can find some place cool.

And no we're not going to Chadillac's WT oasis.
drumboy
AG
Ag_07 said:

Kind of along the same lines so I'll just ask here...

Are there any fun hotel pools around Houston where you can rent a cabana for a day? Trying to plan a birthday with a group and this is an option if I can find some place cool.

And no we're not going to Chadillac's WT oasis.
Some friends were going to do this at the Marriott Marquis but they found out that you can only get in 5 folks for each room. Now we're going to Cle (on a Sunday to f*&k my Monday)
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
Post removed:
by user
Ragoo
AG
1208HawkTree said:

Ragoo said:

What pool did you cruise in your youth?

I didn't grow up in Houston but my grandparents always lived here so we made many summer trips over to visit. This was the pool we frequented every summer.

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.6677222,-95.4892334,174m/data=!3m1!1e3

Man, my grandparents used to take us there all the time. I loved it because it had a high five.

jakelew04 said:

Me too!
my grandparents live right up hillcroft off of rutherglenn not far from the pool. i think the most vivid memory i have of the pool is of a then younger women with her small kids and full on man underarm bush.
SJEAg
AG
Think I spent a quarter of my waking hours at the WAC during the summers of my youth - either swim team or just for fun. Wasn't much else to do as a kid in The Woodlands of the 1980s. Was bummed when I heard they were tearing it down.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.