Houston
Sponsored by

Tropical Trouble?

22,986 Views | 179 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by schmendeler
White Liberals=The Worst
How long do you want to ignore this user?
schmendeler said:

hodgesco said:

A lot of land manatee secretary/assistant types named Brenda, Sandy, Pam, and Carol are already getting ready to take Wednesday and Thursday off.
especially the ones that work in town but live in rosenburg, old katy, Conroe, or porter and like to complain/brag about how long it takes them to get to work and back home.
Yep, they rock fit-bits but can't hide their excitement whenever catered food from meetings is left in the break room.
CowtownAg06
AG
7:45am Thurs morning to Denver out of Hobby. I'm mentally preparing for a long day.
Ag_07
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

7:45am Thurs morning to Denver out of Hobby.

ClickClack
AG
Wtf is that gif?
schmendeler
AG
Wycliffe_03 said:

schmendeler said:

hodgesco said:

A lot of land manatee secretary/assistant types named Brenda, Sandy, Pam, and Carol are already getting ready to take Wednesday and Thursday off.
especially the ones that work in town but live in rosenburg, old katy, Conroe, or porter and like to complain/brag about how long it takes them to get to work and back home.
Yep, they rock fit-bits but can't hide their excitement whenever catered food from meetings is left in the break room.
the secretaries here just order enough food to include themselves in the number of people for the meeting and just make themselves a plate when it arrives.
ClickClack
AG
Secretaries eating lunch? What a bunch of fatties.
Ag_07
AG
schmendeler said:

the secretaries here just order enough food to include themselves in the number of people for the meeting and just make themselves a plate when it arrives.

Duh...

If I was the one ordering I would certainly include myself and I would order exactly what I want.

And don't act you wouldn't either.
schmendeler
AG
Ag_07 said:

schmendeler said:

Duh...

If I was the one ordering I would certainly include myself and I would order exactly what I want.

And don't act you wouldn't either.
not if I wasn't sitting in on the meeting, I wouldn't.
CowtownAg06
AG
I hope it's not the case and you've just been waiting for an opportunity to use that awesome gif.
CDUB98
AG
It's pretty common for the admins here to order food for themselves as well.

Thankfully, my current project doesn't have a land manatee though. She's just grumpy sometimes.
gougler08
AG
CDUB98 said:

It's pretty common for the admins here to order food for themselves as well.

Thankfully, my current project doesn't have a land manatee though. She's just grumpy sometimes.
Admins normally include themselves at my company...just thought that was the standard practice
schmendeler
AG
another space city weather update
Ag_07
AG
I actually stumbled on that one looking for a different one but thought it would suffice.

And I'm not sure of what kind of wind speeds stop flights but...

Quote:

If Cindy is going to come ashore near the Galveston area, which at this time seems like a reasonable bet, we also need to take a closer look potential winds. This morning's forecast from the National Hurricane Center indicated a 34 percent chance of seeing tropical storm-force sustained winds in Galveston this week, but I think that may be a little low. Indeed, if Cindy becomes better organized as it nears the coast, sustained winds may reach 40- or 50-mph where it makes landfall. We'll have to watch this possibility in Galveston and inland areas nearby, along with the potential for storm tides a few feet higher than normal.
ClickClack
AG
Ag_07
AG
Frankie about to be on with Josh Innes.

Should be interesting.
ShotOver
AG
Frankie is all over it.
MelvinUdall
Ag_07 said:

Frankie about to be on with Josh Innes.

Should be interesting.

I knew Josh was a cuck.
The Original AG 76
AG
they already have $10,000 tatas.. 5 cent brain TV news babes out on Bolivar with the MONSTROUS dynamic 1-2' swells storming ashore.........
InnerCityAg
Ag_07 said:

I actually stumbled on that one looking for a different one but thought it would suffice.

And I'm not sure of what kind of wind speeds stop flights but...

Quote:

If Cindy is going to come ashore near the Galveston area, which at this time seems like a reasonable bet, we also need to take a closer look potential winds. This morning's forecast from the National Hurricane Center indicated a 34 percent chance of seeing tropical storm-force sustained winds in Galveston this week, but I think that may be a little low. Indeed, if Cindy becomes better organized as it nears the coast, sustained winds may reach 40- or 50-mph where it makes landfall. We'll have to watch this possibility in Galveston and inland areas nearby, along with the potential for storm tides a few feet higher than normal.

Cromagnum
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

they already have $10,000 tatas.. 5 cent brain TV news babes out on Bolivar with the MONSTROUS dynamic 1-2' swells storming ashore.........

Rule 1
Cromagnum
AG
P.H. Dexippus
AG

Might as well start charging the drone batteries and pulling the air boats out of storage.
Ag_07
AG
Hunker down now.

Shifting a bit more west in the latest run

gougler08
AG
This may actually end up being something after all, especially if some of the big rain bands start to spin and tuck in southwest of the center
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
They keep saying the H will keep this away, well what if it gets here and the H keeps it from leaving?

Allison happens.
MelvinUdall
Lot Y Tailgate said:

They keep saying the H will keep this away, well what if it gets here and the H keeps it from leaving?

Allison happens.

Then it will be more than a two tea scenario.
Ag_07
AG
For anyone interested in a more serious discussion and none of this Tine board Tomfoolery there's a thread on the Outdoor board.

Someone over there says it hasn't moved much at all today and is just sitting there. That with the really warm waters could give some extra oomph.

I'm actually starting to think we're gonna get some decent rain outta this thing.
MelvinUdall
Ag_07 said:

For anyone interested in a more serious discussion and none of this Tine board Tomfoolery there's a thread on the Outdoor board.

Someone over there says it hasn't moved much at all today and is just sitting there. That with the really warm waters could give some extra oomph.

I'm actually starting to think we're gonna get some decent rain outta this thing.

I am going to wait for our typical dissenters before I have an opinion. By the way, I am in Katy and plan on evacuating very soon.
Ag_07
AG
I don't think we're looking at Armageddon 2017 but I did go from thinking we would only get a few stray bands of rain to now being fairly certain Meyerland and Jersey Village will flood.
Al Bula
AG
This is all playing into my dastardly plan of hatching even more Mosquitoes in tires and strategically placed buckets.

P.H. Dexippus
AG
nhayden said:

Lot Y Tailgate said:

Allison happens.

Then it will be more than a two tea scenario.

Incorrect. It's a government-mandated one tea rationing scenario, otherwise it would be free market price gouging/hoarding.
dave99ag
AG
Is it time yet?

MelvinUdall
Ag_07 said:

I don't think we're looking at Armageddon 2017 but I did go from thinking we would only get a few stray bands of rain to now being fairly certain Meyerland and Jersey Village will flood.

So we are really only going to get 1/2"?
Cromagnum
AG
nhayden said:

Ag_07 said:

So we are really only going to get 1/2"?

In all seriousness, it now looks like we may not even get that much.
Biz Ag
AG

Gonna last more than 4 hours - better call a doctor.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.