Houston
Sponsored by

Jubally/MCAD?

4,491 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Cru
Slappy74
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This was an inventory home. The builder was closing out the section and we were able to get a good deal. House began construction last year, and I am not sure if it finished late last year or early this year. I believe our closing docs indicate it as a 2017 construction. Yes, we closed on the 8th of this month.
Bassmaster
AG
They are idiots, but I would just be happy that I got my sales price. Not that you don't deserve at least that, but because they are almost too stupid to even talk to. This is my situation (posted earlier in the thread). I go back this Friday.

Quote:

That became obvious to me when I had to deal with them for the first time last year. Here was my scenario. Closed on a house on 5/27/16. The appraisal was roughly 130k greater than what I paid, so I protested and said my value was what I paid for it. They said nope, the value is as of 1/1/16 so they dropped it to 30k over purchase price. I argued over and over saying that the value didn't drop by 30k from 1/1/16 to 4/18/16 (the day I went under contract on the house). They said it did, see you next year. Now my value for 2017 is about 80k greater than what I paid in May 2016 (50K greater than last year's appraisal). If they are right, my value dropped by 30k from 1/1/16 to 5/27/16 and then increased by 80k from 5/27/16 to 1/1/17. Insane.

PeekingDuck
AG
Cru,

I purchased a report and it seems to have low-balled my appraisal quite a bit due to the U&E rules solely relying on comparable HCAD appraisal value rather than sales. Is it actually worth going to dispute at this number? It is 10% below what I paid for the house five years ago and doesn't seem realistic at all.

As wonderful as it would be, I'd be surprised if this would fly.
Cru
S
Submit a ticket to me using the talk to us page. Address it to Texags support, and you and I can take this offline.
PeekingDuck
AG
Sent you guys a note. Thanks.
KW02
AG
Does the appraisal district have to have the protest in its hands by 5/31 or can it be mailed by then?
Cru
S
I'll get back to you today.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.