Houston
Sponsored by

Considering a move to North Houston. Where to live?

19,266 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by XpressAg09
big ben
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
schmendeler
AG
big ben said:

I'll put it this way, I am from DFW and you could double my salary and I still wouldn't move back to Houston after 4 years there.

It's like a dirty, theft ridden, non zoned, red headed step child of a city similar to New Orleans sent West that inherited part of houston.

You seem to be lost. The weak Dallas ***** forum is one up.
AJ02
AG
Lots of nice development when you head west on 99 from I45. Very good schools in that area too. Stepdaughter goes to Wildewood.
Al Bula
AG
big ben said:

I'll put it this way, I am from DFW and you could double my salary and I still wouldn't move back to Houston after 4 years there.

It's like a dirty, theft ridden, non zoned, red headed step child of a city similar to New Orleans sent West that inherited part of houston.
your boyfriend left you for someone who wasn't as prissy, didn't he?
94chem
You can do a lot with $40K here.
Guitarsoup
AG
I have a lot of friends moving from Eagle Springs and Fall Creek up to Kingwood.

The schools are better up here (Kingwood or Park vs SummerCreek is an easy decision) plus many seem to get involved in activities like church, kids leagues and all those are better in KW than Humble/Atasca. So they develop friends and end up driving up to KW all the time anyway.

Plus property taxes are significantly cheaper in Kingwood than the newer neighborhoods.
runontexas
AG
Fannin and Pierce street, daily walks to Lone Star.
88jrt06
AG
RPM said:

big ben said:

your boyfriend left you for someone who wasn't as prissy, didn't he?

Yep, Biff the redhead found some guy much hotter.
No question. Back to Garland for the jilted....
Liquid Wrench
Diggity said:

Is Katy considered snobby now?

I know some old housewives out there who act like Kingsland is River Oaks Blvd.
230Ag
AG
AgLA06 said:

230Ag said:

beltway and hardy and beltway and 45N are both the hood. the drive from spring or woodlands would probably be worth it. unless you want to live south of 610 and drive up. anything between 610 and beltway 8 on 45 is sketch also.

Oak Forest, Garden Oaks, and Shepherd Park Plaza call bull*****
one man's...
AgLA06
AG
230Ag said:

AgLA06 said:

230Ag said:

beltway and hardy and beltway and 45N are both the hood. the drive from spring or woodlands would probably be worth it. unless you want to live south of 610 and drive up. anything between 610 and beltway 8 on 45 is sketch also.

one man's...

Where do you live?
230Ag
AG
AgLA06 said:

230Ag said:

AgLA06 said:

230Ag said:

one man's...

Where do you live?
El Paso
230Ag
AG
just kidding. I live in Channelview.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
You seem like a San Mexican type of person
AgLA06
AG
230Ag said:

Which refinery do you live next to?
TXTransplant
OldArmy07 said:

Thanks for the tips. Checking them out slowly. This is helping us to see what's out there to see if it's worth pursuing further.

Budget is ideally less than 400k. Our ideal home at this point is a 1 story, 2500-2800 sq feet w/ a 3 car garage. No real preferences outside of that.

There are two houses that meet all of your criteria except for the three-car garage for sale on my street, with a third coming soon. All built since 2012. In Creekside in The Woodlands, which is south of Woodlands Pkwy, between Kuykendahl and Gosling. It's a quick trip to 99/45. Neighborhood pool, waking trails, great schools (Tomball ISD), etc.
The Wonderer
AG
TXTransplant said:

OldArmy07 said:

Thanks for the tips. Checking them out slowly. This is helping us to see what's out there to see if it's worth pursuing further.

Budget is ideally less than 400k. Our ideal home at this point is a 1 story, 2500-2800 sq feet w/ a 3 car garage. No real preferences outside of that.

There are two houses that meet all of your criteria except for the three-car garage for sale on my street, with a third coming soon. All built since 2012. In Creekside in The Woodlands, which is south of Woodlands Pkwy, between Kuykendahl and Gosling. It's a quick trip to 99/45. Neighborhood pool, waking trials, great schools (Tomball ISD), etc.
This is a great area. I used to live in Augusta Pines just south of Creekside.
230Ag
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

not sure what that means, but orale holmes.
230Ag
AG
AgLA06 said:

230Ag said:

Which refinery do you live next to?
LyondellBasell, brah.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
230Ag said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

not sure what that means, but orale holmes.

https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/2851720
Ag_N_Houston
AG
I have a house in Oak Forest I will sell you.
JYDog90
AG
I just listed my house in Huntwick at Champion Forest/1960.
http://www.har.com/u/02f804016
TxAggieBand85
AG
Avoid crappy Klein ISD at almost all costs. Conroe ISD is ok depending on school. Spring and Aldine. Good luck and happy living in your car cussing traffic.

schmendeler
AG
TxAggieBand85 said:

Avoid crappy Klein ISD at almost all costs. Conroe ISD is ok depending on school. Spring and Aldine. Good luck and happy living in your car cussing traffic.

crappy klein isd? and then you recommend spring and aldine?
JYDog90
AG
Yeah, methinks he doesn't know what he's talking about.
aTm2004
AG
Maybe he's into violence, drugs, and chitty schools.
SparkE
I used to work in that exact area (like a ton of other people). All my coworkers lived in Spring, The Woodlands, or Kingwood. The younger guys without families lived inside the loop in townhouses, but moved to one of the above when they started familes.

The commute from Kingwood is the easiest because 59 to the beltway traffic is light, but Kingwood is the most boring IMO.

If I didn't mention a place, that's my polite way of saying avoid it.
WorthAg95
AG
Any more Huntwick/Champion Forest/Memorial NW opinions?
Waltonloads08
AG
230Ag said:

Except for all the million dollar homes in 77018...
one MEEN Ag
AG
schmendeler said:

TxAggieBand85 said:

crappy klein isd? and then you recommend spring and aldine?

aggiedata
AG
willie wonka said:

I just listed my house in Huntwick at Champion Forest/1960.
http://www.har.com/u/02f804016

Too funny! We lived in the house directly behind you on Verdant Way when I was in high school. I like what you did with this house. Good luck with the sale!!
Stan Crowch
AG
GoneGirl
AG
94chem said:

Quote:

Kingwood has a Trader Joes and Whole Foods?
No, but we have Whataburger and Culvers.
So do we.
GoneGirl
AG
chiken said:

Avoid Eagle Springs. It takes 15 minutes just to get from the neighborhood to 59 or BW8
And that's with the Eagle Springians doing 70 through Summerwood.
Satellite of Love
schmendeler said:

big ben said:

I love it when people beetch about Houston's lack of zoning. It really shows how little they know about the area. Just because we have no zoning, doesn't mean you can throw up anything you want. You still have to get permits and approval. Unfortunately you can't build a tit-teria next to little snowflake Breighlian's elementary school.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.