Houston
Sponsored by

El Tiempo Fajitas

5,604 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Cinco Ranch Aggie
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Call agproducer and see if he can't use his sources to get this on the 5:00 news
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Chewy said:

What's some good Mexican joints on LoPo?

I'll hang up and listen

Tacos del Julio between Bingle & Wirt, next door to Beef & Bun BBQ on one side and the "unicomer credito facilito" then "abogado immigracion" on the other.

We hit it at least once a week for lunch.
one MEEN Ag
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Speaking of El Tiempo, I guess their location on 45S that never opened is just going to sit there forever?
Huge legal battle over El Tiempo selling the rights to 18 future restaurants to a restaurant management firm.

The original El Tiempo owners apparently use their extended families construction business to build each location. I can't remember if the 45S was built by a different construction firm and there were issues with the El Tiempo family over quality, schedule, and cost. Or if it was the families construction firm working with the new management company did not get along with them on quality, schedule, and cost.

Either way, El Tiempo is not happy and this conflict isn't going to be resolved anytime soon.

one MEEN Ag
AG
White Liberals=The Worst
grizzo said:

Wycliffe_03 said:

No offense, but what's the relevance of this? Why would he need a couple of these in Tennessee and not here or wherever it was he lived previously? Just curious.

You start your post with, "No offense, but..." so you are clearly trying to cause a offense. You contradict your first statement by simply saying "but" after it.

To satisfy your curiosity, I would assume he wouldn't need them living in Houston because he could simply drive to the El Tiempo and eat. However, he is not in Houston. He is in Tennesee, and it's true. He is my cousin.

I stand by my question, and I appreciate the honest answers I've received. I knew there'd be at least one Ag that had made an attempt at these things.

No offense, but shame on whoever would blue star your post.
LOL, I was genuinely curious and didn't want to come across as a d*ck, but could have chosen a better intro because 9 times out of 10, that's the intent behind "No offense, but...".

Should have said "Not any of my business but..."
UndergroundAg
Chewy said:

Thanks for the LoPo Mexican suggestions. I'll have to check some of them out. At least something good came from this thread.

While not on LoPo a personal favorite for breakfast tacos in the Dirty Branch is Taqueria Cancun at Gessner and Hammerly. They're freaking delicious and cheap.

Also people get shot there every now and then, so there's that.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
sts7049 said:

they haven't razed it yet?
They have for the most part. Fence is still up, and that awful wall they put up right alongside Kingsland is still there, but the building itself is gone.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.