Houston
Sponsored by

UPDATE: Montrose Vet Commits Suicide

25,122 Views | 168 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Al Bula
Liquid Wrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm not pretending to be close to him and im not any kind of insider, but in my experiences he's a really nice, serious, decent guy who treats people with respect. I'm not surprised he did the right thing when no one was looking.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Allegedly the Vet sent an 1.5 hour video to the news telling her side of the story that airs tonight.

This is the makeshift memorial people have made for her:

Ag_07
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Allegedly the Vet sent an 1.5 hour video to the news telling her side of the story that airs tonight.

YellAg2004
AG
Channel?
SlackerAg
AG
Animal Planet. Sponsored by Olive Garden.
WES2006AG
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

This is the makeshift memorial people have made for her:

Airing in it's entirety?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
No, it is clips.

ABC13 I think is who my mom said has it.
lil99chris
AG
It will be on Channel 2.
Al Bula
AG
Can't wait to hear how Leon Jacob forced her to hire a hit man
lil99chris
AG
Nobody said that, but keep up with your trolling.
rononeill
Did anyone see it?
WES2006AG
AG
rononeill said:

Did anyone see it?
Wondering the same. What was her excuse?
randy828
AG
http://www.click2houston.com/news/valerie-mcdaniels-messages-she-wanted-kprc2-to-share
Al Bula
AG
LOL spare me the crocodile tears, lady.

She basically said Leon was an arrogant younger alpha male that showed her some attention during her divorce so she fell in love with him. And he tried to use a connection to intimidate the ex husband. When that didn't work, she says the plan to get her ex to leave her alone "just progressed." She claims she never wanted to hurt the father of her child but alluded to the plan getting out of control.

It was so out of control that she and Leon still gave money to a cop when they thought he was a hitman who had whacked two people.

I find it very unethical that KPRC even aired this garbage. The report states she was close friends and neighbor with the KPRC general manager. She personally left the recordings of her "story" to her good buddy the newsman. The conflict of interest is so blatant that it is obvious it was only aired for the KRPC guy's own personal gain or his station's gain.
IDAGG
AG
I don't know any details but I get the impression her ex was a complete ass. That certainly in no way excuses what she did. I am just trying to grasp what would cause an educated person like her with a lot going for her to do something so despicable and risky. The two obvious choices are 1) Maybe she wasn't so nice and this is part of her character. or 2) Her ex was a real piece of work and was continually doing stuff to get under her skin and make her angry. And as we all know decisions made in anger are never good. Truly a tragic situation for all involved. Somehow this will probably wind up as a Dateline episode at some point.
Ag_07
AG
RPM said:

it is obvious it was only aired for the KRPC guy's own personal gain or his station's gain.

No shlt

Nothing is aired on the news without the intent of ratings and clicks. Even moreso for an exclusive tell all piece about a high profile murder for hire then suicide.

Of course it was aired for the station's gain.
schmellba99
AG
Quote:

I find it very unethical that KPRC even aired this garbage. The report states she was close friends and neighbor with the KPRC general manager. She personally left the recordings of her "story" to her good buddy the newsman. The conflict of interest is so blatant that it is obvious it was only aired for the KRPC guy's own personal gain or his station's gain.
Not sure where you are going with this, or really what it has to do with anything.

News is a business - surely this is not a shock to you. Of course it was aired for the gain of KRPC and the personal gain of the GM. Why wouldn't it be? There is absolutely no conflict of interest here, the for profit news station is not any sort of legal entity and has no burden or obligation to withold anything.
WES2006AG
AG
"I didn't want to hurt (him)," McDaniel said. "I never did. It's (my daughter's) dad. She loved him so much and I wouldn't. I'm so sorry about everything."

LOL. This lady seems delusional.
Al Bula
AG
schmellba99 said:

Not sure where you are going with this, or really what it has to do with anything.

News is a business - surely this is not a shock to you. Of course it was aired for the gain of KRPC and the personal gain of the GM. Why wouldn't it be? There is absolutely no conflict of interest here, the for profit news station is not any sort of legal entity and has no burden or obligation to withold anything.
1. Quite literally, KPRC (official name: Graham Media Group, Houston, Inc.) is a legal entity since it can do business with other businesses.

2. This crazy broad used her newsman buddy to get her side of the story broadcast to potentially 6+ million people. It is shady as f ck to broadcast unvetted statements given by a friend on air before the legal process has taken place. Since KPRC is a pretty sensational "news" outlet, I am not surprised it was done for gain. That doesn't mean it is not a conflict of interest.

3. The cops obviously blessed the recording but there could still be repercussions if Jacobs family decides the recordings should be removed from mass circulation because of Leon's trial.
smokeythebear
AG
Sup everybody, I'm back!

Alright, the update clears up a lot that I'm more than willing to concede on.

Murder for hire - Spinning it as a love story with her new boyfriend is a pretty sad defense. I'd believe he was the mastermind behind it, but she certainly didn't sound like someone who was clueless along the way. I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, but this certainly makes it sound like she was complicit.

Suicide - No arguments here, cheap way to get out of jail and selfish of her to not think about her daughter in that decision.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
smokeythebear said:

Sup everybody, I'm back!

Alright, the update clears up a lot that I'm more than willing to concede on.

Murder for hire - Spinning it as a love story with her new boyfriend is a pretty sad defense. I'd believe he was the mastermind behind it, but she certainly didn't sound like someone who was clueless along the way. I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, but this certainly makes it sound like she was complicit.

Suicide - No arguments here, cheap way to get out of jail and selfish of her to not think about her daughter in that decision.
schmellba99
AG
RPM said:

schmellba99 said:

1. Quite literally, KPRC (official name: Graham Media Group, Houston, Inc.) is a legal entity since it can do business with other businesses.

2. This crazy broad used her newsman buddy to get her side of the story broadcast to potentially 6+ million people. It is shady as f ck to broadcast unvetted statements given by a friend on air before the legal process has taken place. Since KPRC is a pretty sensational "news" outlet, I am not surprised it was done for gain. That doesn't mean it is not a conflict of interest.

3. The cops obviously blessed the recording but there could still be repercussions if Jacobs family decides the recordings should be removed from mass circulation because of Leon's trial.

Legal entity, in the context of what I stated, means some,form,of,government agency that does have an obligation to be impartial and independent.

If you didnt figure that out, I am sorry.

As far as the rest - the news is a business. Plain and,simple. Every single thing thwy air is profit driven. They have no,moral obligation to be impartial, even if they claim they are (they arent). Nothing shady about it at all. Any other station would have done the exact same thing and not thought twice about it.
agproducer
AG
News is a business, plain and simple. I'm sure serious conversations were had several times before the decision was made to air it, and in my experience, I'm sure the station's lawyers were probably involved in what was able to be aired.

As far as the statements being "vetted," this is equal to a protestor exposing his opinion on something on camera. What that protestor says may or may not be true. It doesn't need to be vetted. It is attributed to her. It's also the equivalent to a jailhouse interview.

KPRC was just lucky they had a connection to her. They got the exclusive. I have no problem with them airing it. Again, news is a business.
jja79
AG
I can't believe anyone watches the local news. Agproducer those traveling carnivals are businesses too. The two seem quite similar to me.
agproducer
AG
jja79 said:

I can't believe anyone watches the local news. Agproducer those traveling carnivals are businesses too. The two seem quite similar to me.
The news industry as a whole has changed so much in just the last 10 years. It's become more about clicks, viral videos and what attracts viewers more than what is actually news. Local news stations are trying to re-invent themselves and carve out their own niches.

But, how is airing the vet's video any different than 20/20 or Dateline talking to an inmate in prison for their side of the story?
Guitarsoup
AG
RPM said:

schmellba99 said:

It's not in any way shady or unethical. There is huge public interest in the story and as such the video is newsworthy.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Ag13 said:

Obviously her and her boyfriend were/are horrible people

But doesn't something feel wrong about an undercover officer entrapping someone so deep that the exes are faking dead for photographs?
Tell me your trying to make a joke.....please?
lil99chris
AG
....be sure to watch 20/20 tonight.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/inside-alleged-murder-hire-plot-led-texas-veterinarians/story?id=49990363&cid=clicksource_359_3_daypart_dp_hed
AgLiving06
Well, it's very clear what the dude's defense will be....to blame her for all of it. It won't work, but it does show how crazy the dude is.

I'm still a bit torn on her. I'm not so sure she was mentally stable by the time they arrested her. Her reaction on the camera when they told her her ex was "dead" seemed to be the start of the full blown breakdown that lead to her suicide.
Al Bula
AG
Leon's arrogance will be well received when he is sentenced to prison.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.