Houston
Sponsored by

Skeleton remains found in drywall of house in the heights

38,677 Views | 130 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Flashdiaz
Ag13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.khou.com/mb/news/skeletal-remains-found-inside-home-in-the-heights/419853225

Eek
Waltonloads08
AG
Uh, who were the sellers?

I ask, because if it's an old 1930's bungalow, a family could have been the second owners and lived there for 50 years with a body in the walls. I can't imagine the mind fuuk that would be...
Ag13
AG
WaltonLoads08 said:

I ask, because if it's an old 1930's bungalow, a family could have been the second owners and lived there for 50 years with a body in the walls. I can't imagine the mind fuuk that would be...

My first thought as well. Creepy.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Another Candy Man victim found?
Al Bula
AG
Ag13 said:

Skeleton remains found in drywall of house in the heights
"skeletal" is the preferred nomenclature.
Stat Monitor Repairman
My first thought was the candy-man as well.

There are people that think there are candy man victims still buried in the heights. There were accounts of Coril digging holes on his property to bury "spoiled candy" from his family owned candy shop.
smokeythebear
AG
Sounds like the previous owner may have fallen while in the attic, got stuck, and died there. Says the elderly lady was reported missing two years ago.
Waltonloads08
AG
Which seems odd in more ways than one - was there no smell noticed by whoever handled the selling of the house? I assume relatives took care of it...

I'd look at whoever stood to benefit financially from the previous house sale.
spider96
AG
smokeythebear said:

Sounds like the previous owner may have fallen while in the attic, got stuck, and died there. Says the elderly lady was reported missing two years ago.

What a horrible way to go.....
ATM9000
AG
Reminds me of Phoebe Cates Worst Christmas monologue from the Gremlins.
Al Bula
AG
ATM9000 said:

Reminds me of Phoebe Cates Worst Christmas monologue from the Gremlins.
ha! I got a good LOL out this.

For other's reference:
Quote:

The worst thing that ever happened to me was on Christmas. Oh, God. It was so horrible. It was Christmas Eve. I was 9 years old. Me and Mom were decorating the tree, waiting for Dad to come home from work. A couple of hours went by. Dad wasn't home. So Mom called the office. No answer. Christmas Day came and went, and still nothing. So the police began a search. Four or five days went by. Neither one of us could eat or sleep. Everything was falling apart. It was snowing outside. The house was freezing, so I went to try to light up the fire. And that's when I noticed the smell. The firemen came and broke through the chimney top. And me and Mom were expecting them to pull out a dead cat or a bird. And instead they pulled out my father. He was dressed in a Santa Claus suit. He'd been climbing down the chimney on Christmas Eve, his arms loaded with presents. He was gonna surprise us. He slipped and broke his neck. He died instantly. And that's how I found out there was no Santa Claus.
swimmerbabe11
Is the house still for sale?
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Is the house still for sale?
Excellent question. Could get a hell of a deal on a nice property.
Liquid Wrench
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

There are people that think there are candy man victims still buried in the heights. There were accounts of Coril digging holes on his property to bury "spoiled candy" from his family owned candy shop.
There are people convinced that there are still a serial killer or two running around in the area currently. Somehow found myself in a creepy convo with some guy at a Heights-ish bar who was absolutely certain of it. He then said some pretty weird things, and after a while I was just kinda staring at him and he got up and said, "I'm sorry, I've had a few too many drinks and talking more than I should," and left.
swimmerbabe11
Exactly. I'm shopping and not afraid of ghosts.
CincyAg
AG
I can't believe this is the first I've heard of The Candy Man.

Just finished reading his Wikipedia page...creepy as eff.
Al Bula
AG
Turns out she was a crazy cat lady. Once she disappeared, cops went into her house and found all the cats dead. Not hard to imagine disgusting cat piss, turds and carcasses covering up the smell of a decaying body.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
ChiliBeans said:

There are people convinced that there are still a serial killer or two running around in the area currently. Somehow found myself in a creepy convo with some guy at a Heights-ish bar who was absolutely certain of it. He then said some pretty weird things, and after a while I was just kinda staring at him and he got up and said, "I'm sorry, I've had a few too many drinks and talking more than I should," and left.
Dude?

Story time.

And how the hell does somebody "fall" into the space between walls in a bungalow?
Stat Monitor Repairman
I read a couple years ago where there was a local guy trying to make a movie about the Heights candy man. The dude got on good terms with Elmer Wayne Henley's family and they let him have a box of his clothes they had stored away for use in the film.

Never heard anything about it since.
ATM9000
AG
Ironically I think it finally releases this Friday.
smokeythebear
AG
Finn Maccumhail said:

ChiliBeans said:

Dude?

Story time.

And how the hell does somebody "fall" into the space between walls in a bungalow?
It said they were in the attic when they noticed some loose boards. I took that as loose floor boards in the attic, meaning she was in the attic and fell through the attic floor boards and got stuck between two walls instead of falling in the middle of the living room.
redag06
Heard the guy making the movie interviewed on the radio, when they received the box of clothing, they actually were able to discover another of Corll's victims.

Houston Press article on the upcoming movie
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Most walls have a top plate of 2x horizontal 2"x4"s that would prevent you ending up between walls. Even if no top plate was there, the width between walls is typically 4".
smokeythebear
AG
Hey I don't know. You tell me what you interpreted from that article. It wasn't very descriptive.
Flashdiaz
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Most walls have a top plate of 2x horizontal 2"x4"s that would prevent you ending up between walls. Even if no top plate was there, the width between walls is typically 4".
that house was built in the 1930's. even if it still used the same code there's still almost 90 years of history where an owner could have made some modifications.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Looks legit. Glad the director is trying to follow the story true to form. Hope he gets it on Netflix / iTunes and makes a couple bucks off it. He's been working on it for years.

From the article:

"Having failed to find a distributor that would keep the movie as Vargas envisioned it, he has decided to self-distribute it."

Hmmmmm. Wonder what the back story on this was.

I can see where the story might upset at least two groups in and around the entertainment business.
Ag_07
AG
ATM9000 said:

Ironically I think it finally releases this Friday.

Yup.

From Corll's Wiki page (which indeed is an interesting read and fckin creepy as hell). I also had no idea about this whole Candy Man mass murderer. Crazy stuff.

Quote:

Production of an as-yet unreleased film directly based upon the Houston Mass Murders, In a Madman's World, finished in 2014.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Corll#cite_note-190][190][/url] Directed by Josh Vargas, In a Madman's World is directly based upon Elmer Wayne Henley's life before, during, and immediately after his involvement with Dean Corll and David Brooks.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Corll#cite_note-191][191][/url] The film is to be released on March 10, 2017.
JJxvi
AG
I recognize that house. Its one of the holdout houses (hence the giant walls surrounding it and another lot) that the midrise apartments at Yale@6th surround. I remember there being idiot conspiracy speculation that the developer offed her or something when she disappeared.
JJxvi
AG
IIRC there were neighbors who said that she was dead, and that they saw people come and take her body away to the funeral home or whatever when the missing reports came out. So it is a weird deal.
JJxvi
AG
http://www.westheightscoalition.com/post/131696126652/west-heights-resident-mary-cerruti-is-missing-she

Quote:

Nearby work crews have told residents that Mary is deceased and that they saw her body removed from the property. So far, both police and private investigators have been unable to substantiate this claim with any public or police records, so neighbors remain hopeful that Mary will be found alive and well.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
This sounds like Stir of Echoes stuff. Minus the paranormal aspect.
TXTransplant
CincyAg said:

I can't believe this is the first I've heard of The Candy Man.

Just finished reading his Wikipedia page...creepy as eff.

Read the Texas Monthly article by Skip Hollandsworth. It's equal parts incredibly riveting and disturbing.

The original plus two follow-ups.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/the-lost-boys/

http://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/latest-news-on-the-corll-investigation/

http://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/a-closer-look-at-one-of-dean-corlls-victims/

88jrt06
AG
I thought Corll, Henley and Brooks lured in and killed at least 27+ kids, many in the Heights. Mostly male teen runaways, tortured, sexually assaulted, buried in a boathouse and on High Island.
Henley killed Corll (ringleader) because Henley thought he was next. Corll worked at HL&P. Confusion might be Corll's family(?) owned candy shop, but don't recall him being called "Candy-Man" because....

The "Candy Man" was the TSO employee who murdered kids on Halloween with pixie sticks...attempt to collect insurance $$ on his kid(s). Pasadena?

No?
JJxvi
AG
Corll was nicknamed the candy man because his family owned a small candy factory.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
88jrt06 said:

I thought Corll, Henley and Brooks lured in and killed at least 27+ kids, many in the Heights. No "Candy-Man" nickname. Mostly male teen runaways, tortured, sexually assaulted, buried in a boathouse and on High Island.
Henley killed Corll (ringleader) because Henley thought he was next. Corll worked at HL&P. Confusion might be Corll's family(?) owned candy shop, but don't recall him being called "Candy-Man" because....

The "Candy Man" was the TSO employee who poisoned kids on Halloween with pixie sticks...attempt to collect insurance $$ on his kid(s). Pasadena?

No?

Incorrect. The "Candy Man" was Corll because his family owned a candy shop in the Heights.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.