Houston
Sponsored by

Working in Conroe

6,566 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by HBCanine08
Bondag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Based on your social activities live in the apartment across from 24 hour fitness in Midtown. Much cheaper to Uber back there than it would be to Woodlands.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Just use this as an opportunity to move back to CS and commute down 105/hwy 6 everyday.
Bondag
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Just use this as an opportunity to move back to CS and commute down 105/hwy 6 everyday.
That would be my answer if he wasn't going downtown or bar hopping 3 nights a week.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Just go to Northgate instead.
TX_AG_10
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Good ole Rainbow Roller Rink.

I'm pretty sure I spent a couple hundred there on the arcade games!
Sock Races and speed skates FTW! That's about the main thing I remember about that place.. and it always had a very distinct smell!
Bondag
AG
TX_AG_10 said:

OnlyForNow said:

Good ole Rainbow Roller Rink.

I'm pretty sure I spent a couple hundred there on the arcade games!
Sock Races and speed skates FTW! That's about the main thing I remember about that place.. and it always had a very distinct smell!
Tobacco and urine?
OnlyForNow
AG
No. I remember old/stale and burned popcorn, spilled coke (soda), and cheap pizza.
aggiecive
AG
LostInLA07 said:

Shenandoah

I live in Shenandoah and it is a great spot. Up until 5 weeks ago I worked in conroe too. My commute was roughly 10 min. Being right on 45 is a great adavantage to those west in the Woodlands.
mm98
AG

Quote:

I live in Shenandoah and it is a great spot. Up until 5 weeks ago I worked in conroe too. My commute was roughly 10 min. Being right on 45 is a great adavantage to those west in the Woodlands.

Agree. I grew up in Oak Ridge North in the 80s/90s, right on the feeder road. It made getting to Conroe so easy.
ATM9000
AG
aTm2004 said:

True story about Cut N' Shoot. You know the skating rink on 336, right? When I was in HS, cell phones were pretty scarce, and those who had them, were afraid to use them because they might go over their 100 or so minutes per month. Well, one of my friends was screwing around with this girl from Caney Creek HS. She asked if we could pick her up from her little brother's birthday party they were having at the roller rink there, and we told her we would.

When we arrived to pick her up, they wouldn't let us walk in without paying. Given we were both broke ***** who didn't want to spend what little beer money we had to go in for 2 minutes, we went outside and called information from my parent's cell phone. When the lady asked for city and state, I told her "Cut N' Shoot, TX." She asked me to repeat it, which I did. She then started acting like I was prank calling her, and I was like "no, it really is a town in Texas. It's cut like with a knife, and shoot like with a gun." The whole time, I'm trying to keep my composure while my buddy is laughing his ass off in the passenger seat. After a couple of minutes of trying to convince her that it was a real town and it wasn't a prank, she finally found it and was like "I'll be damned" but told me it was actually in Conroe. She gave me the number and I called to have the girl paged. Lucky for me, she brought a friend along. My buddy and I still laugh about that today.

Great story.
MOCO9
AG
Smith&Co1970 said:

My office is in Cut N' Shoot, but I live in Conroe proper.
Cut N Shoot Mafia 4 life
byfLuger41
AG
MOCO9 said:

Smith&Co1970 said:

My office is in Cut N' Shoot, but I live in Conroe proper.
Cut N Shoot Mafia 4 life

fo lyfe*
MOCO9
AG
Smith&Co1970 said:

My office is in Cut N' Shoot, but I am still Conroe trash.
FIFY
Al Bula
AG
The citizens of Livingston, Splendora and Cleveland are envious of the OP's situation.
aTm2004
AG
Splendora Wildcat here!
byfLuger41
AG
MOCO9 said:

Smith&Co1970 said:

My office is in Cut N' Shoot, but I am still Conroe trash.
FIFY

I have assimilated into the Conroe trash I was meant to be and gosh darn it, people like me.

byfLuger41
AG
RPM said:

The citizens of Livingston, Willis, Splendora and Cleveland are envious of the OP's situation.
RingOfive
AG
Quote:

I go to networking events about 1-3 times a month, usually on Tuesdays or Thursdays in or around downtown.
Man. This makes you sound like a real dewsh.
The Wonderer
AG
RingOfive said:

Quote:

I go to networking events about 1-3 times a month, usually on Tuesdays or Thursdays in or around downtown.
wtf?
Texaggie7nine
The Wonderer said:

RingOfive said:

Quote:

wtf?
Yeah, I don't get that.

If he posted this part

Quote:

Gym (24 hr fitness) before work
Then I would agree.
7nine
HBCanine08
AG
RingOfive said:

Quote:

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.