Houston
Sponsored by

Just got road rage hit and runned on the Beltway

26,186 Views | 232 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
ccolley68
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
There is no working zipper technique exiting downtown. There are those sheep forming a line and waiting patiently and there are us herders waving thanks in our rear views as we zip on by to the front of the line.
Look for the driver on their phone.

Or the 18-wheeler/box truck/something towing a heavy trailer- they can't accelerate quickly and always leave gaps

Minivan every time FTW!!!
Jaydoug
AG
wessimo
AG
quote:
spreadsheet did nothing wrong. One person broke the law here, and it wasn't him. And let's be honest - most people here have tapped their brakes without *needing* to because of some jackass behind them. Don't act all high and mighty.

Doesn't really matter who is right and who is wrong when the other guy is nuts, angry and possibly armed.
ClickClack
AG
Which is exactly my point. The other guy was crazy. End of thread.
wessimo
AG
quote:

Your point is that it is a good idea to brake check crazy drivers if they are breaking the law, even if that means you might get shot?
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
quote:

Your point is that it is a good idea to brake check crazy drivers if they are breaking the law, even if that means you might get shot?
ClickClack
AG
quote:
quote:

Nope.
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
quote:
Well it wasn't my finer moment, but I didn't break the law - he did... Talked to the LEO, dude has priors and several warrants. He DID have insurance, and 2 witnesses also called in to report the accident which helps my case.

I actually got alot of info from the LEO, whereby I could track this guy down very quickly. But I won't. Not worth it.
Send the ****er dildos for Christmas every year with a note telling him that you know who he is.
I'll Just Leave this Here (Should be SFW)
CDUB98
AG
quote:
The asshats are the ones that drive up to the front of a line in a lane that isn't exiting and cut in front. Folks cause accidents and frequently end up stuck blocking both lanes because their time is so important.
Can't blue star this enough.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
No problem with that when lanes are merging. The asshats are the ones that drive up to the front of a line in a lane that isn't exiting and cut in front. Folks cause accidents and frequently end up stuck blocking both lanes because their time is so important.

These ****ers deserve no,less than to have a hot blowtorch sear their ballsac while they scream in agaony and have to munch on Rosie Odonnel's butthole after taco night.
Liquid Wrench

quote:
The asshats are the ones that drive up to the front of a line in a lane that isn't exiting and cut in front. Folks cause accidents and frequently end up stuck blocking both lanes because their time is so important.
What about if the lanes are exiting? You can always count on an extra lane of 610 being blocked off just before the I-10 exit by sociopaths who are too smart to wait in that line.
230Ag
AG
you would have really made your point if he would have pulled up and shot your arss, OP. nice work, sir!

not sure what sympathy you want from us when you brake checked him and caused him to want to rear-end you. I think it is pretty funny, actually. if you want to dish it out, you have to be willing to receive it to. you can't come whining when someone calls your play and re-raises you back.
pb488
AG
quote:
you would have really made your point if he would have pulled up and shot your arss, OP. nice work, sir!

not sure what sympathy you want from us when you brake checked him and caused him to want to rear-end you. I think it is pretty funny, actually. if you want to dish it out, you have to be willing to receive it to. you can't come whining when someone calls your play and re-raises you back.

a brake check is equivalent to purposefully running into a car? gtfo

play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
JYDog90
AG
I don't understand why you folks think tapping your breaks to blink you lights is so offensive. He didn't hit his breaks to slow down 10mph, he just blinked his lights.

Y'all taking the tailgaters side in this is mind boggling.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
I don't understand why you folks think tapping your breaks to blink you lights is so offensive. He didn't hit his breaks to slow down 10mph, he just blinked his lights.

Y'all taking the tailgaters side in this is mind boggling.
Says the slow mfer in the left hand lane

Liquid Wrench
quote:

Jesus, really have some psychos around here.
drumboy
AG
quote:

quote:
What about if the lanes are exiting? You can always count on an extra lane of 610 being blocked off just before the I-10 exit by sociopaths who are too smart to wait in that line.
You talking about on the East or West side? West side isn't great, but man those chachos on the hard working east side going north on 610 and then East on 10 are a bunch of jackasses. I'm always heading West on 10 and I have to be the guy that flies past the traffic and cuts in at the last second cause the people heading East have the lanes going West blocked off cause they're trying to merge in late.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
This an effective brake check.

Actually, that lane squatter should have moved over to allow faster traffic to pass. There was plenty of room after that car merge from the on-ramp...

That ****er moved over as soon as the tailgater wrecked. They were just trying to be an ass.
drumboy
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually, that lane squatter should have moved over to allow faster traffic to pass. There was plenty of room after that car merge from the on-ramp...

That ****er moved over as soon as the tailgater wrecked. They were just trying to be an ass.
That's the point.

I had a Corolla on my @ss on 10 near Studewood a couple years ago and without me even tapping the brakes he started swerving to get my attention or something and lost it smashing into the guardrail.
NickNaylor
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's the point.

I had a Corolla on my @ss on 10 near Studewood a couple years ago and without me even tapping the brakes he started swerving to get my attention or something and lost it smashing into the guardrail.

Stop breaking the law while being a complete and total piece of **** ******* and let people pass you.
88jrt06
AG
Brake-checker just helping Darwin along.
Nicely executed. Screw tailgaters.
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's the point.

I was driving north on BW8 feeder just north of Briar Forest one day. It goes from 3 lanes to 2 right where that toll plaza is. I'm in middle lane, in front coming off the BF light, with someone to my right. A 350z comes up from behind on left lane, not sure if he did a uturn back at BF, or was just further back in line at light and weeved his way up to front in the left lane, he is obviously looking to pass me up before his left lane ends. Well he does, having to go maybe 70 to do it, and passes me just as lane ends (I remained the same speed), but he decides he wants to show off I guess, and just after he passes me, he floors it to go even faster (leave me in his dust I suppose). 2 seconds later all I see are his back wheels spin out (it was damp pavement), he loses control, veers off to the right and nails the huge sound barrier wall there, then veers back to the left and nails the curb right by the BW8 exit for briar hill. He ends up facing south on the grass. His car is totally banged up, all of the front is totally mashed, lost a mirror, wheels were out of whack. As I passed him I look over and he looks at me.. I just kind of smiled. Good thing I didn't just ruin my day all on my own.

drumboy
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's the point.

Stop breaking the law while being a complete and total piece of **** ******* and let people pass you.
Me? I was going well over 70 without many cars around and was in the left lane because the left exit to 45 was coming up.
Football&Finance
AG
That video may be funny/cathartic until you wonder if some innocent kids had the misfortune to be born to that driver and were riding in the backseat.
ClickClack
AG
I have no issue with your post or anything about the corolla, but I want to clarify that the left lane is not the fast lane. It's the passing lane.

Not saying you are guilty of this, but people seem to think they can hang out in the left lane as long as they're going "fast", however you define that. But it's pretty easy to define if you're actively passing someone or not. Problem solved.
62strat
AG
quote:
I have no issue with your post or anything about the corolla, but I want to clarify that the left lane is not the fast lane. It's the passing lane.

Not saying you are guilty of this, but people seem to think they can hang out in the left lane as long as they're going "fast", however you define that. But it's pretty easy to define if you're actively passing someone or not. Problem solved.
Are you talking about on a multilane freeway like in houston, or I-10 in between cities type highway?

Because if you are in Houston driving on a freeway, if you are in left lane, you WILL be continually be passing people until your destination pretty much. Unless it's middle of the night.

This idea of left lane is for passing only doesn't really apply in daily houston traffic. You are not expected to pass a car, then get over. Then 2 seconds later, pass a car, then get over.. etc. etc. that's ridiculous, and hazardous.
Texan1976
quote:
I had a similar situation with an 18 wheeler somewhere on east coast driving up to NYC. There was a long line semis in right lane, so I got in left lane to pass. No one in front of me. After I pass the first one (in the back of the line of semis), he gets over in left lane behind me, right up on me. I'm going about 10 over the speed limit, still steadily passing semis. All I see in mirror is his grill (I'm in my brother's audi sedan). I tap my brakes. It pisses him off. He actually gets right up on my rear bumper and bumps me.. like, enough of a bump that my head swung back a bit.. and we're going 80mph.

I increased my speed to finish passing all these semis and got over in right lane, and he flies by me, had to be 90+. I'm like, later dude, I have to stop and change my underwear.
Had an 18 wheeler harassing me once at night. My brother was in my truck with me. He backed off real quick when my brother shined a 2.5 million candle power Q beam at his face. Worked better than a gun.
aggiebq03+
quote:
quote:

Are you talking about on a multilane freeway like in houston, or I-10 in between cities type highway?

Because if you are in Houston driving on a freeway, if you are in left lane, you WILL be continually be passing people until your destination pretty much. Unless it's middle of the night.

This idea of left lane is for passing only doesn't really apply in daily houston traffic. You are not expected to pass a car, then get over. Then 2 seconds later, pass a car, then get over.. etc. etc. that's ridiculous, and hazardous.

Yes you are *******.
Get out of the ****ing left lane and as far right as you can if you aren't passing so others who want to go faster can pass you.
Liquid Wrench

quote:
Get out of the ****ing left lane and as far right as you can if you aren't passing so others who want to go faster can pass you.
Make me. I dare you.
FW Declerk
quote:

quote:
Make me. I dare you.

Woah you mad
htxag09
AG
quote:

quote:
Make me. I dare you.

So ****ing stupid. This is the root of all problems. Everyone on the road thinks they are more important than everyone else. This goes for the speeders, those going slow in the left lane, everyone. If everyone just realized you aren't the only ****ing person on the road and had the slightest bit of consideration for other drivers, **** would go so much more smoothly.

Congratulations on being a bad ass. Don't get mad at that other ****** who decides to tailgate you. Or actually, make him stop, I dare you.
ccolley68
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:
Make me. I dare you.

So ****ing stupid. This is the root of all problems. Everyone on the road thinks they are more important than everyone else. This goes for the speeders, those going slow in the left lane, everyone. If everyone just realized you aren't the only ****ing person on the road and had the slightest bit of consideration for other drivers, **** would go so much more smoothly.

Congratulations on being a bad ass. Don't get mad at that other ****** who decides to tailgate you. Or actually, make him stop, I dare you.

Sounds like an argument for self driving cars
Cyprian
AG
I don't brake check, but I do turn into an 90 year old female asian when I get tailgated.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
I don't brake check, but I do turn into an 90 year old female asian when I get tailgated.
Passive aggressive driving for the win!
AlaskanAg99
AG
All this is why I want to get a gopro for my dash and upload the BestOf to the youtubers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.