Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,244,109 Views | 19967 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by double aught
mavsfan4ever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep. If they were up front about it or at least didn't lie and bull**** to everyone, then I may actually follow them to the freak for their time slot. But not if that ends up happening now. Just don't say anything if you are going to the Freak. Or just say you are going. Radio seems to have this weird thing where they think they can't announce that they are going to a competing station. That isn't competing if you announce it. But I guess it's just industry standard or something.

And I would never listen to them if they are paired with rhyner anyways. I guess he was good at one time but I even doubt that. I've been listening for 14-15 years and he's bored me since day one.
Macarthur
I really didn't listen to them much during the day so no way in hell I follow them to the freak.
mavsfan4ever
AG
What do you think their angle is? To do YouTube or a podcast? I was a huge HZ fan (by far my favorite show) and listened to almost every show they've done via the usaveit website. But I really don't think I would even pay to listen to their podcast. Maybe I would give it a try annd keep listening if it's great. And if I'm on the fence, I can't imagine many else would pay to listen to them.

Whether the freak is their angle or not, I think there is Avery good chance they end up there. Bc that was their plan all along or bc they fail at YouTube/podcasting and then go there as a backup plan.
txag2008
AG
ac04 said:

If a tree falls in an empty forest, does it make a sound??
Hincemm
AG
Yes. I think their angle is 99% podcast
hoosier-daddy
Mom Game says Dan and Jake took cuts to pay furloughed people during covid.

Last 14 minutes if you're interested.
themomgamepod.com/podcast-1/episode/79578f2d/seeked-or-sought
txag2008
AG
Yah that was pretty well known.

PatAg
AG
I will never take anything Corby says at face value, dude has lived in a bubble as the favorite at that company. He has no business being the main host of the drive time show.
With radio money dwindling you already have a LOT of money tied up in Corby, the Musers, and Bob. Everyone else has to be wiling to take less, or bet on themselves. First Sirois, now Jake and Dan.
Goldie Wilson
mavsfan4ever said:

What do you think their angle is? To do YouTube or a podcast? I was a huge HZ fan (by far my favorite show) and listened to almost every show they've done via the usaveit website. But I really don't think I would even pay to listen to their podcast. Maybe I would give it a try annd keep listening if it's great. And if I'm on the fence, I can't imagine many else would pay to listen to them.

Whether the freak is their angle or not, I think there is Avery good chance they end up there. Bc that was their plan all along or bc they fail at YouTube/podcasting and then go there as a backup plan.
I think it's clear at this point that their angle is to have the flexibility to do multiple things, rather than just a mid day radio show. I could see them doing a podcast, something on YouTube, and a show on the Freak.

Almost 1000 people pay $5 / month for IJB podcasts, so I disagree that not many people would pay for their podcast. I'm sure the Dan and Jake show could easily get a few thousand right off the bat at $5 or $10 per. No, that in and of itself doesn't replace a Ticket salary, but that + YouTube + The Freak probably gets pretty close. But I don't think this is just about money, it's about having the freedom and flexibility to have multiple different projects going simultaneously. I think this is where the "they wanted to do something different" narrative comes from - they didn't necessarily want to stop making the Hang Zone on the Ticket, they just also felt strongly about being able to do other stuff in addition to the Ticket but Cumulus wouldn't let them.
sterlicious
AG
I think they will eventually end up at The Freak whether that was their original intent or not.

I, too, can't believe Jake waited so long for a hosting job only to give it up so quickly.

The thing that sucks is how The Ticket's bench is so shallow and now they have 5 hours to fill. I like Work in Progress and the Kickaround as weekend shows. Not sure about middays. I think Justin is the next closest to being a host.
Demasiado
AG
The link was all Dirk. Which episode did they talk about D&J?
Just Tired
in the segment the other morning junior said the would soon be introducing three new hosts. sounds like not combining 10-3. don't know if all three will be from the current bench. for now it's just gordo segments for me.
walton91
I think yesterday Corby mentioned there would be announcements during training camp. Im thinking Monty in Norms place, which im good with. However we may need to start a betting thread on how this plays out. Do they move Donnie to afternoons? Do they elevate Sean or Davey? Do they go outside? So many possibilities
AW 1880
AG
Yesterday, Corby was talking about how the Ticket bench was deeper than ever. Ha - they have 7/8ths of one host in all of tiers 2 and 3.
752bro4
AG
AW 1880 said:

Yesterday, Corby was talking about how the Ticket bench was deeper than ever. Ha - they have 7/8ths of one host in all of tiers 2 and 3.

Killer thought taking Norm to training camp was a hassle. Imagine pushing all 500 lbs of Monty through LAX while lugging equipment!
Old Tom Morris
I could see Donnie going 12-3 with someone new and Monty 10-12 with one new. Those two together just don't seem like a mix, and this way they'd have some manner of Ticket continuity for both shows
Ag CPA
AG
They have to bring in someone from outside (if they can afford it). Doocy makes the most sense for Norm's job but I don't know if he would do every day or something similar to what Hansen signed up for years ago.

Not sure what the other options are. Followill? Delkus? Hawkeye (which I think belongs at the Ticket, he is being wasted at KSCS)?
hoosier-daddy
Keep in mind that surely Mino leaves if Monty gets a gig and he doesn't
FTAco07
AG
Where tf is Mino going to go?
hoosier-daddy
Chili's is a fine establishment
mavsfan4ever
AG
Yea no one is going to give mino a gig. Seems like a nice guy but he has nothing when it comes to hosting. I've mentioned this before but a big part of it is because he loves such a boring life. Loving a fun life makes radio so much easier bc it gives you so many segment ideas (this is why sirois is so good).

Plus mino tries to perfectly annunciate everything, which makes it seem like he has no personality at all. I think he has a decent personality/sense of humor but it doesn't come across at all because he sounds like a robot.
Old Tom Morris
hoosier-daddy said:

Keep in mind that surely Mino leaves if Monty gets a gig and he doesn't

Meh. He's chok from Hangover 2. He's got nothing

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/a88616a1-4590-4880-8e78-4b5b703148ff

Danny Vermin
mavsfan4ever said:

Yea no one is going to give mono a gig. Seems like a nice guy but he has nothing when it comes to hosting. I've mentioned this before but a big part of it is because he loves such a boring life.

It's because he's is deeply in the closet and I'm pretty sure he's Craig's real twink. Nobody on the ticket compliments a man's looks more than Mino if you are paying attention.
J.P. 03
AG
walton91 said:

I think yesterday Corby mentioned there would be announcements during training camp.

Does Elf normally go to training camp with them? This morning he was promoting the camp coverage and said something along the lines of "all the ticket guys will be there" followed by mentioning that he'd be out there, too. Curious if he tags along every year or if he's going because he's auditioning for a move to a more permanent weekday role.
Old Tom Morris
The thought of Elf crossed my mind a few days ago. Please no, but I could see them going that route if money is tight. Talk about fail if a guy who failed at a competitor is a choice here. He's also in his 60s.
ftworthag02
AG
I know elf has been to training camp previously but I don't think it was with the ticket. He's talked about them hanging out together at nobu
Robert C. Christian
AG
Goldie Wilson
Dammit Dan! You make a damn joke out of everything!
WC87
AG
ftworthag02 said:

I know elf has been to training camp previously but I don't think it was with the ticket. He's talked about them hanging out together at nobu
Elf pays his own way to training camp and does hang out with the other guys, he has talked about that in the past on his Sunday show. I think he goes almost every year.
MW03
AG
Dan and Jake released 1h12m video on youtube dubbed "The Dumb Zone" that is segmented. Interesting.

GarlandAg2012
AG
MW03 said:

Dan and Jake released 1h12m video on youtube dubbed "The Dumb Zone" that is segmented. Interesting.

Still listening but so far the biggest news is they are planning to do a "1 Free then 3" model. For free you get 1 episode per week and then for $6.90/month you get 3 more per week. Also offering a $69.00/year package. Haven't said what platform it will be.

Mentioned they thought the Freak reshuffle was odd. Mentioned The Freak by name.

Have had a could S bombs.
Goldie Wilson
I plan on subscribing depending on what platform they use. Hopefully them using YT is short lived
Old Tom Morris
GarlandAg2012 said:

$6.90/month you get 3 more per week. Also offering a $69.00/year.

Nice.

Not really. I can't see paying money to listen to these dudes, but good luck to them.
Legal Custodian
AG
In case you missed it, Craig said there might be a big announcement next week.

Also, get ready for the daily cowboys presser interrupting WTDS
Hincemm
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

offering a $69.00/year package.
very nice. i'll subscribe
First Page Last Page
Page 494 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.