Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,243,903 Views | 19967 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by double aught
Danny Vermin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jake is an arrogant ******** but he works hard. Dan is quick witted but a dumbass. I fully expect them to go to the Freak or 105.3 at some point. Have to remember, Danny , Julie and Siros absolutely lied to the p1s and the other hosts when they left. They absolutely knew there was going to be a new format at 97.1 before they left.
double aught
AG
FTAco07 said:

Really going to hit hard at training camp that they aren't there. Those two are always among the stars of the group trips.
Will probably hit the two of them hard too. That's gotta be one of the biggest perks of the job.

It's funny to me that Jake worked his ass off for years (a decade?) to get a hosting gig and was finally able to make those trips and enjoy other benefits. Then he bails after a few years.
powerbelly
AG
Corby just said podcast ownership was important to them
Spaceship
AG
stew0720 said:

Big shakeup at the freak incoming…. Stay tuned, might drop tonight.
chick79
AG
I just missed it. Something big happened on the ticket.
Hincemm
AG
stew0720 said:

Big shakeup at the freak incoming…. Stay tuned, might drop tonight.
this man knows what he's talking about.
FTAco07
AG
If they're smart they'll drop the two idiots on the morning show with Julie and do whatever it takes to get D&J reunited with Julie for morning drive.

I don't personally like Ben and Skin, but they definitely have a following. Add in a presumably decent afternoon drive show and they might be able to survive.
RabbleRouser07
AG
Can we get an exclusive? Maybe a hint?
Spaceship
AG
chick79 said:

I just missed it. Something big happened on the ticket.

Mike Rhyner retired.
chick79
AG
I figured it was one last money grab for Rhynes. He doesn't have it anymore. I've never liked Ben and Skin but it looks like they have survived.
FTAco07
AG
No Rhyns retirement yet. Moving Danny and Mikey to morning drive with KT and afternoon drive is going to be Rhyns, Julie, and Jeff Cav.

More blatant talk about more big changes coming soon but can't talk about them yet. Maybe this is temporary until D&J can go and Rhyns retires to give them pm drive with Julie.

One last middle finger to Cumulus and Corby
Spaceship
AG
chick79 said:

I figured it was one last money grab for Rhynes. He doesn't have it anymore. I've never liked Ben and Skin but it looks like they have survived.

I was joking. Rhyner left the Ticket 18 months ago FYI
Old Tom Morris
He retired before covid
Rubble
AG
He left way longer that 18 months ago. I moved out of state two years ago and he had been gone at least a year prior.
FincAg
AG
He's been gone for like a decade even when pulling a paycheck from Cumulus.
Spaceship
AG
Rubble said:

He left way longer that 18 months ago. I moved out of state two years ago and he had been gone at least a year prior.

Well what do I know… I thought it was Dec 2021.
Ag CPA
AG
FTAco07 said:

No Rhyns retirement yet. Moving Danny and Mikey to morning drive with KT and afternoon drive is going to be Rhyns, Julie, and Jeff Cav.

More blatant talk about more big changes coming soon but can't talk about them yet. Maybe this is temporary until D&J can go and Rhyns retires to give them pm drive with Julie.

One last middle finger to Cumulus and Corby
Assuming HZ ever goes to afternoon drive, if I were the Freak I would just rotate Mike between the shows (until he's done), kind of like what Gordo has been doing to a limited extent the past year.
powerbelly
AG
The hang zone going to afternoon drive might kill bob
ac04
Ag CPA
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Jake is an arrogant ******** but he works hard. Dan is quick witted but a dumbass. I fully expect them to go to the Freak or 105.3 at some point. Have to remember, Danny , Julie and Siros absolutely lied to the p1s and the other hosts when they left. They absolutely knew there was going to be a new format at 97.1 before they left.
Wasn't Julie more or less laid off during Covid (on vacation or whatever the bit was)?

Agree on the other two.
FTAco07
AG
ac04 said:

They're going to end the afternoon drive program at 6? That seems crazy
t - cam
AG
Ag CPA said:

Danny Vermin said:

Wasn't Julie more or less laid off during Covid (on vacation or whatever the bit was)?

Agree on the other two.

I can't imagine anyone at the ticket got mad. Those guys felt they had been passed over and neither left when there was even a hint that the freak would happen.
Stive
AG
How long will Danny B handle the 5 AM wake up call?
t - cam
AG
Stive said:

How long will Danny B handle the 5 AM wake up call?

He's had a very young kid for the last year. Probably good timing for him.
clobby
AG
I wonder how big the cut was to make them leave
ftworthag02
AG
There's an opening for 10-2
ac04
yeah that's the punchline i think. will be interesting to see how quickly that move can happen.
mavsfan4ever
AG
I think D&J are likely going to the Freak. Maybe they are just playing up the podcast angle to give them an excuse to leave. And I think it's ****ty that they are lying to their friends of 20+ years if the plan really is to go to the freak. Maybe they will say "well we didn't lie. It was about the podcasts. The Freak will allow us to do a podcast on the side" or something like that. Still ****ty if that's the case and I'll lose alot of respect for them.

But we will see. I hope I'm wrong.
Old Tom Morris
Agree. Feeling a bit like "gonna try something different, maybe podcasting" is an attempt at a face-saving, slow band-aid peel off. If they land at the Freak by the end of this year, we all know what happened
Spaceship
AG
If Danny Balis of all people is a morning drive host in a major radio market, it's the most charmed life I've ever seen.
zag213004
AG
So is Ben and skin out at the freak?
Ol Jock 99
AG
ftworthag02 said:

There's an opening for 10-2

That's Ben and Skin's spot, right? So, no. Not open. Just not changing.
Old Tom Morris
I feel like that afternoon drive is setting up for Rhynes to step back again. Hand it over to HZ, have Julie and Grubes with them (basically a reunion), and Rhynes sort of looms as the godfather. Not a regular host but still present at times across all the shows
ftworthag02
AG
Ah, sorry I'm not a freak aficionado, if that's an even a word. Still not interested
Hincemm
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

I think D&J are likely going to the Freak. Maybe they are just playing up the podcast angle to give them an excuse to leave. And I think it's ****ty that they are lying to their friends of 20+ years if the plan really is to go to the freak. Maybe they will say "well we didn't lie. It was about the podcasts. The Freak will allow us to do a podcast on the side" or something like that. Still ****ty if that's the case and I'll lose alot of respect for them.

But we will see. I hope I'm wrong.

I could not disagree more. Don't think that's there angle whatsoever
First Page Last Page
Page 493 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.