Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,242,935 Views | 19957 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by ChipFTAC01
Silvertaps
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hoosier-daddy said:

https://247sports.com/article/texas-am-receiver-ainias-smith-nil-factor-in-aggies-drop-in-2022-212929504/

When a reporter at SEC Football Media Days asked Texas A&M fifth-year senior wide receiver Ainias Smith to diagnose the program's recent shortcomings despite the talent of its recruits and the state of its facilities, Smith identified...individualism, including through the pursuit of NIL deals

Article is sub only…care to summarize?
An article by Chip Brown on anything A&M already has me skeptical.
hoosier-daddy
New players from #1 class only cared about money. Wouldn't take coaching or advice

Corby pointed out that isn't specific to A&M. Coaches have to be careful what kind of ppl they bring in.
Hincemm
AG
Silvertaps said:

East Dallas Ag said:

TheClaw07 said:

Next segment is about NIL… specifically about Ags and whether NIL "crumbled the team"
I cant think of two people on the Ticket I would rather hear less talk about A&M than Corby and Mino.

Not listening right now, so curious about their source material. They running with the $30m Sliced Bread rumor? So they really think NIL was the majority reason that class "crumbled"? Did they study the remaining roster to find the main core of that class is still at A&M? Did they discuss Chris Marshall ALSO getting dismissed from Ole Miss?

You're expecting a well researched, well thought out segment?!
DallasAg03
AG
Was anyone listening 1 or 2 weeks ago when Corby discovered detached garages. "People like play cornhole in there and stuff" LOL
Silvertaps
AG
Hincemm said:

Silvertaps said:

East Dallas Ag said:

TheClaw07 said:

Next segment is about NIL… specifically about Ags and whether NIL "crumbled the team"
I cant think of two people on the Ticket I would rather hear less talk about A&M than Corby and Mino.

Not listening right now, so curious about their source material. They running with the $30m Sliced Bread rumor? So they really think NIL was the majority reason that class "crumbled"? Did they study the remaining roster to find the main core of that class is still at A&M? Did they discuss Chris Marshall ALSO getting dismissed from Ole Miss?

You're expecting a well researched, well thought out segment?!

My comment was a bit sarcastic. I enjoy the show, but I don't expect anything accurate out of those guys when discussing these matters. Bob is the only person that has close to accurate sports knowledge that I trust.

IMO, NIL might have been an attraction, but not a cause for certain players to affect the team and leave. Marshall and now potentially Smoke Bowie being dismissed by Georgia might show the bigger common denominator.
TheClaw07
AG
Painted NIL issues as veteran guys without big deals would try to give advice to younger guys who are making a bunch of money and the young guys were just laughing at them and not caring.

Lots of general stuff that showed they didn't really look at our season and the injuries and youth being major factors in the struggles. Kind of acted like all of the 5 stars came in and did that despite multiple examples of our 5 stars clearly buying in and being players as true freshmen. Did mention a couple were no longer here and used that as evidence they didn't buy in.
Overall it turned into a segment about NIL being out of control and creating issues for teams controlling the star guys but made several comments about Jimbo and the season and A&M that felt like they were just talking crap for the sake of it.
hoosier-daddy
Yes they said Jimbo has severely under delivered results. You disagree?

As for the NIL guys hurting the team, that was directly from Smith.

Stop trying to be offended Aggie
Ol Sarge Friday
thriller03 said:

These are good points. The interconnective tissue helps a lot. That said, they can also broaden their audience I guess if they go towards a podcast.
I like them but I don't see that happening. Not sure anybody unfamiliar would stick around long enough to develop a taste for their style.
TheClaw07
AG
I'm not offended at all.

If they want to point at a couple bad apples that's fine. I think they painted it as a class-wide issue, despite the fact that the majority of the 5 star guys are still on the team, appear to be bought in, and expected to be big contributors this year.
When they make the claim that NIL was THE REASON we underperformed last year, that's disingenuous at best.
They also said we used a charity to pay NIL money to kids. That was the school in Austin, not us.
There's nothing Corby and his sidekick (honestly not sure who was filling in) could say that could offend me, Hoosier.
Hincemm
AG
closed out the hardline...is there hope?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/984693506905894962/1131013901568446464/Screen_Recording_20230718_190506_SportsDay.mp4
beagle2009
AG
Link won't work for me and I don't have discord. Care to paraphrase please?
hoosier-daddy
Worked for me.
Hincemm
AG
beagle2009 said:

Link won't work for me and I don't have discord. Care to paraphrase please?
"Hold a thought for whoever needs a good thought, join hands, and remember: there's a chance."
dave94
AG
beagle2009
AG
Thanks brother
CampingAg
AG
RIP WTDS, Picks With Friends, random viral/controversial guests (i.e. Baby Gronk)...what else?
GarlandAg2012
AG
Twitter seems to be indicating there is some hope
AG
Cowboys crow line?
ftworthag02
AG
Greg McElroy
BClark
AG
DMN says Donnie and Sean Bass taking over noon-3.
ftworthag02
AG
Pass!
AG
this is shaping up to be a wasteland from 10am-5:30am

only reason I tuned in to corby and mino was to hear if they'd acknowledge anything
Birdbear
AG
Damn, RIP to the HZ. Dan/Jake/Julie lunch hour would absolutely make me a Freak convert. That's what I'm hoping for at this point.
MW03
AG
If I never have to hear the scratch sounder between crow line calls again, than it's worth the trade
Spaceship
AG
Sorry to be "that guy" but can someone briefly summarize what's going on with Dan and Jake?
Old School Brother
AG
Spaceship said:

Sorry to be "that guy" but can someone briefly summarize what's going on with Dan and Jake?
They were negotiating a new contract, couldn't come to an agreement with Cumulus and decided to walk. Main sticking point, as I understand it, was that they wanted digital media rights to the podcasts of their show.
dave94
AG
Old School Brother said:

Spaceship said:

They were negotiating a new contract, couldn't come to an agreement with Cumulus and decided to walk. Main sticking point, as I understand it, was that they wanted digital media rights to the podcasts of their show.
The leaked email said "competing digital media interests" so I think it might be more of outside gigs like podcasts, etc. Maybe even that Jake couldn't continue IJB?
mavsfan4ever
AG
I'm a huge HZ fan, but it seems very dumb/naive of them to think cumulus would give them digital media rights. They thought that cumulus would just say "sure we will give you digital rights so that you can post your show online and charge for it (probably without ads) and then no one will listen to the radio anymore. Sure we don't see a problem with that."

Plus, everyone knows radio is going downhill, so it seems no radio station is going to give away digital rights. Even one as dumb as cumulus.

There was no chance in hell that was ever going to happen. If they were offered good pay and that was the only sticking point, then that's dumb in my opinion. But maybe there is more to it.
Spaceship
AG
dave94 said:

Old School Brother said:

Spaceship said:

The leaked email said "competing digital media interests" so I think it might be more of outside gigs like podcasts, etc. Maybe even that Jake couldn't continue IJB?

Thank you both.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Ok, outside interests would make more sense than the podcast of the show. But if the outside interests are basically just a talk show that includes content that they use or could use on the show, then I somewhat get cumulus' position on it.
Goldie Wilson
mavsfan4ever said:

I'm a huge HZ fan, but it seems very dumb/naive of them to think cumulus would give them digital media rights. They thought that cumulus would just say "sure we will give you digital rights so that you can post your show online and charge for it (probably without ads) and then no one will listen to the radio anymore. Sure we don't see a problem with that."

Plus, everyone knows radio is going downhill, so it seems no radio station is going to give away digital rights. Even one as dumb as cumulus.

There was no chance in hell that was ever going to happen. If they were offered good pay and that was the only sticking point, then that's dumb in my opinion. But maybe there is more to it.
I could see Dan and Jake's request being something along the lines of: "You (Cumulus) are doing nothing with our daily audio aside from putting a segment or two on the Top 10. We think there's a market for more. Skim whatever you want for the Top 10, but then let us have the rights to the rest. We'll do all the work to cut the audio, post the podcasts, and monetize it. Surely this is preferable to doing nothing with the audio right?"

And Cumulus just said "Nah we'd rather do nothing with it"
mavsfan4ever
AG
Could see that happening. But doing nothing is much preferable to cumulus than giving the rights to Dan and Jake and letting them profit on it. Giving the rights away to Dan and Jake takes listeners away from the radio station. Doing nothing arguably adds listeners.

I subscribe to that website that lets you listen to all shows at any time. It basically records all shows. And I never listen to the radio any more. The digital rights of the show would just give that option to a much larger audience.

Maybe there is a middle ground where Dan and Jake get a small cut of the digital revenue/profit. But they'd re never getting all or s majority of that fit
Guzen
AG
I have been a Freak convert other than the HZ daily. Hoping Dan and Jake can get over to 97.1
Mitch Paradise
Hincemm
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Maybe there is a middle ground where Dan and Jake get a small cut of the digital revenue/profit.
or just give them a higher base...but alas.
sixiron
AG
Apparently we might get an update after noon.

First Page Last Page
Page 487 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.