Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,239,907 Views | 19951 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by mavsfan4ever
bthotugigem05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The transition from Greyhound bus as punishment to Greyhound now sponsoring it is a bit of a wet fart
Nagler
AG
That's just a good salesman seeing an opportunity.
CampingAg
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

The transition from Greyhound bus as punishment to Greyhound now sponsoring it is a bit of a wet fart
It's weird. Riding your bus is a punishment that an entire radio station is trying to avoid, and I don't think Greyhound is going to be cast in a positive light, but yeah let's sponsor it.
powerbelly
AG
CampingAg said:

bthotugigem05 said:

It's weird. Riding your bus is a punishment that an entire radio station is trying to avoid, and I don't think Greyhound is going to be cast in a positive light, but yeah let's sponsor it.
No one rides Greyhound because they have other options. You might as well jump on board the joke.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Seriously, it is the long distance travel mode of last resort. This is not a secret. Embrace the publicity.
Mozart Paintings
AG
Chewy said:

While it was strong I don't think it was as good as In Da Club from a few years ago.

Great work by Jub and the gang though. It's always a delight this time of year when the wintry mix hits so a Michael Irvin School Closing mix hits as well.

Can anyone post the In Da Club one? That might be a top 3 8:40 bit of all time in my opinion.
Chewy
AG
Corby and Cowlishaw on the Pigskin Roundtable or whatever the hell they call it here in a few minutes.

If there's a loved one you've been meaning to reach out to those two segments will be a wonderful opportunity to do so.
Stive
AG
I just heard the Playmaker "closed" song from yesterday. Wow….that was awesome.

The Pilot
AG
Who else really enjoyed Cowlishaw on Pigskin Panel this morning?
The Pilot
AG
Hope I didn't just jump headfirst into a bear trap there.
Robert C. Christian
AG
The Pilot said:

Hope I didn't just jump headfirst into a bear trap there.
Nope, you are all good:

dave94
AG
What happened?
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Hi, Miss Hap.
The Pilot
AG
dave94 said:

What happened?
He didn't show up. Looks like he got to sleep in and the rest of us didn't have to listen to him. WIN WIN
CampingAg
AG
How many Ticket degenerates will be at the Greyhound station in 4 hours to send off Corby?
GarlandAg2012
AG
Not me. He should suffer. P1 fanboys sending him off are weird AF to me.
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
ac04
dave94
AG

I think it's hitting him
CampingAg
AG
Did I forget what he looks like or is Jake unhealthy? I didn't even recognize him. Maybe no beard + beanie. Idk.
Bones08
AG

What a beating.

Edit: Also a bus tracker link as well - https://bustracker.greyhound.com/routes/1415/I/Dallas_TX-Phoenix_AZ/GLI_1415/02-03-2023
Mozart Paintings
AG
This is a great damn bit. Can't wait to hear his beaten down ass tomorrow on all the shows
walton91
Not sure he'll be beaten down
Spaceship
AG
"I got up in the middle of the night to go to a bus station and see a radio host ride a bus what am I doing with my life"
Chewy
AG
Listened to Corby's 8:15 segment and he sounded so beat down. I thought for a second he was doing a bit but I think it's really just him.

I think that trip would be kind of fun if forced to do it.

Every host up there would find some enjoyment except for Corby. So glad he's the one that lost.
Rudyjax
AG
Chewy said:

Listened to Corby's 8:15 segment and he sounded so beat down. I thought for a second he was doing a bit but I think it's really just him.

I think that trip would be kind of fun if forced to do it.

Every host up there would find some enjoyment except for Corby. So glad he's the one that lost.
it looks absolutely miserable stopping every hour. I think the longest stretch without a stop is 3 hours. That would suck throughout the night.
Chewy
AG
I think if you realize it's a Greyhound and that's what they do you get over it pretty quick.

It's not like he's in a rush to get to Phoenix. It's not the ideal way to travel for most of us but for a ~22 hour bit that's part of your job I think most people would just accept the beating and have some fun.

If 22 hours on a Greyhound is completely miserable you're living a pretty damn good life. Suck it up and have some fun.

Edit - It's 22 hours and not 10. I still believe it's not all that bad in the grand scheme and a little fun can be had.
bthotugigem05
AG
I think it's been perfect so far, especially his whisper voice while sitting next to random P1s who bought tickets and he had to sit next to.
'03ag
It's 22 hours
Chewy
AG
I do think his trip is gonna take a turn for the worse when Ben and Cletus get off in El Paso.

He'll be tired and lonely.

It'll make for great radio.
dave94
AG
Chewy said:

I do think his trip is gonna take a turn for the worse when Ben and Cletus get off in El Paso.

I'm annoyed that the P1 had to screw this up. On a full bus, we needed Corby having to sit next to a "bus person"
'03ag
The issue is going to 22 hours in that chair. That's not going to be good on his middle aged body. I'm 42 and I would be a mess. I'm 6'1" though. Is he short? Would help but only a little.

But then I've never been able to sleep in a chair of any kind. Not even as a teenager. Maybe he can.
bthotugigem05
AG
dave94 said:

Chewy said:

I'm annoyed that the P1 had to screw this up. On a full bus, we needed Corby having to sit next to a "bus person"
At the same time though at least the P1 gave him some insulation to be able to speak more freely.

His whisper pterodactyl laugh was great.
walton91
double aught
AG
Chewy said:

I think if you realize it's a Greyhound and that's what they do you get over it pretty quick.

It's not like he's in a rush to get to Phoenix. It's not the ideal way to travel for most of us but for a ~22 hour bit that's part of your job I think most people would just accept the beating and have some fun.

If 22 hours on a Greyhound is completely miserable you're living a pretty damn good life. Suck it up and have some fun.

Edit - It's 22 hours and not 10. I still believe it's not all that bad in the grand scheme and a little fun can be had.
For sure. It would be a bit of an adventure. Plus you've got access to any movies, tv shows, or books you want. The hardest part would be the sleeping.
Rudyjax
AG
double aught said:

Chewy said:

For sure. It would be a bit of an adventure. Plus you've got access to any movies, tv shows, or books you want. The hardest part would be the sleeping.
That was my point. the longest stretch is 3 hours. It's easier to sleep when the bus is going at a constant speed than stopping and starting. And loading and unloading passengers.
First Page Last Page
Page 458 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.