Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,240,921 Views | 19951 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by mavsfan4ever
WC87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Hincemm said:

you know it's a slow sports day when bob is rt clay travis-related material...

I just heard Bob's brilliant economic take on minimum wage recently. He should probably sit out on all political talk for the foreseeable future.

Exactly. Those idiots would run a small business into the ground. I'm not a Clay fanboy, but he built a podcast/website into an empire.
WC87
AG
I heard bits/pieces of the minimum wage talk but was dealing with work/kids/life and missed a decent portion of it. Is there audio somewhere?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Who is the on the bus to the Super Bowl? I didn't hear the result.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Who is the on the bus to the Super Bowl? I didn't hear the result.

Tie-breaker between Bob and Corby this weekend picking the wild card games
Moe Jzyslak
AG
We'll know on Monday. Bob and Corby are picking the Wild Card games. If they're tied going into the Cowboys game Monday night, they flip a coin to decide who gets which team.
Ol Jock 99
PuryearAg98
AG
E-Brake Submission of the Week

This has to be a submission, right?? An all time E Brake, in my opinion...
The Pilot
AG
PuryearAg98 said:

E-Brake Submission of the Week

This has to be a submission, right?? An all time E Brake, in my opinion...
Thats a hell of a bear trap.
txag2008
AG
The Pilot said:

Dan realizing why they call the Texas Panhandle the Panhandle.
Just heard the panhandle segment this morning. As someone who was born and raised in the Panhandle until college, consider me on Team Dan. I had never heard about the panhandle being named because it looks like the 'handle of a pan'. Yes it makes sense, it's just that I had never really thought about it before.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
It's right there in the name.
double aught
AG
Somehow in just 24 hours they have beaten the panhandle bit into the ground.
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Yeah. It was funny, but it's not Jub laughing about animals or "When Mozart sits down to paint..." funny. The best part was Blake saying "The Year of Dan is over"
Rudyjax
AG
txag2008 said:

The Pilot said:

Dan realizing why they call the Texas Panhandle the Panhandle.
Just heard the panhandle segment this morning. As someone who was born and raised in the Panhandle until college, consider me on Team Dan. I had never heard about the panhandle being named because it looks like the 'handle of a pan'. Yes it makes sense, it's just that I had never really thought about it before.

That's just odd. Why wouldn't you look at a map and understand it?
MW03
AG
To be somewhat fair to dan, Big Bend also looks like the handle of a pan, and neither of them look as much like the handle of a pan as part of oklahoma just north of it. The best part to me was that the comment was made in the context of not being able to see shapes in the stars. I think maybe dan just doesn't have a very good imagination.
Gomer95
AG
I'm as Red Blooded Texan as they get and until this morning I always knew where the area was they call the Panhandle but always thought it was so named because of the area above it, i.e. Oklahoma because the left side of Oklahoma looks like the handle of a pan and the whole state looks like a pot/pan. I never thought the state of Texas looked like a pan lol.
powerbelly
AG
You never heard of the Florida panhandle? Nine states have a panhandle. Your geography teacher failed you.
Gomer95
AG
Lol I wouldn't doubt it.
GarlandAg2012
AG
It was weird to me until I thought about it as Oklahoma being a pot/pan as viewed in profile and Texas a pan viewed from above.
CampingAg
AG

What the heck is Patriot Mobile? Whoever they are Jake is bleeding all over Twitter saying the city of Grapevine and Grapevine PD are full of racists.
powerbelly
AG
They are the money behind the recent school board wins in Grapevine. I am sure you can find his thoughts on that somewhere in the IJB archives.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Looks like they are against things like CRT and Marxism, support the bill of rights, etc. Total haters. They are racist because they don't want little jake to grow up being beaten over the head about his white privilege

https://www.patriotmobileaction.com/who-we-are/
CampingAg
AG
Funny that Jake would call a bunch of racists without thinking twice if need at his house arose.
DannyDuberstein
AG
They apparently also believe this country is exceptional, which if I lived in a country that developed treatment to treat my kid's birth defect to keep him from being developmentally challenged and provide an amazing level of care in the process while I pay bills with money I get for talking on the radio, I might think it's pretty exceptional.
752bro4
AG
He also white-flighted from Fort Worth to grapevine if he were truly offended, he'd stay in inner city 817 and raise his kids that way instead of the suburbian upper-middle-class dream.
Trucker 96
Who wants to tell Jake that the lady who founded the hospital that his kid had surgery in is related to Jefferson Davis and her granddaddy was a Mississippi slave owner? Not making this up.
WC87
AG
Jake is not a critical thinker.

I would venture to say Gordon may be the only one at that station that has nuanced thoughts about things outside sports.
dave94
AG
Y'all have to admit it's effing strange for a police dept. to post about getting a pizza party from a company that funds a PAC.

What if it was a company that funded a left wing PAC? There would be people up in arms then also.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It would probably be ****-ass vegetarian pizza.
WC87
AG
dave94 said:

Y'all have to admit it's effing strange for a police dept. to post about getting a pizza party from a company that funds a PAC.

What if it was a company that funded a left wing PAC? There would be people up in arms then also.

A left wing PAC or company giving money to the police for a pizza party? The same people that want to defund them? I'd say it would the exact same internet mob outraged.

And another thought here, if I was a cop and was repeatedly called a racist, a African American murderer, a bigot, a fascist, had people actively calling for my funding and my job to be eliminated, I damn sure would accept a pizza party from a supportive group.
tk for tu juan
Corby and Bob had the same picks for PWF with the only difference being the triple play. Now this change…

DannyDuberstein
AG
Go Jags
hoosier-daddy
Bc Corby didn't want the possibility of having to root against the Cowboys. Lame
MonkeyKnifeFighter
The Pilot
AG
We need some drama in this game.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Not looking great for Bob.
First Page Last Page
Page 453 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.