Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,241,018 Views | 19951 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by mavsfan4ever
beagle2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What was the stat?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Macarthur said:

Not to mention the fact that the genesis oif the segment was a stat that was shown to be false.

What was it?
Macarthur
ChipFTAC01
AG
Macarthur said:

Agree. It was a frustrating segment. I will say though, if Jimbo starts winning, most of this crap will go away.

No it wont
Ervin Burrell
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Have we been disappointing? Heck yeah, and there is plenty of fair criticism to go around. But we definitely will not get the benefit of the doubt with guys like them. And, being in the same conference with the horns and OU again...it'll only get worse, just like it was before. I've enjoyed being 'away' from them...wish it'd lasted longer.
Why, given our history, should they give us the benefit of the doubt? We are a perennial disappointment save for once a decade or so.
AgGrad99
AG
Macarthur said:

Agree. It was a frustrating segment. I will say though, if Jimbo starts winning, most of this crap will go away.
I want Jimbo to win big here, for this very reason. Would love to shut them up.
AgGrad99
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

AgGrad99 said:

Have we been disappointing? Heck yeah, and there is plenty of fair criticism to go around. But we definitely will not get the benefit of the doubt with guys like them. And, being in the same conference with the horns and OU again...it'll only get worse, just like it was before. I've enjoyed being 'away' from them...wish it'd lasted longer.
Why, given our history, should they give us the benefit of the doubt? We are a perennial disappointment save for once a decade or so.

Im saying that in context of my post, and their conversation.

They dog our staff, while ignoring the same issues on the staff at other programs.
They dog our coach's contract, while ignoring his type of contract has become commonplace.

With regards to comparing schools, A&M will never get the benefit of the doubt with them. They'll always see us as lower status, or screwing up in every regard, even if it's not true, or we're the same as others. This conversation was just an example of that.
Legal Custodian
AG
I fast forwarded when they started talking A&M. Jub started with the fact that Jimbo is the only coach in FBS history to start the season top6 and finish unranked 3 times throughout his career.

I'm pretty sure I saw a tweet where someone said that DKR did that 3 times in the 60s too.

It's like their Big12 darling did so poorly in the title game that they have to look around and kick their favorite whipping boy to take focus off the fact that the Big12 is terrible.

Has Jimbo and A&M underachieved the past decade? Sure, but we still have the best record of Texas teams since 2012 (conference realignment). And that's us playing statistically (and objectively) the toughest schedule of all of them.

School - Win % - Avg SOS
A&M - 66% - 17th
Houston - 62% - 69th
TCU - 62% - 22nd
Baylor - 61% - 25th
t.u. - 57% - 18th
Tech - 49% - 36th
SMU - 48% - 73rd
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Ervin Burrell said:

AgGrad99 said:

Im saying that in context of my post, and their conversation. Again...

They dog our staff, while ignoring the same issues on another staff.
They dog our coach's contract, while ignoring his type of contract has become commonplace.

With regards to comparing schools, A&M will never get the benefit of the doubt with them. They'll always see us as lower status, or screwing up in every regard, even if it's not true, or we're the same as others. This conversation was just an example of that.

I tuned in yesterday for WTDS for the first time in a long time only to immediately hear Bob, Jake, Corby and Davie talking about minimum wage. Their grasp of economics was honestly as sad as it was funny. A whole lot of snark and about zero economic literacy but that didn't stop their ignorant mocking.

I get that they used to be (and still are in moments) entertaining but, to me, the station is severely lacking these days.
txag2008
AG
Legal Custodian said:

I'm pretty sure I saw a tweet where someone said that DKR did that 3 times in the 60s too.
"Like football refs"
Chewy
AG
Just win, Jimbo
tk for tu juan
Every time George wants to do one of his A&M segments, an equal amount time replaying his reading of 50 Shades should be required.
zag213004
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

AgGrad99 said:

Ervin Burrell said:

AgGrad99 said:

I tuned in yesterday for WTDS for the first time in a long time only to immediately hear Bob, Jake, Corby and Davie talking about minimum wage. Their grasp of economics was honestly as sad as it was funny. A whole lot of snark and about zero economic literacy but that didn't stop their ignorant mocking.

I get that they used to be (and still are in moments) entertaining but, to me, the station is severely lacking these days.

Yeah I heard that. I also noticed they didnt draw parallels to their own in-house situation. Why aren't the "Tier 1s" giving some of their money to the tier 2 and 3s... Huh?
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
zwhag2010 said:

Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

AgGrad99 said:

Ervin Burrell said:

AgGrad99 said:

Yeah I heard that. I also noticed they didnt draw parallels to their own in-house situation. Why aren't the "Tier 1s" giving some of their money to the tier 2 and 3s... Huh?

Exactly. I, for one, am shocked to learn that a bunch of ignorant sports talk guys are hypocrites.
Gomer95
AG
What was the "Big 5:50 announcement"?
Legal Custodian
AG
Ticket Stock
Micah is the head liner

Can't remember the dates
DannyDuberstein
AG
Ticketstock, Micah Parsons will be the headliner
Bones08
AG

I don't know how they were able to book David Moore and Bruce Levine.
dave94
AG
Bones08 said:

I don't know how they were able to book David Moore and Bruce Levine.
The Pilot
AG
No Boatswain.
BoomGoesThe
I don't understand how being ranked in the top 6 preseason and then finishing unranked is mostly about a coach. It's an indictment of what a poor job the media does evaluating teams. You had to be a complete moron of an "expert" to think A&M would finish as one of the best teams in the country before this season started.

And Top 6? Talk about trying to shoehorn a stat to meet a narrative. People are always talking about who the top 6 teams in the country are, definitely not the top 4, 5, or 10. Talk about what a horrible, underperforming season it was, or how bad Jimbo's offenses have been. You don't have to make up arbitrary stats.
walton91
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Does anyone else hear Blake saying "2:15 today" in their head any time they read or see the time 2:15?
The Pilot
AG
Dan realizing why they call the Texas Panhandle the Panhandle.

806 represent!
Hincemm
AG
you know it's a slow sports day when bob is rt clay travis-related material...

Legal Custodian
AG
And he just made a 2023 goal to tweet less
tejas_ayanem
Remember when Clay would claim to be nonpartisan...
txag2008
AG
806 represent
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Hincemm said:

you know it's a slow sports day when bob is rt clay travis-related material...

I just heard Bob's brilliant economic take on minimum wage recently. He should probably sit out on all political talk for the foreseeable future.
powerbelly
AG
tejas_ayanem said:

He did vote for Obama, twice.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
tejas_ayanem said:

You mean the guy with conservative talking points starting the last few years who previously voted for Obama twice?
Hincemm
AG
Clay is a demagogue. Don't even find him entertaining anymore. Need the clay of 5 years ago.

still annoyed by bobs political takes though.

So why not [hate] both?
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
I'm with you. The only time I'm aware of Clay Travis is because of the ticket (either them talking about him or this thread).
DannyDuberstein
AG
Legal Custodian said:

And he just made a 2023 goal to tweet less

He probably had a bowl of cereal after 7pm last night too
Malachi Constant
AG
Some very positive comments from board-favorite Joel Klatt. Expects A&M to be a +4 in the win column next season. Also "loved" the Petrino hire.
First Page Last Page
Page 452 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.