Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,241,291 Views | 19952 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by FincAg
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Before you know it, holiday Dry Dock is gonna start before Thanksgiving
Stive
AG
Thought the same thing this morning. Did the math in my head and realized we have three whole weeks of dry dock.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, this seemed to start a several years ago from Cumulus trying to save a few bucks. I think it was even before covid because Rhynes dry dock that became a retirement announcement started really early too. They get thru the November ratings sweeps and then basically let them off for close to a month
MW03
AG
I think it's also a way to keep them from using vacation time during important months of the year. It seems like these dudes get 4 weeks of vacation time, and they all use 1 week during the year and the 3 weeks at Christmas.
Legal Custodian
AG
MW03 said:

I think it's also a way to keep them from using vacation time during important months of the year. It seems like these dudes get 4 weeks of vacation time, and they all use 1 week during the year and the 3 weeks at Christmas.
Norm laughs at 4 weeks of vacation time
Coates
MW03 said:

Important months like December when the cowboys would make a playoff run.
double aught
AG
A lot of sports news going around so I tuned in this morning. These guys are a complete beating. Breaking news, I know.
Nagler
AG
Seems like it would be a better idea to do a long dry dock in mid-summer around the MLB All Star game when there isn't much going on.

I get the vacation around Christmas but 3 weeks while the Cowboys, Mavs, Stars, CFB, etc seems a bit much.
FTAco07
AG
It's all about how the ratings system works. The ratings book for the month/year ended on White Elephant / Grego on The Freak Day and doesn't start again until next year. Because of that, stations don't really care how many people tune out this time of year. If there were mass vacations in the summer, when the sports calendar would suggest they should be, there would be a dip in their ratings and corresponding ad revenue.

This time of year is the best shot for The Freak to try to gain some traction since they are smartly keeping their main hosts on the air and hoping some P1s prefer them over dry dock and end up staying there in the new year.
Hincemm
AG
FTAco07 said:

It's all about how the ratings system works. The ratings book for the month/year ended on White Elephant / Grego on The Freak Day and doesn't start again until next year. Because of that, stations don't really care how many people tune out this time of year. If there were mass vacations in the summer, when the sports calendar would suggest they should be, there would be a dip in their ratings and corresponding ad revenue.
what an obsolete system
bthotugigem05
AG
Easier for the industry to rebase their ad prices only once/year with how long some of these contracts run.
CampingAg
AG
Coates said:

MW03 said:

Important months like December when the cowboys would make a playoff run.
This. I always find it funny the amount of work that goes into Cowboys season only to be gone the most important part of the season.
AW 1880
AG
Not really that important for Cowboys fans for most of the last 24 years.
Jack Ruby
AW 1880 said:

Not really that important for Cowboys fans for most of the last 24 years.
'03ag
Legal Custodian
AG
That sucks, you could tell how attached he was to him with how many stories he told. Will be praying for his family.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Man...that's a day I absolutely dread. Sorry to hear about his pops. Prayers for the Davidson family.
True Anomaly
AG
Does Mike Rhyner actually reach out to Corby to offer condolences?
bert harbinson
AG
That's a tough one. No matter how prepared you think you are, when that day finally comes, you're not.
Jack Ruby
As much as we rag on snake, that sucks. Hope he and his family are doing ok
MW03
AG
I lost my dad nearly 20 years ago, and it still sucks. I'll send up a prayer for the Davidsons for sure.
'03ag
Same
walton91
True Anomaly said:

Does Mike Rhyner actually reach out to Corby to offer condolences?

I bet he does. Mike probably got to know his dad a little over the years
The Shank Ag
Random story

My company is launching a startup App as a subsidiary of our business. Reached out to Cumulus sales to advertise on the little ticket.

With no live reads, with no recorded reads, with no call ins, and starting the last week of dry dock we got a package presented to us that blew my mind financially (I'm the CFO of both the main company and startup)

18 recorded spots per week for a 3 week period right after dry dock + a booth at ticketstock and 4 promos at the event.

$27,045

Mozart Paintings
AG
Wonder what that would cost on the freak?
The Shank Ag
they had metal bats said:

Wonder what that would cost on the freak?

Waiting on a quote. I'm guessing about 2/3rds to 1/2
FincAg
AG
So $15m for the booth, $2m for each promo at ticketstock, $4m for all the radio spots through EOY?

Did they break down the bid?
Ervin Burrell
AG
The Shank Ag said:

Random story

My company is launching a startup App as a subsidiary of our business. Reached out to Cumulus sales to advertise on the little ticket.

With no live reads, with no recorded reads, with no call ins, and starting the last week of dry dock we got a package presented to us that blew my mind financially (I'm the CFO of both the main company and startup)

18 recorded spots per week for a 3 week period right after dry dock + a booth at ticketstock and 4 promos at the event.

$27,045

I feel like a dumbass for having to ask but I assume this blew your mind because it's too high? Just the spots alone and no ticketstock stuff would come to $500/spot, and that's in the ballpark of what I've always thought these things cost but I don't have the slightest clue what's reasonable or not.
ac04
hate to keep beating a dead horse but the bench depth on the ticket is really concerning. how can this be the best they can get for morning drive? switched over to the freak for a bit and it was awful as well, then i realized this is their normal morning lineup. guess its podcast time.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
I wonder what McShans pays for each of those five second ads which I still can't understand the first part even after hearing it for thousands of times. An interpretation would be most appreciated.
WC87
AG
Law Hall 69-72 said:

I wonder what McShans pays for each of those five second ads which I still can't understand the first part even after hearing it for thousands of times. An interpretation would be most appreciated.
Chan Flores your expressure of shove
walton91
Wrong. Clearly it's...

"shan floris espressin uh luh"
dcAg
The Down Beat is better than the Hardline. I love Bob though. I think Rhyner and Danny were just tired of trying to deal with Corby who has no business being a drive time host.

I am sure that The Freak opened up the checkbook. That was one of Sirois great points of contention with The Ticket. The Freak is gaining strength. Just see how the advertising has been filling up.
Macarthur
I thought I saw that their ratings were not good.
powerbelly
AG
Macarthur said:

I thought I saw that their ratings were not good.

They are not good at all
First Page Last Page
Page 447 of 571

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.